PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question about phone calls

Kori Ellis
10-17-2006, 11:37 PM
If you call Canada from the US on your cell phone, is it considered an international call? Or do you just direct dial 1+area code+number?

In otherwords, do you need some sort of international plan on your phone to call Canada?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-17-2006, 11:39 PM
I think you have to dial the country code too, but as far as whether it's an international call or not, I think it might depend on your carrier.

When I signed up for international dialing when my mom went to Europe, I remember Sprint distinctly telling me that I would be able to make calls to Canada and Mexico with it too.

leemajors
10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
If you call Canada from the US on your cell phone, is it considered an international call? Or do you just direct dial 1+area code+number?

In otherwords, do you need some sort of international plan on your phone to call Canada?

you can direct dial for sure, there isn't a separate country code. if you still have cingular there is an extra charge.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-17-2006, 11:53 PM
you can direct dial for sure, there isn't a separate country code. if you still have cingular there is an extra charge.

Shows what I know.

Kori Ellis
10-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Thank LeeMajors (and JB). :)

ploto
10-18-2006, 12:31 AM

Calling Rasho? :lol

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Calling Rasho? :lol

And can we make it a conference call? :angel

Doesn't Noel play the Raptors this week?

boutons_
10-18-2006, 07:33 AM
1+area code+number?

yes, and same is true for some Caribbean countries like Jamaica, but it's a lot more expensive than Canada. Your carrier should have the rates on its website.

With Skype, it's a lot cheaper. I call Europe on Skype out of $0.02/minute.

leemajors
10-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Shows what I know.

i direct dial to canada all the time at work, meh. their postal codes suck though.

ObiwanGinobili
10-18-2006, 07:53 AM
try buytheminute.com for international phone card minutes.
I think calls to canada are 2 or 3 cents.

when emo was in Japan I was callign him for 6cents a min vs. 38cents from the cell company.