PDA

View Full Version : I'm so petrified right now :(

angel_luv
10-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh my gosh you guys.

I came home exhausted from work to find the world's biggest water bug on my ceiling.
I am scared of the little roaches- and this is the grandfather of them all.

I tried to get my room mate to kill it but she is more afraid than I am.
I summoned all my courage, swung at him hard but missed.
He fell and ran under my bunk bed.

I am so tired but I'm also wicked afraid to sleep. Why me? :depressed

spurs=bling
10-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Angel just kill it. its not going to hurt you, i live a ranch and the only thing i would be scared to find inside the house is a snake.

angel_luv
10-19-2006, 11:56 PM
I know it won't hurt me but big bugs- and this one is huge- creep me out.
As for this particular one- it is in hiding.
I don't want to get down on my hands and knees to look for it- not knowing how close it is.
I would so pay someone to come and kill it.
Of course that will have to wait until morning because my land lady is in bed and would be mad if I let someone in the house.

spurs=bling
10-19-2006, 11:57 PM
lol....i would tell you something that happend to me 2 years back when we stayed at Garner Park. but i'm not that mean.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 12:05 AM
By the way, I rent a single room in a very small house... so unless I sleep on my land lady's couch, I'm stuck for the night.

Pistons < Spurs
10-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry Angel! I'm deathly afraid of Spiders, so I can relate!

spurs=bling
10-20-2006, 12:08 AM
spiders?

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 12:11 AM

Thank you. :)

I am just going to have to pray and be brave because I have to sleep.

Pistons < Spurs
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
spiders?
:oops

Something told me not to admit that on a message board.....

spurs=bling
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM

naw its alright i'm not making fun of you...things like that don't really freak me out and that is because i live out of town.

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't like cockroaches, but most other bugs don't bother me. Only ones that click and then fly at you.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 12:19 AM

Little spiders I can handle. Tarantula would be another story.

Fillmoe
10-20-2006, 12:20 AM
kill it stop being a chicken.......

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Night guys. :)

T Park
10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Dont blame you.

Im creeped out by all things insects spiuders scorpions what ever.

I feel your pain.

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2006, 02:22 AM
talkin of petrified, i just had my first and last exam today, fuckn bs, stupid tute says all this shit will be on exam, so i studied the hard parts and big questions, ,instead they put fuckd up questions i dont even understand, so much for past exam papers, had nothing on todays papers.....fuckn depressed now, looks like another subject down the drain

Jekka
10-20-2006, 03:13 AM
A roach ran over my foot last night on my way in from work and scared the hell out of me - I feel your pain, I have a horrible fear of roaches. Here are my four methods of dealing with them:

(1) Scream for Manny
(2) Drop the cat on it
(3) Drop a book on it and hope someone deals with it in the morning
(4) Vacuum it

Number 4 might be your best option here - easiest way to make sure it's gone without having to get anywhere near it.

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 03:24 AM
A roach ran over my foot last night on my way in from work and scared the hell out of me - I feel your pain, I have a horrible fear of roaches. Here are my four methods of dealing with them:

(1) Scream for Manny
(2) Drop the cat on it
(4) Vacuum it

Number 4 might be your best option here - easiest way to make sure it's gone without having to get anywhere near it.

holy mierda! I don't know why I've never thought to vacuum them. Then you don't have to pick up the crushed gooeyness. That's brilliant. Thanks.

Slomo
10-20-2006, 04:11 AM

(1) Scream for Manny
(2) Drop the cat on it
(4) Vacuum it

Number 4 might be your best option here - easiest way to make sure it's gone without having to get anywhere near it.I'm not making fun of you (I hate bugs - not to the point of being afraid of them, just grossed out I guess), but...

:lmao :lmao :lmao @ the number 2 solution!!!

Is the cat very fat? :lol

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 05:03 AM

(1) Scream for Manny
(2) Drop the cat on it
(4) Vacuum it

On your foot! Oh how awful. That is even worse than my miserable night.

I have gotten so I can kill the smaller ones... but the big ones. Shudder!

When it comes to roaches... I will take help from anyone. If Stephen A Smith would dispose of the bug, I would gladly welcome him in my house. :lol

My room mate has a cat but he is useless. If he sees one, he will come get me and cry pitifully so I will save him from it. :rolleyes

The only thing with the vacuum is you have to positition it before turning it on- otherwise the noise alerts the bug and all is lost.
I will try that next time though.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 05:15 AM
BTW, thanks all for your sympathies. There was none of that to be had at home- thus the thread.

SpursWoman
10-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I save my anxiety for bugs that can actually hurt me ... like scorpions & wasps. :)

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 06:17 AM
I save my anxiety for bugs that can actually hurt me ... like scorpions & wasps. :)

I'll take your wasps over the roach.
I can't even think about finding a scorpion.

10-20-2006, 07:04 AM
I read somewhere once that in a person's lifetime, they will eat two spiders while they sleep and not know it.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
I read somewhere once that in a person's lifetime, they will eat two spiders while they sleep and not know it.

I am sure anyone who didn't know that is so very grateful :rolleyes you brought that up.

Thanks. :lol

10-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Just trying to help Angel. :lol

When you leave your house today, you should get one of those bug bombs and nuke the entire room.

That'll fix your bug problem.

CubanMustGo
10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
http://www.killsbugsdead.com/i/ant_roach_3.jpg

AmericanWoman
10-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Just smack it and be done.

Sonia_TX
10-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Angel, I would have freaked out too. I HATE roaches, can't even kill little/medium sized ones. Ugh.

SpursWoman
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
I can't even think about finding a scorpion.

We were showing our new house to my sister-in-law and there was a scorpion in the downstairs bathroom. We move in to the house this weekend and I'm already freaking out. :oops :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2006, 08:02 AM
i dont pratice zen or buddhism, but i grew up listening to there teachings, even an ant wants to live, so i never step on them, buut for cockcroaches i usually step on them at night when goin to the kitchen without turnin the lights on

MoSpur
10-20-2006, 09:01 AM
What is it about being afraid of roaches? I always work outside with my dad and sometimes we see them and he freaks out. Completely! LOL. He is very tough and what not, but squirms when he sees a roach. I like to step on them and hear the crunch.

2Blonde
10-20-2006, 09:10 AM
You're a grown woman and you sleep on a bunk bed???? That's so cute. I don't know of any other poster on this board that could get away with that. :angel

Jekka
10-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm not making fun of you (I hate bugs - not to the point of being afraid of them, just grossed out I guess), but...

:lmao :lmao :lmao @ the number 2 solution!!!

Is the cat very fat? :lol
:lol No, she's tiny, but she's a very efficient bug killer. She kills them and then plays with the dead bug bodies.

CuckingFunt
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
holy mierda! I don't know why I've never thought to vacuum them. Then you don't have to pick up the crushed gooeyness. That's brilliant. Thanks.
If you use the vacuum method, you have to make sure to keep it running for a little while after you suck them up. If you turn it off right away, they can just crawl right back out.

Stephen A. Smith
10-20-2006, 09:27 AM
When it comes to roaches... I will take help from anyone. If Stephen A Smith would dispose of the bug, I would gladly welcome him in my house. :lol

Slowly but surely all the ladies eventually succumb to the pull of Stephen A. It starts with killing roaches, but soon you'll be wanting me to meet your family. Quite frankly, you should start practicing signing your name Veronica A. Smith.

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Ewww, I HATE all bugs. To the point where I feel the need to shower, etc. And my thing with bugs, it'll take me about half an hour to get up the courage to kill them, but I will do it...because there's no way I would be able to sleep or stay in a room where I KNOW it is still in.

Also, another thing I do, I scrub, clean, sanitize whatever room the bug was found in as soon as I kill it. I do this every single time I find a bug somewhere in the house. I know a clean house doesn't neccesarily keep bugs of any sort out, but still it's for my own peace of mind. :oops

I feel your pain, Angel_luv. That must have sucked!

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-20-2006, 10:39 AM
I hate cockroaches but I love killing 'em. Roaches, like the traffic jams, are much bigger in Houston. I've had the occasional problem with them sneaking into my office afer a hard rain, and pretty much everyone on my staff is just as freaked out as Angel (including two guys).

About a month ago I was typing at this same computer and had one crawl across my foot. Since my legs were under a desk I only knew that something living was on my foot, which is an unpleasant feeling. So I swung my legs around and kicked my leg out and in the process kicked a roach half way across the office towards two coworkers who proceeded to freak out. Normally I do my best just to chase the little bastards out of the office, but in light of the fact that it had already caused my entire office so much grief I took off my flip flop and went off on it like Mel Gibson in The Patriot. There was more to soak up than pick up when I was done.

ashbeeigh
10-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I get these weird feelings sometimes that things are crawling on me, but there isn't anything there (seriously!)), so I tend to ignore little things that feel like they're crawling on my legs. Last summer I was watching TV right in the morning and I felt something, and as normal I ignored it, but then as I scratched it to make it go away it moved and I started to scream and ran downstairs to tell everyone that was down there. At first I thought it was a roach, but we confirmed later that it was a click beatle. Oh my god, I was beyond petrified.

Mixability
10-20-2006, 10:46 AM
:lmao @ bunk bed

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2006, 11:03 AM
had you guys ever got so hungry that you went to the kitchen just to get something thats already cookd, and when your done, you want some more and you return to the kitchen only to realise that inside the pan or bowl there is a dead cockroach in the soup base :(:( yet you still eat it hahahah

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 11:09 AM
:lmao @ bunk bed

It's fire truck red too. :angel

Actually, it is just on loan until I can get a good futon. My room really is not big enough for anything else.

ShoogarBear
10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I tried to get my room mate to kill it but she is more afraid than I am.
He fell and ran under my bunk bed.You room with Horry for 3?

ShoogarBear
10-20-2006, 11:12 AM
If you use the vacuum method, you have to make sure to keep it running for a little while after you suck them up. If you turn it off right away, they can just crawl right back out.You realize, of course, that after you vacuum enough bugs, they organize a plan in the vacuum bag and then crawl out at night and kill you.

ShoogarBear
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
At least that's better than Carlos Beltran.

Silver21_Black20
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm more grossed out by roaches than I am scared of them. And like 1P1, if a roach crawls on me...even if it is just on my foot, I have to shower. If not I can feel its little legs crawling on me...Ugh!

Silver21_Black20
10-20-2006, 11:16 AM
At least that's better than Carlos Beltran.

:lol

Mixability
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
You room with Horry for 3?

:lmao

Marklar MM
10-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I get these weird feelings sometimes that things are crawling on me, but there isn't anything there (seriously!)), so I tend to ignore little things that feel like they're crawling on my legs. Last summer I was watching TV right in the morning and I felt something, and as normal I ignored it, but then as I scratched it to make it go away it moved and I started to scream and ran downstairs to tell everyone that was down there. At first I thought it was a roach, but we confirmed later that it was a click beatle. Oh my god, I was beyond petrified.

Ya. I get them too, to the point were you sorta don't know if you have an actual bug on you or not.

As for a previous fact, I heard that in your life, 6-7 spiders will crawl into your mouth.

CuckingFunt
10-20-2006, 11:41 AM
You realize, of course, that after you vacuum enough bugs, they organize a plan in the vacuum bag and then crawl out at night and kill you.
I knew it.

Fucking bastards.

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Ya. I get them too, to the point were you sorta don't know if you have an actual bug on you or not.

As for a previous fact, I heard that in your life, 6-7 spiders will crawl into your mouth.

thats a true fact, sleepin with ur mouth open, or worst case scenario, cockroaches crawling into your nostrils or earlobes :(

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 02:44 PM
This is a little disgusting...but does anyone else remember reading that news story back in the 90's about some women in Tennesse or somewhere who licked an envelope and apparantly there were some cockroach eggs on it (apparantly they're really small), and a few months later who tongue started swelling up...and you get the rest.

That was a crazy story, and I still think about it to this day everytime I lick an envelope shut...I usually just try to get a little wet napkin to seal it now :lol

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 02:53 PM
This is a little disgusting...but does anyone else remember reading that news story back in the 90's about some women in Tennesse or somewhere who licked an envelope and apparantly there were some cockroach eggs on it (apparantly they're really small), and a few months later who tongue started swelling up...and you get the rest.

That was a crazy story, and I still think about it to this day everytime I lick an envelope shut...I usually just try to get a little wet napkin to seal it now :lol

Fuck, I wish I'd never read that.

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Fuck, I wish I'd never read that.

10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
All You Wanted To Know About Roaches And Then Some (http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/entomology/444-289/444-289.html)

Health Risk:
German cockroaches are known to carry disease organisms on their bodies and in their feces. They can transfer these organisms to surfaces and food that they crawl across while foraging. Because German cockroaches are active at night, they have been known to invade the ear canals and nostrils of sleeping children. However, the most significant health issue associated with German cockroach infestation is allergies. German cockroaches produce large numbers of allergens on their bodies and in their feces. These allergens can become air-borne and cause respiratory problems in children and the elderly. As a matter of fact, German cockroach infestations have been identified as the number one cause of asthma in inner-city children.

http://www.ralphmag.org/AY/roach-in-ear279x278.gif

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 03:09 PM
All You Wanted To Know About Roaches And Then Some (http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/entomology/444-289/444-289.html)

http://www.ralphmag.org/AY/roach-in-ear279x278.gif

I don't want to know anything about them.

Mixability
10-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Snopes is your friend. (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/tacobell.asp)

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
No way!!!! I recall reading that story from multiple sources. Still...after so many years of having it feared in my head, I still don't think I'll be able to lick an envelope.

ashbeeigh
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
No way!!!! I recall reading that story from multiple sources. Still...after so many years of having it feared in my head, I still don't think I'll be able to lick an envelope.

Don't worry, I think I've only eaten at Taco Bell like three times since I heard that story in 8th grade. :D

whottt
10-20-2006, 04:37 PM
The story about the Roach Eggs is def an urban myth...

But the one about the roach crawling into the babies mouth and choking it to death isn't....

If you have a house with roach infestation there are two things you can be sure of...

#1. You WILL eat some roach poop and roach eggs at some point, and probably a roach as well.(make sure you examine those raisins in the raisin bran real close).

#2. They love to crawl up into your bed and all over your body when you sleep(they are seeking warmth)...those aren't the sheet crinkles tickling your legs...just fast roaches.

Oh and dust made from their poop and leg dust(called roach dust) gets into your lungs and can cause athsma and all sorts of respiratory issues.

I'll save the story about my brother in law drinking one in a bottle of Dr. Pepper for another time.

Kill that roach angel...it's you or him.

whottt
10-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Angel...you need to give this guy a call:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/images/records/rhp/portrait/90867.jpg

WHO:
Ken Edwards
WHAT:
36 cockroaches
WHERE:
London, UK
WHEN:
March 5, 2001

Ken Edwards of Glossop, Derbyshire, England ate 36 cockroaches in one minute on the set of The Big Breakfast, London, England on March 5, 2001.

Ken is a retired ratcatcher and part-time entertainer who first took to the stage at age 18, but his talent for carrying out bizarre stage acts was unveiled on the British TV show Over The Top when he was 39. Ken's 47 rats-down-the-trouser trick caused such a stir that he became a celebrity overnight! His friends and family are now used to his freaky acts and Ken says, "If I were to actually do something normal then they would react!"

WANT TO KNOW MORE?
When Ken munches on his cockroaches, he says "It's like having an anesthetic at the back of the throat." This is due to the scent they let off to ward off predators! Tasty!

CHECK THIS OUT...
Cockroaches have lived unchanged for more than 320 million years. They are among the oldest fossil insects and are also among the most primitive living, winged insects. If a nuclear war broke out cockroaches would be the only living creatures to survive!

FIVE FASCINATING COCKROACH FACTS
1. In Australia there is an annual Cockroach Racing Championship. The winning roach scoops a top prize of $500.
2. A cockroach has at least 18 knees!
3. It can live for a month without a head!
4. Female cockroaches are larger than males because they produce and carry their eggs.
5. A lobster is often called the cockroach of the sea since it is a scavenger.

I always thought shrimp were the cockroaches of the sea...

1Parker1
10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
That's disgusting, Whottt :vomit:

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 06:53 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/2mw8bcp.jpg

Phenomanul
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/2mw8bcp.jpg
:downspin:

ALVAREZ6
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
WTF is a water bug?

Marklar MM
10-20-2006, 08:23 PM
WTF is a water bug?

They are like 2-4 inches long, fly, and can swim in water. They eat other bugs and small fish I think. They are not something you really want to swim with.

http://www.bio.sdsu.edu/pub/spiders/Baja2004/Baja2004-Images/21.jpg

phyzik
10-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not afraid of roaches or waterbugs but I kinda freak out when they start flying, especially those roaches that seem to be insane and fly slamming into everything. I freaking hate them.

spurs=bling
10-20-2006, 09:26 PM
for those of you scared of bugs, you wouldn't make it out here.

zero signal
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Scorpions stings suck but they're no big deal. 9 parts water to 1 part bleach on a cloth for a few minutes does the trick.

ATX Spur
10-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm not afraid of roaches or waterbugs but I kinda freak out when they start flying, especially those roaches that seem to be insane and fly slamming into everything. I freaking hate them.

Exactly. It's the insane roaches that click and fly at you that are the scariest. Because they have no fear.

ShoogarBear
10-21-2006, 08:03 AM
They are like 2-4 inches long, fly, and can swim in water. They eat other bugs and small fish I think. They are not something you really want to swim with.

http://www.bio.sdsu.edu/pub/spiders/Baja2004/Baja2004-Images/21.jpgI was in Florida last year for a conference and a co-worker found some GIGANTIC bug like that on the beach, about 5 inches long. We were playing around with it (some alcohol may have been involved) and it bit this one guy on the hand. The next day his hand was swollen and red and he was running a fever.