PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 14, quizzed over MySpace anti-Bush page

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
A US girl of 14 was dragged out of class by Secret Service agents for calling President Bush an idiot on her MySpace page.

Julia Wilson's internet page, called "So Bush is an idiot but hey what else is new?", infuriated security experts, reports the Mirror.

She also posted the words "Kill Bush" and ran a cartoon of a knife stabbing the hand of the president.

Two federal agents went searching for Julia at her home before finding the teenager at school in Sacramento, California.

After pulling her out of class, they subjected her to a 20-minute interview.

Julia said: "I told them I just really don't agree with Bush's politics. I do not have any plans of harming Bush in any way. I am very peaceful. I just don't like Bush."

She said the agents warned her she could be locked up for making the threat.

Dad Jim Moose added: "I don't condone what she did, but it seems a little over the top. You'd think they could determine that she's not a credible threat."

http://www.ananova.com/images/blank.gifhttp://www.ananova.com/images/grayline.gif

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2039611.html?menu=

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
If they interviwed everyone that thinks Bush is an idiot, they would have to interview over one billion people.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
It is a little scary that the govt is reading My Space sites of teenaged girls anyway.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
The tactics are a pretty strong arm, but if you post something that sounds even vaguely threatening about the US president on the internet and then put all of your personal info next to it, you're an idiot. And given the amount of teen violence that seems to be seen more and more every year, I don't see why a 14 year old wouldn't be a "credible threat."

cheguevara
10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I've said it and keep saying it. Bush is a great leader and president. I am a supporter.

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
It is a little scary that the govt is reading My Space sites of teenaged girls anyway.Its either that or teenage boys.:lol

katyon6th
10-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Ridunkulous.

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I've said it and keep saying it. Bush is a great leader and president. I am a supporter.

My condolences to your brain.

Bush will go down in history as one of the 4 worst presidents in the history of the US. To think, I voted for him too.

:depressed

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Ridunkulous.Was that a Seanism??:lol

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
I've said it and keep saying it. Bush is a great leader and president. I am a supporter.http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wx0Fy2zqZE

angel_luv
10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
The tactics are a pretty strong arm, but if you post something that sounds even vaguely threatening about the US president on the internet and then put all of your personal info next to it, you're an idiot. And given the amount of teen violence that seems to be seen more and more every year, I don't see why a 14 year old wouldn't be a "credible threat."

Given that the fourteen year old cannot drive or fly without her parents buying her a ticket, she hardly qualifies as an immediate threat.

Also. the cartoon was a picture of a knife stabbing Bush's hand... she didn't go for his heart as someone really intent of killing him would.
Her rant couldn't be more adolescent.

I find it very hard to believe there was really no better use for the Secret Service agent's time.

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 10:36 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wx0Fy2zqZE

:lmao

Fillmoe
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
best myspace ever..... i want to shake this girls hand

sa_butta
10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
:lmaoIts not his fault...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ciEGEDgE1k4&mode=related&search=

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Given that the fourteen year old cannot drive or fly without her parents buying her a ticket, she hardly qualifies as an immediate threat.

Also. the cartoon was a picture of a knife stabbing Bush's hand... she didn't go for his heart as someone really intent of killing him would.

I find it very hard to believe there was really no better use for the Secret Service agent's time.

The words "Kill Bush" were next to it. If I were to put a sign in my front yard that said, "Kill Bush" I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of feds knocked on my front door.

I agree that the whole thing is a little ludicrous, and if it seems like I'm overreacting here it's because I've heard morons hear at UH pissing and moaning about this story like Bush personally signed an arrest warrant for her and the Secret Service locked her up at Gitmo. She got pulled out of class and talked to for 20 minutes. She got off easier than kids who write curse words on the rest room walls.

cheguevara
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
My condolences to your brain.

Bush will go down in history as one of the 4 worst presidents in the history of the US. To think, I voted for him too.

:depressed

Jim watch what you say in the internets! Guess why I made that comment, I got reasons, I ain't white, I aint't underage and I ain't a girl.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Speaking of, I wonder if Fillmoe had any governmental visits.

angel_luv
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
The words "Kill Bush" were next to it. If I were to put a sign in my front yard that said, "Kill Bush" I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of feds knocked on my front door.

I agree that the whole thing is a little ludicrous, and if it seems like I'm overreacting here it's because I've heard morons hear at UH pissing and moaning about this story like Bush personally signed an arrest warrant for her and the Secret Service locked her up at Gitmo. She got pulled out of class and talked to for 20 minutes. She got off easier than kids who write curse words on the rest room walls.

The only way I can justify the initial investigation was that it was my space and a dangerous adult could maybe possibly have been posing as a fourteen year old.

That or maybe the girl was repeating sentiment she was learning from her parents, who might be up to something.

But I do think that once it was proven that the girl was just fourteen(assuming she had no previous record of violence) that a simple phone call to a school official was the most that was necessary.

Why not let the school principle handle it in the beginning?
Seems like they could have given the child a chance to mend the situation before calling in the Big Guns.

easjer
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM

Unless she stole a car or hooked up with someone else to get to DC via train or bus. It wasn't the Bush is an idiot statement, or even the cartoon. It was KILL BUSH that got their attention.

Do I think it's over the top? Yeah, I do. Lots of people hate Bush. I am ashamed to admit I voted for him the second time. Nevertheless, common sense, you know? I'm pissed as hell at the City of Houston water people, but I'm not going around posting that I want to blow up their offices and leaving my contact info next to it.

angel_luv
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Unless she stole a car or hooked up with someone else to get to DC via train or bus. It wasn't the Bush is an idiot statement, or even the cartoon. It was KILL BUSH that got their attention.

Do I think it's over the top? Yeah, I do. Lots of people hate Bush. I am ashamed to admit I voted for him the second time. Nevertheless, common sense, you know? I'm pissed as hell at the City of Houston water people, but I'm not going around posting that I want to blow up their offices and leaving my contact info next to it.

Yes. But you are also not fourteen. You have lived longer and know how to problem solve and express your feelings in a useful manner.

I am not saying that the girl was right, just that her response was age typical.

dougp
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes. But you are also not fourteen. You have lived longer and know how to problem solve and express your feelings in a useful manner.

I am not saying that the girl was right, just that her response was age typical.
at 14, their political views are fueled by those around them - which could more than likely be her parents or a significant influence, perhaps an older boyfriend ... we don't know what exactly was asked in her questioning, but I bet it was more than likely, who are your friends, do you know anyone who is muslim, did your parents tell you they want to kill the president, etc.

Sportcamper
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
President George Bush is one of the greatest men in US history...A strong leader... A man willing to fight to preserve freedom and a man of compassion...

http://66.49.151.193/George%20Bush%20flys.gif