PDA

View Full Version : Chris Duel and NAScar Dad get it

Nbadan
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/1870/magnacartarip3smwebne2.jpg

I have to admit, I never thought Chris Duel had it in him to take on a real world issue without the usual AM conservative radio glossing over as just some liberal conspiracy theory...(a.k.a. Jack Racarrdi, what a numbskull).

On his radio show today, while the Thompson brothers debated such in-depth topics as the 'noncredibility' of the threat to NFL games this weekend on the 'other' station, Duel was on fire about the signing of the Military Commissions act. One lady even called the show and gave the usual scare line 'you can't enjoy your liberties if your dead'.

:lol

Duel's guest reminded the lady that it was one of our most cherished founding fathers, Patrick Henry, who facing a firing squad for dare speaking out against an oppressive government publicly stated, 'Give me liberty or give me death', those great words have never ment more, never beared such as burden as they do today.

The very bed-rock our nation was founded on, justice, liberty, and the rights under habeus corpus are under attack, only its not Al-Queda or Bin Laden who are taking these rights from us, slowly eroding our constitution, its our own government.

I don't have a audio tape of Duel's show today, but NasCar Dad gets it

The Reluctant Redneck Responds to Olbermann (http://www.truthstream.org/?p=309)

Nbadan
10-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Here is the Olberman video from today:

Olberman gets it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaXWRNNGpY)

RandomGuy
10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Olberman for president. It is refreshing to see a talking head that can think for himself.

Mr. Peabody
10-19-2006, 10:05 AM
What's up with Olbermann? I never really liked his show, but the guy has been on fire lately.

boutons_
10-19-2006, 10:17 AM
agreed, Olbermann is hot right now, and the sheeple agree, giving him high Nielsen's vs the Fox rabble rousers and demagogues. I wish he'd get away from the faux-serious black suits. That's Fox's cheap trick. :)

Glen Beck on CNN sometimes finds a nut, even a few nuts, but his style is too fucking adolescent, bombastic, over-the-top. He has pro wrestling fakiness about his style.

Commercial TV content is essentially unwatchable by intelligent people, and TV ads make it excrutiating. Anybody who watches TV and doesn't feel any twinges of reflexive revulsion at the content and ads has been dumbed down into the Perfect American Consumer to be chewed up by the The Great American Dream Machine as it searches for every last $ in your pocket. :lol

Mr. Peabody
10-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Commercial TV content is essentially unwatchable by intelligent people, and TV ads make it excrutiating. Anybody who watches TV and doesn't feel any twinges of reflexive revulsion at the content and ads has been dumbed down into the Perfect American Consumer to be chewed up by the The Great American Dream Machine as it searches for every last $ in your pocket. :lol

So essentially you represent the "intelligent people" and can speak knowingly about their viewing choices?

C'mon boutons, do you know how arrogant your statement makes you sound?

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Gosh if citing Patrick Henry is demonstrable proof that someone "gets it," I feel vindicated:

FWD Gets It (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1218607&postcount=222)

:elephant

:fro

(where's that kluby when you need it?)

boutons_
10-19-2006, 11:08 AM
"arrogant"

facts is facts. Some people, most them, are just damn stupid. And TV panders to the greatest possible number of sellable, gullible eye-balls, and it's mostly vacant property behind them eyeballs.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
In his spare time, boutons makes occasional appearances as a disgruntled executive producer of a fictitious late night comedy show who undertakes Network-like rants about the stupidity of the American television viewing public and the willingness of networks to pander to them.

Where I've heard this before (http://youtube.com/watch?v=K79OHbSMWQI&mode=related&search=studio%2060)

RandomGuy
10-19-2006, 11:47 AM
What's up with Olbermann? I never really liked his show, but the guy has been on fire lately.
My wife and I almost never watch any of that crap, but this guy has consistantly actually said some intelligent things. Not always stuff I agree with, to be sure, but damn, he has made some really good points.
:toast

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I would just like to give Dan a big smack upside the head for causing my browser to crash with whatever the hell was behind that link.

PixelPusher
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
My wife and I almost never watch any of that crap, but this guy has consistantly actually said some intelligent things. Not always stuff I agree with, to be sure, but damn, he has made some really good points.
:toast

I think he's gone to the "Special Comment" well a few times too often, but it's nice to see someone take the gloves off when parsing through the Bush Administration's bullshit.

mikejones99
10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Tom Leykis is the best in Media

JoeChalupa
10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I heard Chris's show last night and was glad to hear his view on things. He's voted Republican but is starting to see the truth!!

xrayzebra
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM

Oh pooh, guess I cant watch the baseball playoff tonight. I was kinda
rooting for the Mets. Would someone please tell me who won? :clap