PDA

View Full Version : Free Online Sirius Trial

midgetonadonkey
10-17-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.sirius.com/wo/Howard/freetrial.html

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Sign up. Wednesday and Thursday is free access to every single channel on Sirius. Try it out.

This mean free Howard Stern, Bubba the Love Sponge and Scott Farrell (greatest sports talk show ever).

Sign the fuck up!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-24-2006, 12:27 AM
What do you think I did after the early games on Sunday?

I was hooking up the home kit on the roof so I could have Sirius inside.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:29 AM
I have the home kit for my Visor. I bring it in and out every day.

But for those without the equipment, you can listen free for these two days.

Sirius is the future of radio.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I have the home kit for my Visor. I bring it in and out every day.

But for those without the equipment, you can listen free for these two days.

Sirius is the future of radio.

When I was in San Angelo, I bought the home kit for my Visor but since I was either home or at my apartment (and I was essentially on-call all the time on Cop Shop), I decided to return it and just leave it in my car.

But I got the home kit as part of a promo offer when I got my Sportster Replay, so I finally decided to go up on the roof when CBS couldn't show the end of the ATL-PIT game even though it there was less than three minutes left in the game.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Sirius is the shit. They have NFL, NBA and next season they will have Nascar. It is well worth the money. Everybody should subscribe.

CuckingFunt
10-24-2006, 12:35 AM
I've been on the fence for a while about satellite radio.

I never think it'd be worth the money for me since I seldom listen to the radio. However, the reason I seldom listen to the radio is because it sucks.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Howard 100 and Howard 101 has a radio sitcom, written and produced by Sam Simon creator of the Simpsons, premiering on Wednesday and a roast of Gary "Bababouey" Delabonte on Thursday. Everybody should listen and give it a try.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-24-2006, 12:38 AM

I never think it'd be worth the money for me since I seldom listen to the radio. However, the reason I seldom listen to the radio is because it sucks.

Chicken or the egg.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:39 AM

I felt the same way until I got Sirius as an Xmas gift. It is incredible. A channel for every musical genre you can imagine. They also have CNN news, ESPN radio, comedy radio and Howard. It's well worth the 13 bucks a month. I'm a cheap Mexican and I don't mind paying 13 bucks a month for it.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Is there a lifetime subscription like TiVO has?

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Is there a lifetime subscription like TiVO has?

Yes there is.

I purchased a year up front with Sirius and I saved about 40 dollars by doing so. If you want a lifetime subscription it will cost you a couple of hundred bucks but you will save much more in the long run.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:46 AM
http://www.sirius.com/wo/Howard/freetrial.html

CuckingFunt
10-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I do know that if I get serious about it, I'm definitely getting something portable. My aunt bought a new truck with XM installed, signed up and paid for three years of service, and the truck was totalled within about six months.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:53 AM
XM sucks. They have stations that still have commercials. They are not a true ad free service. The Sirius talk stations have commericals, but the music stations, all 75 of them, are commecrial free. Anyone with XM is fucked. Sirius will lead the satellite revolution.

CuckingFunt
10-24-2006, 12:57 AM
But, will they lead the satellite revolucion?

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
But, will they lead the satellite revolucion?

Yes they will.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1158082417240

This will lead it all. We will use the money we get from the pawn shops to purchase these.

CuckingFunt
10-24-2006, 01:07 AM
I had no idea that the revolucion was such a stylish affair.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 01:09 AM
I had no idea that the revolucion was such a stylish affair.

La Revolucion is bigger and badder than anyone could imagine.

CuckingFunt
10-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Que impressive.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-24-2006, 01:16 AM

I would say this. Give it a try this week (and you can also get three days of XM online free anytime...some stations limited, but all the music is there) and see if you would listen more.

What I've noticed about the two services is Sirius plays more of the music you know and XM plays the artists you know, but a lot of other stuff from them or artists like them.

It's really a flip based on those things and sports, but I suggest going with the free trials.

leemajors
10-24-2006, 07:45 AM
XM has baseball as far as sports go, sirius has NBA and NFL. sirius was the obvious choice for me.

ShoogarBear
10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Howard Stern is a douche bag.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Howard Stern is a douche bag.

This is pretty much the first day I've listened to Stern ever.

The only reason I singed up for XM initially was for MLB (but I enjoyed the music selection) and I'll probably keep it going once the MLB is over.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Stern is a douche but his show is really entertaining.

tsb2000
10-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't even listen to terrestrial radio anymore. No reason. I even upgraded my Sirius unit to the new Sportster 4, after having a Starmate Replay for about a year, and even signed up for the internet service to have all the channels in the office. I wish they offered it on airline flights- that would rule! :)

midgetonadonkey
10-26-2006, 12:35 AM
This is your last chance fuckers. Sign the fuck up.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-26-2006, 02:29 AM
XM sucks. They have stations that still have commercials. They are not a true ad free service. The Sirius talk stations have commericals, but the music stations, all 75 of them, are commecrial free. Anyone with XM is fucked. Sirius will lead the satellite revolution.something tells me donkey here has Sirius stock http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

IceColdBrewski
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
something tells me donkey here has Sirius stock

You beat me to it. Damned if he doesn't sound like someone who sunk his life savings into some Sirius stock. :lol

I have XM myself. I've listened to sirius a few times. They're about equal. Not sure what sirius has done to catch up, but XM had more bells and whistles when I decided between the two.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
You beat me to it. Damned if he doesn't sound like someone who sunk his life savings into some Sirius stock. :lol

I have XM myself. I've listened to sirius a few times. They're about equal. Not sure what sirius has done to catch up, but XM had more bells and whistles when I decided between the two.

Exactly. When I was deciding last year which service to get (I finally got a chance to listen to satellite radio for an extended period during a roadtrip with a friend who had XM), I had to decide to go on sports coverage since the music was neither here nor there to me too much.

I didn't listen to a lot of music before I got the satellite, but have since found new bands and old stuff growing on me again.

I finally decided (it was about a year ago) to go with Sirius since baseball was over and NBA and NFL were in full swing. About the same time, I purchased a Roady2 from CompUSA that was on sale for $10 and had a $10 rebate with it, so I kept that around and finally installed and signed up for XM when I was in San Angelo and had three-hour trips to and from San Antonio. It was a great time to catch a ball game and I ended up listening to a lot of music, too.

Something I have noticed, though, XM seems to play some more obscure comics (as I've noticed on the music, too) on their uncensored comedy channel and I didn't find a lot of it funny.

On Sirius's Raw Dog, there are a ton of comics I like, so it's usually on that station.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2006, 01:34 PM
midge is a corporate tool.

midgetonadonkey
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Midge is a sexy bitch.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
For anybody with Sirius, I just heard a promo for one of the greatest radio shows of all time Monday at 7 p.m. CST. I will forgo MNF to listen to this.

The Original Mercury Theater Production of War of the Worlds
Mon 10/30 8:00 pm ET
8 pm ET, October 30, 1938. A nation tuning in to CBS Radio heard a startling broadcast: Earth was being invaded by beings from Mars...

Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre radio adaptation of H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds originally aired as a Halloween special. Welles' genius was to set the story, not in late-19th century England, as in the original, but in 1938 New Jersey, and perform it like a news broadcast. Reportedly, many listeners believed the invasion was real.

8 pm ET, October 30th, 2006. RadioClassics will re-broadcast of the original Mercury Theater production of The War of the Worlds. Listen as a nation did nearly 70 years ago.

Radio Classics, Channel 118

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Bump for anybody that might have missed the post about "War of the Worlds."

I'm going to record this, too. I went and got a coupler to go from the home kit to my digital recorder and my radio.

Free Trial of Sirius Radio Classics (http://www.radioclassics.com/sirius/)

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Interesting.

(And since I seem to be the only one interested in this, oh well...)

Apparently, the first time H.G. Wells and Orson Welles met was in a studio at KTSA. Right after the broadcast tonight, Sirius has an interview with both of them from that night.

http://www.mercurytheatre.info/

It's near the bottom.

H.G. Wells was driving through San Antonio, Texas and stopped to ask the way. The person he happened to ask was none other than Orson Welles who had recently broadcast "The War of the Worlds" on the radio. They got on well and spent the day together.

ShoogarBear
10-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I remember how scared I was that night.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-30-2006, 09:27 PM

Preemptive strike? :lol

ShoogarBear
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Precisely.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM

Preemptive strike? :lol

Precisely.

So, how did your grandchildren react and how did you eventually calm them down?

Guru of Nothing
10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Sirius subscriber - subscribed on a lark when I bought a new car recently.

Channel 124 - NFL Talk kicks ass.

Music channels are very good, though they really lack the will to get obscure.

My only real complaint is with the DJs. They could not possibly suck more. Thankfully, the music to DJ ratio is about 9:1, and anytime the music stops, I flip the channel.

I don't know a thing about XM.

ShoogarBear
10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
We read them some of the high school football articles from the Express-News.

They were usually asleep in two minutes.

Squid
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Sirius subscriber - subscribed on a lark when I bought a new car recently.

Channel 124 - NFL Talk kicks ass.

Music channels are very good, though they really lack the will to get obscure.

My only real complaint is with the DJs. They could not possibly suck more. Thankfully, the music to DJ ratio is about 9:1, and anytime the music stops, I flip the channel.

I don't know a thing about XM.

You forgot to mention Howard. Greatest stations ever. Scott Farrell has the best sports talk radio show ever on Howard 101.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-30-2006, 10:01 PM
We read them some of the high school football articles from the Express-News.

They were usually asleep in two minutes.

If it took you longer than two minutes to read 70 lines of copy, it's a sad shame that Ginko Biloba wasn't around during that time.

ShoogarBear
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
It takes a little time to do the Mandarin-to-English translation.