PDA

View Full Version : Hutch: 'I Was Against The Iraq War Before I was For It'

Nbadan
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.rushlimbaughonline.com/articles/images/kaybaileysm.jpg

TX: Hutchison Says She Would Not Have Voted For Iraq War If She Knew There Were No WMDs

SAN ANTONIO, Tex - U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) Thursday night declared that she would not have voted for the war in Iraq had she known there were no weapons of mass destruction in that country.

Responding to a question at a televised League of Women Voters' debate in Central Texas concerning whether she would have voted differently on the war in Iraq had she known that the nation had no weapons of mass destruction and no connection to al Qaeda, Hutchison said she would not have voted for the war.

"If I knew then what I had known now on the weapons of mass destruction, which was a key reason I voted the way I did, I would not have voted to go into Iraq then," Hutchison said.

This came in a debate between Hutchison, Texas' senior senator, Democrat Barbara AnnRadnofsky (D-Houston) and Libertarian Scott Lanier Jamison in which Radnofsky, who is running an uphill race, kept the heat on Hutchison who found herself on the defensive time after time on issues ranging from immigration to her votes against the minimum wage.

Link (http://polstate.com/?p=4944)

OK, but Hutch failed to also say why she voted to decimate Habeas Corpus.

I love how these thugs keep hiding behind the ignorace card.

Hutch has got to go!

Ocotillo
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Sad thing is she is the "smart" Senator from Texas. Cornyn is an abortion of a Senator.

01Snake
10-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Sad thing is she is the "smart" Senator from Texas. Cornyn is an abortion of a Senator.

Watching clips of the debate, her Demo opponent sounds reeealy bright.

Nbadan
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
I mean really, how hard is it to get a call from Karl Rove on how to debate and vote on important issues of the day? A monkey could do that. We could just get rid of 95% of the Republican House and Senate, replace them with trained monkey that can push the color button Rove tells them to push and save ourselves millions of dollars in overhead.

Hutch is an embarrassment, but she won't ever turn on the machine that got her to where she is today.

01Snake
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Hutch is an embarrassment, but she won't ever turn on the machine that got her to where she is today.

Like any other politician.

midgetonadonkey
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Fuck her. I'm going to run for her seat in Senate.