PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Lou

PeterBurns
10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I believe some of you may know, by Crazy Lou won't be back for the Spurs this year.

Lou did a hell of a job. Especially in 2005. He made the SBC Center nuts.

My vote.
Vanessa Macias

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Bring back Duel!

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
did they fire him?

Buddy Holly
10-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Is he too busy hosting late night movies on Saturday nights with Clay Aiken Jr.?

Zunni
10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Never cared for him. Duel was light years better, but it was obvious that the Spurs didn't want to offend OAI by continuing to employ him when OAI cut him loose.

SequSpur
10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
how did this effect the win loss column?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-19-2006, 08:41 PM
how did this effect the win loss column?

Probably because Lou will now take Beno's spot in the popcorn selling rotation, which means Beno drops to the guy that stirs the nacho cheese, which means Pop will not get fully stirred cheese on his nachos because of Beno's injuries.

Pop will be pissed and the Spurs will lose one extra game this season.

SequSpur
10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Probably because Lou will now take Beno's spot in the popcorn selling rotation, which means Beno drops to the guy that stirs the nacho cheese, which means Pop will not get fully stirred cheese on his nachos because of Beno's injuries.

Exactly. I knew this dude was important.

PeterBurns
10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
His Choice, Not fired at all.
Vaguely remember Duel doing them. He was pretty good?

T Park
10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
There is a god.

The long haired moron is gone.

Now just get rid of Schoening and were looking good.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2006, 09:18 PM

I thought Beno was taking Rasho's possition as Gatorade distibutor?

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Crazy Lou?
http://www.sportshair.com/images/pinella2.jpg

:lol

angel_luv
10-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I thought it was a new guy out there tonight. I thought he did a good job although I really liked Crazy Lou- especially at play off time.

angel_luv
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Since you mentioned Pop... he has a new section in the arena. Pop's Platoon. :lol

Solid D
10-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Now just get rid of Schoening and were looking good.

Lou was okay. It's important not to be annoying to the fans, though.

I like Bill Schoening just fine. He's grown on me and he has decent recognition of what's going on. He's got a little "homer" in him but that's okay with me.

With all due respect for Stan Kelly as PA man, he's gotten more shaky and he's almost becoming like nails on a chalkboard for me now. He sounds nervous but with all that experience, how can it be nerves? Stan has years of experience doing PA work (UT Basketball, Spurs, etc.), had the misfortune of replacing the late Pat Tallman, a tough act to follow. Stan has continued on through some illness issues and I truly admire his track record....rain or shine he's there. My opinion is, it's time for Stan to hang 'em up with the Spurs...it's a voice quality and listener ease issue.

For mascots...I do think the new Coyote has done better than I would have expected following in the footsteps of Tim Derk. The fact that Tim coaches him, helps, I'm sure.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 05:13 AM
I like Bill Schoening too and I love the Coyote. :)

Kori Ellis
10-20-2006, 05:18 AM
I didn't think Crazy Lou was very good at his job, but he had improved a lot. Chris Duel was awesome at it. He was especially good in the playoffs.

The Coyote has improved too. :) I don't listen to the radio that much but I Bill Schoening is a good guy, so I can't bag on him.

whottt
10-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Bill Shoening > Reggie

Kermit
10-20-2006, 07:45 AM
we're lucky to have bill. he's one of the best in the business. he's a whole lot better than the guy before him.

Taco
10-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Bring Back "Dancing Harry"

Samr
10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I hope all the praise for Chris Duel is merely sarcasm, as I cannot, with the exception of Bill Walton, remember any public figure more annoying than him.

Seriously, if I could punch one person in the face, and get away with it, it would be him.

cornbread
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
No sarcasm here about Chris Duel. I really enjoyed it when he was in the mix. He's a funny guy and is very nice in person too. I wonder who they'll bring in?

Notorious H.O.P.
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Crazy Lou was alright but nothing special.

Stan Kelly is the one guy who I believe the Spurs need to replace but I realize he is the "Voice of the Spurs" and it is unlikely, despite the declining quality of his "product", the Spurs let him go until he chooses to hang them up.

Happens all the time in sportscasters and announcers. Teams hold onto their guys too long for the reason above.

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 05:59 PM
New guy last night was Mike Lavender.
He does the EMCEE for the Rampage.

I'm not sure if he's the new guy yet, or if they are just auditioning.

T Park
10-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh god, not him.

Hes more annoying than Crazy freakin Lou.

I hope all the praise for Chris Duel is merely sarcasm, as I cannot, with the exception of Bill Walton, remember any public figure more annoying than him.

Seriously, if I could punch one person in the face, and get away with it, it would be him.

Coming from some bony armed little kid, thats rich.

Samr
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Do you know what else is rich, TPark? The fact that you, instead of simply disagreeing with my opinion (which is fine, I understand that people do like him), decided it would be more effective to simply attempt a personal insult. Please, that's like me saying the Pistons will not be good next year, and then a Pistons fan comming back with "Well...do you know how I know you're gay?"

If you want to disagree with me, that is fine. Go ahead. It's the beauty of a public forum. But please, disagree with me in the realm of basketball, and opinions and topics therein.

Trying to win the game by switching fields does not accomplish anything. Except make you look really, really special in the process.

my2sons
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM
i'm sorry remember the alamo and remember this moment is unfortunately seared in my mind and for that reason alone i'd like to remove that muppet from radio

samikeyp
10-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Mike Lavender does a great job. He would be a great replacement.

RashoFan
10-21-2006, 12:58 AM
New guy last night was Mike Lavender.
He does the EMCEE for the Rampage.

I'm not sure if he's the new guy yet, or if they are just auditioning.

Oh god, not him.

Hes more annoying than Crazy freakin Lou.

I like Mike Lavender, he is a nice guy. I use to talk to him at the Rampage Games when I worked EMS there.