PDA

View Full Version : Bomar gets shot against Okla St

MajorMike
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
OSU's 2007 schedule includes game against Bomar's new team
By BILL HAISTEN World Sports Writer
10/18/2006

Sam Houston State, a Division I-AA football program out of Huntsville, Texas, has been added to Oklahoma State's 2007 nonconference schedule. The Bearkats will visit Stillwater on Sept. 29.

The Bearkat roster includes Rhett Bomar, the former University of Oklahoma quarterback. After it was discovered that he had accepted excessive payments from a Norman car dealership, Bomar was expelled from the OU program in August. The NCAA still has not cleared Bomar to play.

OSU's 2007 nonconference schedule currently includes a Sept. 1 home date with Rice, a Sept. 8 home date with Florida Atlantic, a Sept. 15 trip to Troy (Ala.) University and the Sept. 29 meeting with Sam Houston State. The Rice game may be rescheduled or canceled, OSU associate athletic director Dave Martin said Tuesday. The status of that game should be determined within two weeks, Martin said.

If the Sept. 1 date becomes open, Oregon State is among the schools that might fill the void.

"Oregon State has been mentioned," Martin said. "Other teams have been mentioned, too."

An Oregon State deal likely would be a home-and-home arrangement, with Oklahoma State playing at Corvallis in 2007. The deal might hinge on when the Beavers would be available for a game in Stillwater, and whether the 2007 contest would be televised.

OSU opens the 2007 Big 12 schedule against Texas Tech on Sept. 22 at Boone Pickens Stadium. The game is expected to be televised.

j-6
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Off topic: I met Boone and Madeleine Pickens on Saturday at their Paws in the City fundraiser in Dallas. I hope I look that good when I'm pushing 80.

MajorMike
10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I hope I have 1/100th that much money when I'm 80

NoMoneyDown
10-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Texas St. showed just how important a good QB is for a team last year. I admit Rhett isn't as mobile as that QB was, but I'm guessing SHSU may actually go somewhere next year in I-AA.

Brutalis
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Bear.. kats? Uhhmm.