PDA

View Full Version : The Breakup

1Parker1
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Just came out on DVD this week. Anyone seen it? I'm thinking about renting it, but I heard mixed reviews on it.

However, I love Vince Vaughn and I like Jennifer Aniston, so I'm guessing it will be good...

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Just came out on DVD this week. Anyone seen it? I'm thinking about renting it, but I heard mixed reviews on it.

However, I love Vince Vaughn and I like Jennifer Aniston, so I'm guessing it will be good...

Worst movie I have seen in years. I posted about it months ago, after I saw it at the theater.

DO NOT RENT IT!!!

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Parker, let me explain.

Do you ever go to someone's house while they are fighting with each other? You feel like you want to hide or shrink into the sofa because you feel uncomfortable, right?

Well, this is just like the movie...you want to leave. It sucks.

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Worth one watch.

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Not http://www.wristwatchreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/equalizer-High-Freq-2-watch.jpg

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 11:20 AM

It wasn't a classic movie but I enjoyed the on screen chemistry between Vaughn and Aniston.

I agree with Poland- worth one watch.

Opinionater
10-18-2006, 11:24 AM
IMHO, Jennifer looked HOT! So yeah, worth one viewing.

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 11:27 AM
And this polish accent hehe

katyon6th
10-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I thought there was a thread for this movie when it was in theatres but I can't find it. Regardless, I liked the movie. I thought it was funny and I remember it had an unexpected, but good, ending. It's worth watching.

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
...but good, ending

Well I thought that women do not like such endings.

And btw. when the ending is not as it suppose to be in womens mind the whole movie is not worth watching. Am I right?

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
I thought there was a thread for this movie when it was in theatres but I can't find it. Regardless, I liked the movie. I thought it was funny and I remember it had an unexpected, but good, ending. It's worth watching.

Here it be. :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43393&highlight=movie

katyon6th
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM

Thanks, V!

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Worst movie of the year for me.

How can you have liked this movie?

If you like watching two people argue ad nauseam in person, then you will like this movie. That is all it is...it is quite painful actually

Jimcs50

See, I hated it then too.

The ending blows.....there was no chemistry betw Jennifer and Vince at all.

Believe me 1Parker1, you will not like it at all.

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Well I thought that women do not like such endings.

And btw. when the ending is not as it suppose to be in womens mind the whole movie is not worth watching. Am I right?

You're wrong.

I get so tired of movies when every issue a person faces is cleanly and quickly resolved.
That is so not true to life.

Sometimes I go to the movies looking for a " happily ever after escape", but more often I want to see characters that I can relate to.
Life isn't always cleanly and quickly resolved.

I can handle reality and I appreciate film makers who aren't afraid to show me it.

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
yw Katy. :)

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
You're wrong.

I get so tired of movies when every issue a person faces is cleanly and quickly resolved.

Sometimes I go to the movies looking for a " happily ever after escape", but more often I want to see characters that I can relate to.

I can handle reality and I appreciate film makers who aren't afraid to show me it.

I call BULLSHIT.

Tell me you did not like Pretty Woman's ending 100times better.

:)

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
That's cool angel.

I like the movies which forceing you to think. Not many of them.
The ending was the best it should be.
Jimcs didn't liked it because of no chemistry. Yup - this is not what we want from the romantic comedies right?

polandprzem
10-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I call BULLSHIT.

quite a different movie :)

Diferent kind of relationship....

ZStomp
10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
You're wrong.

Great post Angel- I agree 100%.

It's worth one watch.

Aniston is so hot!

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM

I could tell you that to be obliging :) but it would be a lie.

I actually thought Pretty Woman was a pretty dull movie.
To me it was a poor woman's " My Fair Lady." Not that either were realistic.

Melmart1
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Jimcs50

Believe me 1Parker1, you will not like it at all.

I obviously don't know 1Parker1 as well as you to make such a bold statement as to what she will or won't like. But my tendency is to say she will think its OK. Something about being from Philly and the realism and ending makes me think she will like it. Not love it, just like. I don't think she will be dissapointed in spending four bucks renting it. There are far worse movies she could rent for that money.

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I obviously don't know 1Parker1 as well as you to make such a bold statement as to what she will or won't like. But my tendency is to say she will think its OK. Something about being from Philly and the realism and ending makes me think she will like it. Not love it, just like. I don't think she will be dissapointed in spending four bucks renting it. There are far worse movies she could rent for that money.

Yes, but there are far better movies to rent also. Why waste 2 hrs of your life watching a horrible detestable movie, when you can watch something more enjoyable?

I highly recommend Thankyou for Smoking, it is out now, and when I saw it a few months ago, I loved it. It is 10 times funnier (the point of a comedy, it must be funny, right?) than this one.

But, it is one man's opinion here, so you guys see what you want, but she asked for an opinion and I gave mine.

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Damn, I thought maybe 1P1 was going to announce something . . .

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
there was no chemistry betw Jennifer and Vince at all.
Well, clearly there was some.

ComfortablyNumb
10-18-2006, 02:31 PM
But not enough

SA210
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Good movie. Worth it to me. Jennifer Aniston is hot and I love when Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau work together.

They do great improv.

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Good movie. Worth it to me. Jennifer Aniston is hot and I love when Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau work together.

They do great improv.

Comparing Vince's and Jon's work in this movie to their worktogether in Swingers is like comparing a dinner theater to The Metropolitan Opra.

:nope

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Why, did you sleep through Swingers?

Melmart1
10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Jim didn't give 1P1 HIS opinion, he gave her HER opinion :lol

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Jim didn't give 1P1 HIS opinion, he gave her HER opinion :lol

:oops

I do have a tendency to do that, ya think?

I should have been in politics

:downspin:

Melmart1
10-18-2006, 04:49 PM
JimCS50=Kinder, gentler Karl Rove

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
JimCS50=Kinder, gentler Karl Rove

Don't forget much sexier too.

01Snake
10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Good movie. I'll buy it tomorrow. :)

1Parker1
10-18-2006, 06:55 PM
You're wrong.

:lmao Gee, thanks Angel. I'm guessing they stay broken up in the end?

1Parker1
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM

:lol That's right Melmart, you understand that we Phille folks like keepin it real.

People for College Station live in a dream world...

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 06:58 PM
:lmao Gee, thanks Angel. I'm guessing they stay broken up in the end?What goes around comes around . . . :)

1Parker1
10-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I think I may rent it...I got a coupon in the mail today for a $1.99 rental from Blockbuster. Besides, doesn't seem like there's anything else good to rent out there right now.

Thank You for Not Smoking does not seem like my idea of a good movie Jim. Seems like it's an old people movie....:oops :lol

1Parker1
10-18-2006, 06:59 PM
What goes around comes around . . . :)

:lol That was ONE time!!!!

angel_luv
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
:lmao Gee, thanks Angel. I'm guessing they stay broken up in the end?

Maybe. Maybe not. :angel

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes, but there are far better movies to rent also. Why waste 2 hrs of your life watching a horrible detestable movie, when you can watch something more enjoyable?

I highly recommend Thankyou for Smoking, it is out now, and when I saw it a few months ago, I loved it. It is 10 times funnier (the point of a comedy, it must be funny, right?) than this one.

But, it is one man's opinion here, so you guys see what you want, but she asked for an opinion and I gave mine.

I really liked Thank You For Smoking. It's a very smart comedy.

United 93 and The Boondock Saints coming domani.

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I think I may rent it...I got a coupon in the mail today for a $1.99 rental from Blockbuster. Besides, doesn't seem like there's anything else good to rent out there right now.

Thank You for Not Smoking does not seem like my idea of a good movie Jim. Seems like it's an old people movie....:oops :lol

FOR Smoking....does that sound better?

Your going to throw away your $1.99, but don't say that I did not tell you so.

Jimcs50
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=DisgruntledLionFan#54,927]I really liked Thank You For Smoking. It's a very smart comedy.

QUOTE]

See?????

:smokin

CharlieMac
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I didn't think I wanted to watch a couple fight on screen for two hours. I was right. That movie kind of sucked.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm used to seeomg this kind of trash from Anniston, but Vaughn is better than that

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 07:42 PM
FOR Smoking....does that sound better?

Your going to throw away your $1.99, but don't say that I did not tell you so.

:lol $1.99?? Shoot, in Philly Blockbuster rentals cost you $4.59.

BTW, I took your advice and decided not to rent it tonight. I rented ShopGirl instead with Steve Martin and Claire Danes, I'm about to watch it in a little bit. It better be good!! Anyone else see this one?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
ShopGirl made me want to carve out my eyeballs with a spoon and pull out my fingernails, one by one. This movie was shallow; retarded plot, banal dialogue and no attempt at develeping any depth to the characters. I give it my lowest rating: a Matt Millen.

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 09:22 PM
ShopGirl made me want to carve out my eyeballs with a spoon and pull out my fingernails, one by one. This movie was shallow; retarded plot, banal dialogue and no attempt at develeping any depth to the characters. I give it my lowest rating: a Matt Millen.

Damn, you're right. I finished watching the entire movie in a half hour...I forwarded almost the entire thing. WTF...and this was based on the best selling book by Steve Martin himself? See, this is why celebrities should not even attempt to write books.

Would have been better off with The Breakup...or even Thank You for Not Smoking...:(