PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Centers

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 09:45 PM
What's going to be happening with the Magloire/Przybilla rotation in Portland?

(Yes, this has to do with fantasy league.)

ChumpDumper
10-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Before or after we trade Beno and Barry for one of them?

ATX Spur
10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Throw in LaMarcus, Randolph, and Raef into the fray.

ATX Spur
10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
LaMarcus will play. They'll try to see what he can do. They didn't just draft him with such a high pick for nothing. He'll play 25-30 minutes behind Randolph and Pryzzy.

ATX Spur
10-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Shoog, found this on center situation in Portland:

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge underwent surgery to repair a ligament tear in his right shoulder and will miss the start of the regular season, the team said Wednesday.

Aldridge, the second overall pick in the June draft, had the surgery done in Los Angeles. The team said it expects him to start rehabilitation within three weeks and return to the basketball court in mid- to late November. Portland opens the regular season at Seattle on Nov. 1.

The Trail Blazers acquired Aldridge and a future second-round draft pick from the Chicago Bulls for forward Viktor Khryapa and the draft rights to Tyrus Thomas, the fourth overall pick.

The 6-foot-11 forward from Texas averaged 11.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in five games for Portland during the Vegas Summer League.

The Trail Blazers did not expect Aldridge to start right away, with power forward Zach Randolph and centers Jamaal Magloire and Joel Przybilla on the roster.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

JamStone
10-17-2006, 11:58 PM
I think the Blazers will look at opportunities to trade Zach Randolph even if they don't say they will. If they don't, I think that Magloire starts and Przybilla backs him up, while Magloire plays stretches at power forward.

For fantasy, I would go with Magloire, even though Przybilla will should better blocked shots.

intlspurshk
10-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Why not trade Viktor with Beno? SPURS need him more than Beno.

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Thanks, folks.

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2006, 09:26 AM
im pretty sure the blazers are tryin to shop randolf/miles to a new home........

tlongII
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Magloire and Przybilla will see similar minutes throughout the season in all probability. However, I went to the game last night and Magloire absolutely SUCKED! He'll have to play better than that if he wants minutes. Aldridge will not play much this season. He needs to rehab his shoulder and he needs to get stronger anyway. I look for him to make an impact next season. The best player on our team is Brandon Roy. No question. I am amazed at how well this rookie plays.