PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi misses MORE Practice

trueD
10-17-2006, 09:08 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4261315.html

Rockets guard Bonzi Wells returned to practice Sunday. Whether he would be back today was unclear.

Wells was scheduled for a root canal procedure Sunday evening.

He said he had missed several practices this past week and Friday's preseason game in Little Rock because of tooth pain, headaches and dizziness associated with the problem. He also was unable to go through all of Sunday's practice because of lightheadedness related to the condition.

He said he hoped Sunday's procedure would be enough and that he could return to practice or games "in the next couple of days."

"I had a minor setback," Wells said. "I have a bad toothache. It's not a good week to be sitting out of practice.

"I felt OK (Sunday). Coach's practices are always tough so it's tough to get through them.

"Coach does an excellent job of letting me pick and choose my spots, and whenever I need a break, giving me enough break time to recover and still go at it hard."

Wells said the soreness in the groin muscle he tore last season that kept him out of most of the Rockets' practices in the first week of the preseason was gone.

"My body feels pretty good now," Wells said. "Now it's just from the neck up.

"After I get past that, hopefully I'll pull everything together and by the time the regular season starts, I'll be 100 percent."

trueD
10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I know dental pain can be powerful, but C'MON! Isn't there pain medication for that?

Hopefully he stayed in really, REALLY good shape during the summer, or he's going to be hurting come regular season.

:lol

The Bonzi saga continues.

z0sa
10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
the Bonzi saga is only a subplot in the Houston saga...