PDA

View Full Version : For You Parents Out There

10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
If you remember, I got to play single dad over the weekend. Well, they boy decided to get a raging case of the shits ofter the wife leaves and it turns out (after a Dr. visit) that he has something called a "rotovirus".

Don't really know what all that means, but my question is, do I need a HazMat permit and shipping manifest to a level III landfill to dispose of the toxic waste the kid keeps loading in his diaper?

I've smelled a lot of nasty things in my day; cleaning quail, gut shot deer, sharing a tent in the field with a buddy who ate borracho beans and drank light beer all day, but nothing compares with the wad of kryptonite that boy produces...

ObiwanGinobili
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
you are far far far from us right?

'cause I've heard of rotovirus and I would like to avoid it. Stay where you are!
My kids have had 3 runny noses and 1 round of the stomach flu between the two of them. thats it.
We dont; need to start in on funky named demon virus's.

10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
you are far far far from us right?

'cause I've heard of rotovirus and I would like to avoid it. Stay where you are!
My kids have had 3 runny noses and 1 round of the stomach flu between the two of them. thats it.
We dont; need to start in on funky named demon virus's.

Just wait chiquitita, you'll get yours soon enough.

I'll be sure to ask the LBHG what the concoction was the Dr. told her to use to get rid of the red baboon ass. Some kind of mix of Monistat and something else. Cleared it up in no time and I didn't have the boy walking around ripping is britches off every time I changed him.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 01:54 PM
My nephew had roto, it turned out to be pretty damn scary and involved a trip to the ER.

sa_butta
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Someone explain to me what the hell this is? Is it going around?

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Someone explain to me what the hell this is? Is it going around?

It's a virus that young children can get, I'm not sure if adults get it but it sounds rare for an adult to get it. It's always going around for children though.

It's basically just severe and constant duking and can lead to severe dehydration as was the case with my nephew. It was pretty fucked up when he got it because he was still a baby and he actually started turning blue when we called 911, they had to come and put the oxygen and all that shit on him. I think the saddest I've ever been in my life was watching that happen.

10-18-2006, 01:59 PM
The way the wife explained it to me, it's only something that little kids get and consists of a bad case of the green apple quick step with a little vomiting thrown in for good measure. Older kids and grown ups don't get it.

Not a damn thing you can do about it but let it run its course (10-14 days).

Dehydration is the big thing, luckily this hasn't been the boys problem.

sa_butta
10-18-2006, 02:00 PM
It's a virus that young children can get, I'm not sure if adults get it but it sounds rare for an adult to get it. It's always going around for children though.

It's basically just severe and constant duking and can lead to severe dehydration as was the case with my nephew. It was pretty fucked up when he got it because he was still a baby and he actually started turning blue when we called 911, they had to come and put the oxygen and all that shit on him. I think the saddest I've ever been in my life was watching that happen.I have a 2 year old daughter.

sa_butta
10-18-2006, 02:01 PM
The way the wife explained it to me, it's only something that little kids get and consists of a bad case of the green apple quick step with a little vomiting thrown in for good measure. Older kids and grown ups don't get it.

Not a damn thing you can do about it but let it run its course (10-14 days).

Dehydration is the big thing, luckily this hasn't been the boys problem.So there is no medicine, maybe just some pedialite or something?

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
So there is no medicine, maybe just some pedialite or something?

Correct. That and lots of rest.

10-18-2006, 02:03 PM
So there is no medicine, maybe just some pedialite or something?

You got it, plenty of Pedialyte and water. Also they said feed them only "bland" type foods.

My big recommendation; get a full face air supplied gas mask or SCUBA gear when you have to change them. Trust me, you catch one whiff of it and you will always know when your kid has it.

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
How do you think Roto Rooter got its name?

(Actually, it's called rotavirus.)

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 02:32 PM
From the CDC. Apparently there's a new vaccine for it:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/rotavirus.htm

Clinical features: Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among children, resulting in the hospitalization of approximately 55,000 children each year in the United States and the death of over 600,000 children annually worldwide. The incubation period for rotavirus disease is approximately 2 days. The disease is characterized by vomiting and watery diarrhea for 3 - 8 days, and fever and abdominal pain occur frequently. Immunity after infection is incomplete, but repeat infections tend to be less severe than the original infection.

Treatment: For persons with healthy immune systems, rotavirus gastroenteritis is a self-limited illness, lasting for only a few days. Treatment is nonspecific and consists of oral rehydration therapy to prevent dehydration. About one in 40 children with rotavirus gastroenteritis will require hospitalization for intravenous fluids.

Prevention: FDA News - In a report issued February 3rd, 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a live, oral vaccine (RotaTeq™) for use in children. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted to recommend a newly licensed vaccine to protect against rotavirus.

10-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Rotavirus, rotovirus...I've heard it both ways.

CubanMustGo
10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotovirus

Rotaviruses are a genus of viruses belonging to the Reoviridae family. Seven major groups have been identified, three of which (groups A, B, and C) infect humans, with group A being the most common and widespread one. They cause vomiting and diarrhea and are the most common cause of severe diarrhea in children, killing about 600,000 children every year in developing countries (as of 2005). New vaccines have been shown to be safe and effective in 2006.

sa_butta
10-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Funny they call it ROTO, and it gives you the shits.
Thinking of rotorooter.

Kevin Trudeau
10-18-2006, 03:01 PM
All prescription and non-prescription drugs and vaccines cause sickness and disease. Be careful and stay away from them.

You must get a complete full body cleanse, stay away from tap water and only eat only organic if you want to stay healthy, among other things listed in my book.

Of course, these are thing they don't want you to know about.