PDA

View Full Version : Trade which Spur for Amare

Fabbs
10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Which Spur would you let go of for Amare Stoudamire. Potentially great again, the PF/C we've wanted alongside Tim or potentially the new CWebber Stoudamire.

Tim of course not
GNob not a chance
TParker no way
Bruce hmmn this could be the PF/C we need for a repeat title run.
Elson but he just got here. And he can run. Oh well, i trade.
Butler Same as above and only 21. Hmmn what would you do?
Horry. Could you really let him go this way? I could. Sorry Bob and thanks.
Barry. non Haters. What would you do?
Finley trade done in .2 seconds

everyone else is not anywhere near enough for Phx.

Now, to do away with about 30 bandwidth consuming posts:
http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/laptop.gif
Comic Book Guy SpursTalk posters,
I know this:
Phx is not looking to trade him
won't match the dollar amount
You will only consider real trades, EVER.
your mind won't allow you to consider this even theoretically.

But could you just spare redundantly telling us this?

polandprzem
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I would let malvin Sanders go

timvp
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I think Amare is broken. That said, I trade anyone outside of the big three.

King
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Health notwithstanding, anyone but Tim and Tony.

GrandeDavid
10-19-2006, 04:52 PM
:lol

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd trade Fabbs for him.

ALVAREZ6
10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
There's no way PHX would give up Amare to the Spurs without getting any of the big three in return.

spurs=bling
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
it wouldn't be a smart move having Horry on another team, and PHX would never let Amare go.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 06:49 PM
please God let the season start before the :"KG in a Spurs Uniform" shit starts up again

spurs=bling
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
:lol^

ATX Spur
10-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Dreamers forum.

Brutalis
10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
I'd move Avery Johnson and a 2nd rounder for him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2006, 08:09 PM
How about Jaren Jackson's 2nd neice, Vinny Del Negro's hairpiece, and a bag of pork rinds?

Sorry Fabbs, but this is a lame thread. It is completely obvious to anyone that we would give non-Big Three players for Amare, so what's the point of asking the question?

Fabbs
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
How about Jaren Jackson's 2nd neice, Vinny Del Negro's hairpiece, and a bag of pork rinds?

Sorry Fabbs, but this is a lame thread. It is completely obvious to anyone that we would give non-Big Three players for Amare, so what's the point of asking the question?
Lame, and inaccurate response.
King would trade GNob.
spurs=bling would not trade Horry.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2006, 10:42 PM
:rolleyes

Sure spurs=bling wouldn't trade Horry. :rolleyes

That's BS. In a real situation, with Amare on the table for 36yo Horry, NO-ONE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE WOULDN'T MAKE THAT TRADE, and I don't care that they say in your lame thread that they wouldn't.

Why didn't you ask a far better and more informative question like: "which of the big 3 would you trade for Amare?" That might have actually generated some interesting responses.

Lame.

Fabbs
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
spurs=bling are you from the known universe?

Puffy or Ruffy,
plus my thread was wide open for which of the big three you could trade.
Ignoramus.

ATX Spur
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Why didn't you ask a far better and more informative question like: "which of the big 3 would you trade for Amare?"

None of the 3. Too many unknowns with Amare to give up players in their primes.

phxspurfan
10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
duncan for amare, right now. imagine parker lobbing to that kid. manu slashing by duncan (like in FIBA). spurs go 21st century style nba basketball. small ball is all of a sudden not so stupid

spurs=bling
10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
spurs=bling are you from the known universe?

maybe or maybe not.

and i wouldn't trade anybody on the team they are fine the way they are.

stretch
10-20-2006, 12:13 AM
you guys are fucking delusional. if Amare is back in shape (im not saying he will be, but if) anyone with a fucking brain would trade Ginobili or Parker for him. they are not untouchable yet. the only untouchable player on the Spurs is Tim Duncan, because he IS the Spurs. without him, they suck. thats why i have such incredible respect for Duncan. he probably does more with less better than any player in the league. he is a pure winner. no one in the league carries their team more than Duncan carries the Spurs.

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Amare's got alot to prove, and a ways to recoup. Duncan is Duncan, but the Spurs need Parker and Ginobili, especially with the condition of their bench.

Xylus
10-20-2006, 12:22 AM
A frontcourt with Duncan and a healthy Amare would be siiiiiiiick.

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 12:24 AM
With the Amare of the 2005 playoffs and Duncan, yes.

Xylus
10-20-2006, 12:25 AM
With the Amare of the 2005 playoffs and Duncan, yes.
Like I said, healthy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Don't call me ignoramous, fvckwad.

I made no ad hominem attacks on you, I even apologised when I called your thread lame (which it is - shall we have a poll?), and now you attack me for what is at heart a reasonable objection? Screw you pal.

mavsfan1000
10-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Ginobili for Amare would make sense. I wouldn't trade Parker though in that he is huge for the spurs and would leave a big hole at point guard and of course Duncan won't be traded.

mathbzh
10-20-2006, 02:59 AM
Butler is #6 center in the league. So I guess Phoenix would agreed buttler + draft pick vs. Amare :elephant

Seriously the only way would be to give one of our big 3.

TP would not accept to be Nash backup.
We can't let Tim go.
So I guess it would be Gino.

Nobody know how good Amare will be and how long his career will last. So I keep Gino.

Dalamar_the_Dark
10-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Amare for Duncan straight up with fillers if the contracts dont match. Seriously if Suns willing to do this and if Amare is healthy (as in no career threatening injury) I would do it in an instance. Duncan is getting old. Amare is the future. Those who think Duncan is untouchable will flunk as GMs.

Texas_Ranger
10-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Amare for Duncan straight up with fillers if the contracts dont match. Seriously if Suns willing to do this and if Amare is healthy (as in no career threatening injury) I would do it in an instance. Duncan is getting old. Amare is the future. Those who think Duncan is untouchable will flunk as GMs.

No way that Spurs would trade Tim. :nope

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 04:38 AM
if Amare is healthy (as in no career threatening injury)

No career-threatening injury? Remember last year when he only played three games and then went out again?

Dalamar_the_Dark
10-20-2006, 10:17 AM
No career-threatening injury? Remember last year when he only played three games and then went out again?

That doesnt mean he cant recover from that. DRob also had a season of injuries. Thats how we got Duncan remember?

Mixability
10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
:lmao

It says alot about someone's intelligence when they would decline a Horry for Amare trade.

In the same boat as the person who would've declined a Rasho for Kobe trade.

You know who you are.

:lmao

MmP
10-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Lose Ginobili and prepare to collide.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I had missed the fun of Fabbs starting a questionable thread and then insulting people who point out how lame it is. :lol

spurs=bling
10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I really wouldn’t trade anybody on the team. Especially not Horry no matter how old he is he can still kill you with a shot. Now if we were to trade him for Amare and the Suns and Spurs play in the WCF and its down to the wire and Horry goes and makes the winning shot for the Suns that would really suck, just ask Kings and Pistons fans….and Horry almost did the same thing in 03 but the ball went in and out. And who knows if Amare will ever play the same again, he is an awesome player but not worth taking the risk. And he still has a lot to prove, the Spurs have the chemistry and experience already, so you have to stick to that .