PDA

View Full Version : Crikey

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I dunno, somehow this seems . . . questionable.

Bindi Irwin gets own wildlife show
POSTED: 8:38 a.m. EDT, October 17, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Like father, like daughter.

Bindi Irwin, the 8-year-old daughter of the late "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, will star in a wildlife series to air on the Discovery Kids network early next year. The show's working title: "Bindi, The Jungle Girl."

Her father, animal lover and conservationist Steve Irwin, died from the poisonous jab of a stingray September 4. Besides Bindi, he left behind her mother, Terri, and 2-year-old brother, Bob.

The show, now in the early stages of production, was originally "going to be a father-daughter thing," starring the nature-loving duo, Discovery publicist Annie Howell told the Associated Press on Monday. "Steve and Bindi were very enthusiastic about doing the show together."

Irwin will appear with Bindi in scenes filmed before his death, his manager, John Stainton, said in an interview on People magazine's Web site.

"Some people think that I would be afraid of them, but I'm never ever afraid of an animal," Bindi said in an interview Monday on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Australian Story."

"I just get excited and some that are dangerous I just think, 'Oooh! What's going to happen?' and things like that."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/10/17/irwin.bindi.ap/index.html

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
this show was already being filmed and the ink was long loing long ago dried on the contract BEFORE steve died.

In fact , he died while filming a peice for Bindi's show.

also - I don;t see why they would subsequently try to back out of the show. has thier family's mission stopped ?

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Maybe this is good emotionally for an eight year old who's lost her Dad in an incident related to this show, but maybe it isn't.

And maybe she isn't being exploited by adults looking for cash, but maybe she is.

ORION
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I want to do an urban animal tv show..... you know rats, cats, dogs, crows pigeons. All the cool stuff. Then I want to follow it up with an Urban Animal cooking show.

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I want to do an urban animal tv show..... you know rats, cats, dogs, crows pigeons. All the cool stuff. Then I want to follow it up with an Urban Animal cooking show. You may have a hit in Japan:stirpot: :hungry:

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
You may have a hit in Japan:stirpot: :hungry:

The Iron Stomach Chef.

Old School Chic
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Maybe this is good emotionally for an eight year old who's lost her Dad in an incident related to this show, but maybe it isn't.

And maybe she isn't being exploited by adults looking for cash, but maybe she is.

She's such a cutie. I wish her all the best and pray that she is not getting exploited...

angel_luv
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I have only heard reporters' takes, but all of them I heard seemed to think Bindi really enjoys her show- that she is a natural at it like her father.