PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller's Injury Worse Than Expected

boutons
10-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Looks like a certain ex-Spur SG is gonna being see a lot of PT before Santa comes.

================================

Reggie Miller's Injury Worse Than Expected
By REUTERS

Filed at 5:46 p.m. ET

INDIANAPOLIS (Sports Network) - Indiana Pacers guard Reggie Miller received bad news on Saturday as he is now expected to miss six-to-eight weeks due to a broken hand.

Miller suffered a broken bone in his left hand in the first quarter of a 98-79 loss to Denver on Friday night at Conseco Fieldhouse. However, the initial estimate was a four-to-six week recovery, before Miller was re-examined Saturday.

The Pacers will open the regular season missing three starters. Center Jeff Foster is out at least six more weeks after undergoing right hip surgery, and power forward Jermaine O'Neal said Friday he expects to begin the year on the injured list because of the slow recovery of his injured left foot.

The 6'7'' Miller was selected by the Pacers with the 11th overall pick in the 1987 draft. He holds the NBA record for most three-point field goals made with 2,330.

In 80 games last season, Miller averaged 10.0 points and 3.1 assists. In 17 seasons with the Pacers, Miller owns career averages of 18.4 points and 3.0 assists.

Indiana wrapped up the preseason with a 6-2 record. The franchise best is 6-1 set in 1997-98 and 1980-81.

The Pacers open the regular season in Cleveland on Wednesday night.

Copyright 2004, The Sports Network

ducks
10-30-2004, 08:12 PM
jackson will try to shine to keep the starting job when miller comes back

RobinsontoDuncan
10-30-2004, 09:59 PM
he ought to have it now, miller should be a spark off the bench

ducks
10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
miller stilll is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jackson
miller has proven he is mr clutch

1Parker1
10-31-2004, 10:29 AM
This sucks, I love reggie miller, he is my favorite non-spurs player. I hope he recovers fast, I think even at 39, he should be a starter on that team. Jackson will still provide a great energy/spark off the bench.