PDA

View Full Version : Gulf War 2 Vet Dismembers/Cooks Girlfriend

Nbadan
10-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Man dismembers girlfriend in Quarter; cooks body parts

A suicide note in the pocket of a man who jumped off the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel late Tuesday led police to the grisly scene of his girlfriend’s murder, where they found her charred head in a pot on the stove, her legs and feet baked in the oven and the rest of her dismembered body in trash bag in the refrigerator, according to police and the couple’s landlord.

The man, Zackery Bowen, a tall man in his mid 20s with long blond hair, claimed in the note to have killed his girlfriend, Adrian “Addie” Hall, on Oct. 5, according to police. Hall was also in her mid 20s.

In the five-page note, Bowen claimed he strangled Hall in the bathtub, then dismembered her body before taking it in pieces to the kitchen, police said. An autopsy conducted today shows that Hall was in fact manually strangled, police said. It also appears that Hall’s body was cut up after she died, police said.

“He appeared to clean up the bathroom a lot after he did it,” one officer said.

Police found the victim’s head burned beyond recognition in a pot on top of the stove, and her legs and feet in the same condition in pans inside the oven, police said.

Bowen was from Los Angeles, but apparently had lived in the New Orleans area for quite a while, police said. Friends said he served in the military in Iraq and Afghanistan and displayed both pride and bitterness over that experience.

NOLA (http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpupdates/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tpupdates/archives/2006_10_18.html#195997)

We can expect to hear plenty more stories like this when more veterans come home. Sometimes, you can't escape the horror in your mind.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM

NOLA (http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpupdates/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tpupdates/archives/2006_10_18.html#195997)

We can expect to hear plenty more stories like this when more veterans come home. Sometimes, you can't escape the horror in your mind.

So cooking another human being is a direct result of serving time in the military in Iraq huh? God, you just continue to get dumber.

Nbadan
10-18-2006, 04:26 PM
So cooking another human being is a direct result of serving time in the military in Iraq huh? God, you just continue to get dumber.

Because, cooking your girlfriend is something you could learn at home?

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Because, cooking your girlfriend is something you could learn at home?

You see Dan, I know our military is going around Iraq and dismembering human beings and it seems like I'm constantly seeing story after story regarding the cooking of innocent civilians by Islamic extremists. :rolleyes

Could it be that this guy was just whacked out of his fucking mind?

CommanderMcBragg
10-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Casualties of War. If you don't think war leaves you with some horrible memories you haven't been in war.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Casualties of War. If you don't think war leaves you with some horrible memories you haven't been in war.

Are you implying that I don't think war leaves one with some horrible memories?

xrayzebra
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Dan, are you the results of too much liberalism? I would guess so.

CommanderMcBragg
10-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Are you implying that I don't think war leaves one with some horrible memories?

No, but that war changes a person permanantly and you cannot dismiss it as a possible reason for this man's actions. That is all.

Not to put the blame on the war but rather as a fact that cannot be denied. It is always much easier to support a war when one does not see the effects first hand.

johnsmith
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
No, but that war changes a person permanantly and you cannot dismiss it as a possible reason for this man's actions. That is all.

Not to put the blame on the war but rather as a fact that cannot be denied. It is always much easier to support a war when one does not see the effects first hand.

No, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you on this one. I have a father that served in Vietnam and he still to this day talks about things he saw and has told me on several occassions about the nightmares he's had regarding the war. Having said that, one still has to be totally fucked in the head in order to do something such as what this guy has done, it's not just Iraq's fault. If it was Iraq's fault (and you know what I mean when I say "Iraq's fault") then every soldier would come home and have girlfriend stew with a limb as an appetizer.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I think it can trigger something that has been there all along but in all honesty we'll never know.

Nbadan
10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
What we do know is the DOD doesn't consider PTSD to be a high priority issue, or else they wouldn't cut funding, so guys like this likely slip through the cracks.

turambar85
10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
No, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you on this one. I have a father that served in Vietnam and he still to this day talks about things he saw and has told me on several occassions about the nightmares he's had regarding the war. Having said that, one still has to be totally fucked in the head in order to do something such as what this guy has done, it's not just Iraq's fault. If it was Iraq's fault (and you know what I mean when I say "Iraq's fault") then every soldier would come home and have girlfriend stew with a limb as an appetizer.

John, that last sentence was damn-well goofy. Think about that for one second..."if it were Iraqs fault, every soldierwould come home and have girlfriend stew with a limb as an appetizer." So, what this amounts to is that if some certain situation affects you negatively then it must affect everybody in the same manner, or it affects noone at all.

War fucks with you, and, just like everything in life, everybody has different experiences there, and everybody responds to these different experiences differently. Some soldiers will have knowingly killed civilians, perhaps children. Some soldiers will have just killed jackass murdering terrorists. Some soldiers will suffer terribly for these killings, some will not. For instance, my fiancee freaks out and cries if she kills an opossum, whereas I just get a touch upset when I see it suffering, half alive.

You absolutely cannot say that people must all react in the same manner to a specific stumuli, especially is said stimuli varies between the specific soldiers involved.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-18-2006, 06:42 PM

This is low, even for you. Ass.

turambar85
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
This is low, even for you. Ass.

What do you mean by low? Is his statement low because it insults U.S troops? Well, it doesn't. It is no slap to the face of our brave men and women to say that war will mess with their minds because it is a proven fact. Other Iraqi veterens have killed themselves after coming home because they couldn't cope with what they had to do and what they have to see.

Is it low because it is putting down the U.S military? No. Sure the way we put soldiers through what is, in essence, a de-sensitivity training can lead to worse mental anguish and explosions when they get home, simply because bottled up feelings have a habit of fermenting, but Dan didn't say that they were wrong for this, and it can even be argued that it saves soldier suicides while in the combat zone.

Perhaps his wording wasn't too soft, but being politically correct is what everybody bitches about the liberals doing anyway. Somebody wants to eat their cake it seems.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-18-2006, 08:47 PM
His statement is low because he says that he expects shit like this to happen more often as Vets return.

Look, I know you're a liberal, and a stupid one at that, but fuck. How hard is it to read a comment from Dan where he's nonchalantly stating that more servicemen will return from the war and chop up their wives/girlfriends and not realize what a pathetic person he is?

It's not about his wording, it's about his bullshit insinuations and expectations. This was a sad and tragic situation, and personally I think anyone trying to play politics with a situation like this is a piece of shit human being.

How's that for being non-PC?

BIG IRISH
10-18-2006, 08:55 PM
RE:Addie Hall and Zackery Bowen

True-nothing new here, i Remember my grandmothers uncle and his "Mustard gas from WWI.

Could it be that this guy was just whacked out of his fucking mind?
You bet and lets take a look at what it might have been.

During Katrina, Some holdouts seem intent on keeping alive the distinct and wild spirit of this city. In the French Quarter, Addie Hall and Zackery Bowen found a unusual way to make sure that police officers regularly patrolled their house. Ms. Hall, 28, a bartender, flashed her breasts at the police vehicles that passed by, ensuring a regular flow of traffic....
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09holdouts.html?ex=1283918400&en=815bac00fd8dde68&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

[QUOTE=turambar85].

War fucks with you, and, just like everything in life, everybody has different experiences there, and everybody responds to these different experiences differently.[/unquote]

Not only WAR

full story and links on Drudge report:http://drudgereport.com/

AHF, give Dan a break

turambar85
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
His statement is low because he says that he expects shit like this to happen more often as Vets return.

Look, I know you're a liberal, and a stupid one at that, but fuck. How hard is it to read a comment from Dan where he's nonchalantly stating that more servicemen will return from the war and chop up their wives/girlfriends and not realize what a pathetic person he is?

It's not about his wording, it's about his bullshit insinuations and expectations. This was a sad and tragic situation, and personally I think anyone trying to play politics with a situation like this is a piece of shit human being.

How's that for being non-PC?

1. Anybody with any sanity expects more things like this to happen as they come home. If it happens to some, and the more come home, it will happen more often. Simple reasoning.

2. Jesus jumping Christ you are so ignorant it is not even funny. I am NOT a liberal, and I definetely would not be considered a stupid one even if I were. (I am assuming that by that you meant strict boutons-esque party line adherent.) I am a libertarian who has liberal social views, and strictly conservative economic views. A.K.A, a pure libertarian. If Hillary runs I will not vote democrat in 08. And if McCain runs, I will def. vote republican. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it your ignorant piece of trash.

And for some future advice, never say "I know" if you really don't, you look foolish."

3. It is not playing politics to mention how this will likely happen. Not when I say it anyway. It is remarking about a sad, and inevitable aspect of war. Sure it could be used politically I guess, but anything you say could. I could say that I wish 9-11 hadn't happened, but who am I backing, Bush or Clinton? They both fucked up. Liberals go to war, conservatives go to war. The lies behind the Iraq war are not in question right now, I am simply remarking about the sad truth behind what lies in wait for these brave soldiers when they come home. The demons will be there.

Good God I am sick of partisan hackery in this message board, in my family, and in the world in general. It's pathetic, dissapointing, and depressing. Grow up, get educated, and learn how to think rationally.

I do not take kindly to be affiliated, even in the words of a jackass such as yourself, with either party. This will be the standard response each time it happens.

Nbadan
10-18-2006, 11:33 PM
1. Anybody with any sanity expects more things like this to happen as they come home. If it happens to some, and the more come home, it will happen more often. Simple reasoning.

2. Jesus jumping Christ you are so ignorant it is not even funny. I am NOT a liberal, and I definetely would not be considered a stupid one even if I were. (I am assuming that by that you meant strict boutons-esque party line adherent.) I am a libertarian who has liberal social views, and strictly conservative economic views. A.K.A, a pure libertarian. If Hillary runs I will not vote democrat in 08. And if McCain runs, I will def. vote republican. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it your ignorant piece of trash.

And for some future advice, never say "I know" if you really don't, you look foolish."

3. It is not playing politics to mention how this will likely happen. Not when I say it anyway. It is remarking about a sad, and inevitable aspect of war. Sure it could be used politically I guess, but anything you say could. I could say that I wish 9-11 hadn't happened, but who am I backing, Bush or Clinton? They both fucked up. Liberals go to war, conservatives go to war. The lies behind the Iraq war are not in question right now, I am simply remarking about the sad truth behind what lies in wait for these brave soldiers when they come home. The demons will be there.

Good God I am sick of partisan hackery in this message board, in my family, and in the world in general. It's pathetic, dissapointing, and depressing. Grow up, get educated, and learn how to think rationally.

I do not take kindly to be affiliated, even in the words of a jackass such as yourself, with either party. This will be the standard response each time it happens.

Fucken Forum Post of the month. Nice.

:toast

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 07:54 AM

Cracks me up that everyone on here seems to hit a snapping point in their posts and eventually comes back to the "fuck everyone in politics" take. I've hit that point several times. Just goes to show you that unless you're Boutons or Yoni, it's damn near impossible to try and defend all the fuckwads all the time.

Oh, and Dan, you're still an idiot.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 07:55 AM

I just realized why Dan's comment here bothered me so much and I think it's the same for the others that it bothered. It's because Dan's posts come off like Eric Cartman pretending to care. They seem so insincere just to get a reaction out of people. Plus he's fat.

DarkReign
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM

My uncle(s) served in Vietnam. One is pretty darn normal, the other is whack job with no knives in the house.

The "normal" never talks about the war. My father clued us in when we were little though, he was a sniper.

The "whacko" was special ops. My mother and grandmother told me stories when he back from war. The nightmares, the emtional moments where he would be crying like a 3 year old screaming about atrocities that he himself commited.

Frightening shit for anyone with a modicum of compassion.

Crookshanks
10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
This is just another excuse for people's bad behavior. "It's not my fault because (fill in the blank)." We all have a conscience and know right from wrong. This guy was pissed because his girlfriend was breaking up with him and kicking him out - so he exacted his revenge. The fact that he then committed suicide shows that he knew he had committed a horrendous act, and he didn't want to face the consequences. At least the taxpayers won't have to pay for a trial!

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
This is just another excuse for people's bad behavior. "It's not my fault because (fill in the blank)." We all have a conscience and know right from wrong. This guy was pissed because his girlfriend was breaking up with him and kicking him out - so he exacted his revenge. The fact that he then committed suicide shows that he knew he had committed a horrendous act, and he didn't want to face the consequences. At least the taxpayers won't have to pay for a trial!

I like it Crookshanks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I am NOT a liberal,

Every post you have made on this forum has been liberal in nature. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Over 200,000 of our military have rotated through Iraq. One person kills like this, and suddenly dumbasses like you and Dan expect it to be happening all the fucking time.

That's what pathetic, and even moreso is to make it political in nature.

I've got 4 co-workers who fought in Iraq. Three are married and one has a finacee. I guess I should tell them all this weekend that they need to leave their husbands while there's still time :rolleyes

You're as partisaned and do as much hacking, look in the fucking mirror.

It is not playing politics to mention how this will likely happen. Not when I say it anyway.

Good for you. My original criticism was aimed at NBAdick. If you don't want to be associated with his political hacks, don't defend him. If you do, don't get your panties in a bunch when I associate you with him. Pretty damn simple.

turambar85
10-19-2006, 12:48 PM

The way you make it sounds almost makes it sound as if the war, and the toll war exacts on the individuals involved, had no role in his actions. If this guy was psychotic beforehand, would he had survived basic training, would he have survived being woken up before day-break by a pissy ass drill seargent every single day to run for miles, and get screamed at because he tucked his covers in wrong? Would this raving lunatic have made it through a war-zone without committing insane atrocities? I think not!

Sure he killed himself afterewards, but first I would like to say that it is downright foolish to state that the reason must be that he knew what he did was wrong. I have heard of tons of suicide cases, and known a few suicidal people, and very few want to kill themselves because they did something wrong, it is because they are emotionally and mentally shot, and they don't think the pain will go away. The guy was disturbed enough to cook his girlfriend, that is not plain and simple anger over a breakup. Punching her would be anger, maybe accidentally killing her in anger would be anger. But dismembering and cooking her is a sick, sick man. A sick man who could not have survived serving time in the military, nor made it through everything it takes to make it that far.

Whatever happened to support our troops? Do you remember Haditha? Conservatives freaked out because some left wingers were wanting trials for the soldiers, that they think that what they did was wrong, yet people who support the war, and I am assuming yourself, say that this is wrong, that we must support our troops, and that these brave young men and women simply had their hands forced through circumstances of war. Hmm, sounds fishy, who really supports the troops now? By your logic, nobody.

The soldiers who assisted in the Haditha are defended by, as I said, people saying that war made them do what they did, that it makes you act differently than you normally would. However, this young man comes home from the very same war, and you blame him for everything, you say that it is an inherent sickness within the man himself. Play by the same damn rules that you set forth. If we must always assume that the soldiers are doing what they do because of what war does to them, we always assume that. However, if we want to assume that they always have complete control, then I can sure as hell bitch about Haditha and demand a sentence as you could have demanded about this guy had he not killed himself as well.

The end.

turambar85
10-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Every post you have made on this forum has been liberal in nature. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Over 200,000 of our military have rotated through Iraq. One person kills like this, and suddenly dumbasses like you and Dan expect it to be happening all the fucking time.

That's what pathetic, and even moreso is to make it political in nature.

I've got 4 co-workers who fought in Iraq. Three are married and one has a finacee. I guess I should tell them all this weekend that they need to leave their husbands while there's still time :rolleyes

You're as partisaned and do as much hacking, look in the fucking mirror.

Good for you. My original criticism was aimed at NBAdick. If you don't want to be associated with his political hacks, don't defend him. If you do, don't get your panties in a bunch when I associate you with him. Pretty damn simple.

1. Again, economic conservative and social liberal. Any topic in which welfare or government handouts are in question, hear me champion the conservative cause. I am a Libertarian, learn the difference.

2. One has actually cooked his girlfriend. Wow, lets play our hands this close to the chest why don't we. Others have killed themselves, untold numbers suffer from ptss, and others may do the same. It is having pity on them, not trying to get somebody elected.

3. Oh My God, you are dumber than I thought. You do not even know what partisan hackery is! To be a partisan hack you must support a party no matter what, and generally speaking, you must speak negatively of the opposing party at all times. To simply have views that correspond with a specific parties views is not to be a partisan hack. I actually feel sorry for you if this is the depth of your intellectual abilities. I can not be a partisan hack if I won't even vote democratic in the presidential elections unless Hillary and Mccain both don't run.

Come on, bring something real to the table.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
1. Again, economic conservative and social liberal. Any topic in which welfare or government handouts are in question, hear me champion the conservative cause. I am a Libertarian, learn the difference.

2. One has actually cooked his girlfriend. Wow, lets play our hands this close to the chest why don't we. Others have killed themselves, untold numbers suffer from ptss, and others may do the same. It is having pity on them, not trying to get somebody elected.

3. Oh My God, you are dumber than I thought. You do not even know what partisan hackery is! To be a partisan hack you must support a party no matter what, and generally speaking, you must speak negatively of the opposing party at all times. To simply have views that correspond with a specific parties views is not to be a partisan hack. I actually feel sorry for you if this is the depth of your intellectual abilities. I can not be a partisan hack if I won't even vote democratic in the presidential elections unless Hillary and Mccain both don't run.

Come on, bring something real to the table.

Allow me to just chime in once again on the original post, "sometimes (as he looks down and shakes his head with his eyes closed) you can't escape the horror in your mind"..................so you cook your fucking girlfriend? :dizzy

Crookshanks
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Bowen was from Los Angeles

There's the root of his problem right there! :blah

turambar85
10-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Allow me to just chime in once again on the original post, "sometimes (as he looks down and shakes his head with his eyes closed) you can't escape the horror in your mind"..................so you cook your fucking girlfriend? :dizzy

LOL, funny. But no. That quote was explaining why they are disturbed when they get home, but everybody has different experiences, and everybody handles them differently. Some people will go to the DMV, wait in line with a smile, and leave with what they came to get, though this is rare, undocumented, and a complete assumption on my part. :lol However, others will go, scream and curse and the ignorant assholes behind the counter, mutter something about killing their dog, kick down the velvet rope, and storm out after 3 1/2 hours of waiting. It affects all of us differently, but the 2nd person would not have screamed unless he/she were forced to suffer the DMV. If they sat at home they would be fine. We are all wired differently.

I am in no way saying that this will be a common occurance, nor will any serious reactin upon re-entering society. But they will happen, and it will be, in part, because of what they went through overseas. Again, if you claim to support the troops, actually do so and don't assume they are just naturally sick freaks rather than suffering people disturbed by their experiences, who just happen to not respond well to them.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL, funny. But no. That quote was explaining why they are disturbed when they get home, but everybody has different experiences, and everybody handles them differently. Some people will go to the DMV, wait in line with a smile, and leave with what they came to get, though this is rare, undocumented, and a complete assumption on my part. :lol However, others will go, scream and curse and the ignorant assholes behind the counter, mutter something about killing their dog, kick down the velvet rope, and storm out after 3 1/2 hours of waiting. It affects all of us differently, but the 2nd person would not have screamed unless he/she were forced to suffer the DMV. If they sat at home they would be fine. We are all wired differently.

I am in no way saying that this will be a common occurance, nor will any serious reactin upon re-entering society. But they will happen, and it will be, in part, because of what they went through overseas. Again, if you claim to support the troops, actually do so and don't assume they are just naturally sick freaks rather than suffering people disturbed by their experiences, who just happen to not respond well to them.

Yeah, but try and sit there and tell me that you honestly can't picture Cartman saying the same thing that Dan said to describe this.

turambar85
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but try and sit there and tell me that you honestly can't picture Cartman saying the same thing that Dan said to describe this.

I probably wouldn't do that as I do not like to put myself in losing situations. lol

But as poorly as Dan may have phrased what he said, or as bad as his track record may be in many of these posters eyes, his comment was still terribly misconstrued and overly dramatized.

Nbadan
10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
At least singer Darryl Worley cares about the troops...

US country-music singer casts somber light on war

WASHINGTON, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Darryl Worley rallied U.S. country music fans before the Iraq invasion with "Have You Forgotten?" a No. 1 hit that recalled the Sept. 11 attacks and issued an angry challenge to war critics.

Now, with Iraq a major issue in next months congressional elections, Worley is back on the charts with a new song, inspired by an Iraq veteran, that tells a quite different story.

It is a tale of a soldier's struggle to adjust to life back home from a difficult war. "I just came back / from a place where they hated me / and everything I stand for," Worley sings in "I Just Came Back (From a War)."

Worley is emphatic that the song is not political. But its downbeat sentiment echoes what polls say are growing doubts over the Iraq war in rural America -- a stronghold of country music, Bush conservatism and military patriotism.

"I just think the heart of America is like, 'hey we support the troops, but it's time to get out of there and bring the guys and gals home,'" said Philip Gibbons, assistant program director at radio station WGSQ, "The Country Giant" in Cookeville, Tennessee.

Reuters (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=N19368216&WTmodLoc=World-R5-Alertnet-5)

Nbadan
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
We are putting guns, automatic weapons, into the hands of US troops in Iraq that we wouldn't let operate a motor vehicle here at home...

CBS News) Army Staff Sgt. Bryce Syverson spent 15 months in Iraq before he was diagnosed by military doctors with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and sent to the psychiatric unit at Walter Reed Medical Center, CBS News correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi reports.

"It ended up they just took his weapon away from him and said he was non-deployable and couldn't have a weapon," says his father, Larry Syverson. "He was on suicide watch in a lockdown."

That was last August. This August, he was deployed to Ramadi, in the heart of the Sunni triangle -- and he had a weapon. He's still there. Under pressure to maintain troop levels, military doctors tell CBS News it's become a "common practice" to recycle soldiers with mental disorders back into combat.

CBS News (http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_292222927.html)

Nothing to see here according to John Smith folks, move along...

RandomGuy
10-20-2006, 09:29 AM

Time in combat is dehumanizing and desensitizes people to violence.

Kerry said as much when he testified before congress after his tour in Vietnam, and it is as true today as it ever has been in the history of warfare.

This is NOT to say that everybody comes out of the military being a pyschopath.

It DOES mean that it increases one's own tendencies towards violence, if that streak is already there.

There is a subtle difference.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Time in combat is dehumanizing and desensitizes people to violence.

Kerry said as much when he testified before congress after his tour in Vietnam, and it is as true today as it ever has been in the history of warfare.

This is NOT to say that everybody comes out of the military being a pyschopath.

It DOES mean that it increases one's own tendencies towards violence, if that streak is already there.

There is a subtle difference.

Yeah I agree, but still, COOKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND?

RandomGuy
10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah I agree, but still, COOKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND?

I don't think it is clear from the report that he was cooking or merely attempting to burn the body in a spectacularly dumb way.

I think it just said that the burnt head was on the stove. Hard to guess the intention there.

Either way:
Ick. :stirpot:

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Police found the victim’s head burned beyond recognition in a pot on top of the stove, and her legs and feet in the same condition in pans inside the oven, police said.

The more I think about this, the more disgusting it seems. :hungry:

RandomGuy
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
The more I think about this, the more disgusting it seems. :hungry:
Aw man, I was hoping that no one would use that smiley.... :vomit:

Nbadan
10-21-2006, 12:14 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ld_bowen_murder_061020_sp.jpg

By MARCUS BARAM

Oct. 20, 2006 — - New Orleans is still reeling from news this week that a bartender reportedly strangled his girlfriend, dismembered her body, and cooked some of the body parts on his stove before jumping to his death.

Now, it turns out, he was an Iraq war hero.

That's just one of the tragic ironies and mysteries of the suspected murder-suicide that has shaken residents of Crescent City.

Police said the mystery began on Tuesday when the body of Zachary Bowen, 28, was found on top of a parking garage.

A suicide note in his right, front pocket led cops to a grisly crime scene at his apartment in the French Quarter.

According to news reports, two pots were sitting on the stove, one containing a woman's head and another holding her hands and feet. Police believe the body parts belong to Bowen's girlfriend, Addie Hall.

In the oven, detectives reportedly found turkey-basting trays containing legs and arms sprinkled with seasoning.

ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2590814&page=1)

Clandestino
10-21-2006, 05:05 PM
i think he watched silence of the lambs one too many times