PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber leaning toward Retirement??

sa_butta
10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) do not want to think about life without their all-time leading rusher. But they may have to sooner than expected...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2630407

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-18-2006, 08:03 PM
I heard that on ESPN. When asked if there was anything that could change his mind he said more than likely no.

samikeyp
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
He would be getting out of the game relatively healthy...not a bad idea.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Great, maybe now he'll score some fucking TDs.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Sounds like you have him on your fantasy team. :) If he wants to score, he'd better do it from outside the five while he has the chance. Aren't they putting Jacobs in on goal line situations? Fat lot of good it's done them.

Horry For 3!
10-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Brandon Jacobs :tu

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-19-2006, 01:40 AM
He has a future in broadcasting, he presents himself well

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 03:35 AM
TD had a degenerative knee condition, and will probably walk with a limp and severe pain for the rest of his life. Tiki isn't real excited about that prospect. The only thing that should keep him in the game is that he's a couple of good seasons from being a hall of famer.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 03:36 AM
I just got this. You're implying he made the statement to get Coughlin to actually let him score. Very possible.

johngateswhiteley
10-19-2006, 04:01 AM
i am actually impressed. you give all you can to your teammates, while you can, then you have to take care of yourself.

johnsmith
10-19-2006, 07:34 AM
i am actually impressed. you give all you can to your teammates, while you can, then you have to take care of yourself.

I agree, plus if you've ever watched him on "Fox and Friends" early mornings you'd see that he's probably even better as a news anchor then he is a football player, and he's a pretty damn good football player. I don't know how some people don't like Barber, well, other then the fact that I thought he was gay for the longest time.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree, plus if you've ever watched him on "Fox and Friends" early mornings you'd see that he's probably even better as a news anchor then he is a football player, and he's a pretty damn good football player. I don't know how some people don't like Barber, well, other then the fact that I thought he was gay for the longest time.
As a Florida State and Dallas Cowboys fan, there's probably no single guy I should like less than Tiki, and I just can't bring myself to hate him.