PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7 is available now!

Slomo
10-20-2006, 04:32 AM
Internet Explorer 7 has been officially launched on October 18th. After reviewing the fact, both me and Muki (your friendly admin team) recomend you visit http://www.IE7.com and follow the instructions there.

Safe browsing!

Your friendly admin team :)

velik_m
10-20-2006, 05:55 AM
So what new stuff does it bring? or did they just copy-paste the Firefox source? is it better than Opera?

CharlieMac
10-20-2006, 06:35 AM
I've had it a few weeks now. I really like it.

polandprzem
10-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Is it still opening new windows not tabs?

CubanMustGo
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Think of it as a slow version of Firefox and you'll be OK.

It blows up on more pages than IE 6, that's for sure.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Think of it as a slow version of Firefox and you'll be OK.

It blows up on more pages than IE 6, that's for sure.

Too funny. Firefox rules...let us know when the new Firefox version is released.

Slomo
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
So what new stuff does it bring? or did they just copy-paste the Firefox source? is it better than Opera?Just follow the link.

Everything is explained very clearly on the site :)

http://www.IE7.com

dougp
10-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Is it still opening new windows not tabs?
Not sure what you're asking, but IE7 is now a tabbed browser. You can also choose whether the clicking new links will force into a tab or new window.

leemajors
10-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Not sure what you're asking, but IE7 is now a tabbed browser. You can also choose whether the clicking new links will force into a tab or new window.

took them a couple of years.

Mixability
10-20-2006, 11:59 AM
IE blows like sequ

So IE doesn't even have to get on its knees to do the job?

:lol

Mr Dio
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
So IE doesn't even have to get on its knees to do the job?

:lol

:lmao
Oh Gah Damn!!!

boutons_
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
7th time lucky? I wouldn't bet on it.

Let us know how it goes out there on the bleeding edge.

Internet Exploder 6 is years mature, and it's a stiill a mine field of security holes.

ducks
10-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Internet Explorer 7 has been officially launched on October 18th. After reviewing the fact, both me and Muki (your friendly admin team) recomend you visit http://www.IE7.com and follow the instructions there.

Safe browsing!

Your friendly admin team :)
firefox> ie

velik_m
10-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Just follow the link.

Everything is explained very clearly on the site :)

http://www.IE7.com

that's what you get for pimping microsoft product, you KNOW i won't click on that link. But it's a good joke. :lol

dougp
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
IE7 > Firefox ... Firefox has never managed to fix its memory leak.

But hey, to each their own ...

Fillmoe
10-20-2006, 12:59 PM
http://burntelectrons.org/media/moznews/i-love-mozilla-naked.jpg

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
^^^Won't your mom get pissed at you for posting pictures of her on the internet?

Marhq
10-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Opera > Firefox >>>>> IE

Saludos.

Zunni
10-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Opera rules. I LOVE the fact that if you download a torrent, it immediately starts the file transfers with the built in BT client. That's something you will NEVER get from MS, since they just started their new music product and store. Of course the new player is completely incompatable with their old music store, but nothing that MS does should really surprise.

ZStomp
10-20-2006, 07:32 PM
No thanks. I'll pass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-20-2006, 08:39 PM
As an employee of a software company whose product is .NET based and runs integrated with IE, let me just say stay the hell away from this download.

We got ahold of it last week to work on smoothing out any conflicts with our software, and this stuff (IE7) is nothing but a royal pain in the ass.

Supposedly a lot of banks are havingi problems with it too.

dougp
10-20-2006, 08:42 PM
As an employee of a software company whose product is .NET based and runs integrated with IE, let me just say stay the hell away from this download.

We got ahold of it last week to work on smoothing out any conflicts with our software, and this stuff (IE7) is nothing but a royal pain in the ass.

Supposedly a lot of banks are havingi problems with it too.
I only have problems when I had it reporting as IE7 ... when I got the agent script to change it to IE6, it is perfectly fine. The tech demo has been out for quite awhile, if you're just now getting ahold of it ... well, your company is fuckin retarded.

leemajors
10-20-2006, 11:03 PM
IE7 > Firefox ... Firefox has never managed to fix its memory leak.

But hey, to each their own ...

microsoft's still 3 years late to the party. if IE had come out a couple years ago i would have considered using it. they must have been too busy ripping off MacOS features for vista i guess.

dougp
10-21-2006, 12:54 AM
microsoft's still 3 years late to the party. if IE had come out a couple years ago i would have considered using it. they must have been too busy ripping off MacOS features for vista i guess.
the day you can do better is the day i'll consider anything you say ...

Slomo
10-21-2006, 03:09 AM

Supposedly a lot of banks are havingi problems with it too.AHF

The others might not know, but you should remember how critical I am of MS. So when I start linking to their new browser (who had a security flaw discovered the 1st day after its launch) doesn't it make you at least a little suspicious why the link? :spin

Kori Ellis
10-21-2006, 03:13 AM
It's funny how many people got all annoyed and defensive without looking at what Slomo posted. I thought it was hysterical.

Slomo
10-21-2006, 03:14 AM

specially since when I first saw it I thought the idea was really funny :)

leemajors
10-21-2006, 08:21 AM

uhh, ok. can your daddy beat mine up too? i guess you have to be a software developer to have an opinion worth consideration.

dougp
10-21-2006, 08:49 AM
uhh, ok. can your daddy beat mine up too? i guess you have to be a software developer to have an opinion worth consideration.
considering the statement you made? yes ...

leemajors
10-21-2006, 09:04 AM
considering the statement you made? yes ...

that they took a couple of years to release a new browser or that ms rips ideas off from mac os? it doesn't take a software engineer to see that. just looking at the vista site and seeing their new "gadgets" ripping off widgets is proof enough.

baseline bum
10-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Yeah... one person is going to outdo a team of maybe 50 programmers who've been developing the browser for a couple of years. Retard argument.

Sorry you have to program .NET, Aggie. I learned how to program it just for the resume, and hated every minute of it. Thank God I don't need it right now.

dougp
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
that they took a couple of years to release a new browser or that ms rips ideas off from mac os? it doesn't take a software engineer to see that. just looking at the vista site and seeing their new "gadgets" ripping off widgets is proof enough.
Them ripping UI enhancements off of other companies? C'mon, give me a break ... that's like saying Chevy ripped off putting doors on cars, or that Toshiba ripped off making your television COLOR.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Haha, just looked at the link.

Nice.

The point still remains...

enigma - our company just got done rolling out a major release, so we were a little preoccupied with making sure all that was working well before worrying about Microsoft's crap.

Drachen
10-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Besides everyone says that MS ripped off GUI from Mac, but Mac ripped GUI off from Xerox, so everyone's guilty.

johnsmith
10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Nerds

leemajors
10-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Them ripping UI enhancements off of other companies? C'mon, give me a break ... that's like saying Chevy ripped off putting doors on cars, or that Toshiba ripped off making your television COLOR.

ok, you're a microsoft fanboy. that doesn't mean they put the best products out there all the time. you really need to work on your analogies though, they suck.

dougp
10-21-2006, 03:01 PM
ok, you're a microsoft fanboy. that doesn't mean they put the best products out there all the time. you really need to work on your analogies though, they suck.
I'm no fanboy, but I do know to recognize a good product. FF2 is actually pretty damn good, but it was still having memory problems on my older laptop ... The fact is, Vista will be coming out here in a few months, and in 2-3 years will be the #2 OS ... we're just gonna have to take it up the ass.

leemajors
10-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm no fanboy, but I do know to recognize a good product. FF2 is actually pretty damn good, but it was still having memory problems on my older laptop ... The fact is, Vista will be coming out here in a few months, and in 2-3 years will be the #2 OS ... we're just gonna have to take it up the ass.

when does ff2 come out? a lot of my perceptions about windows have changed a bit since i started here at Apple. i like both os's, they both run pretty well and i use them for wildly different things.

dougp
10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
when does ff2 come out? a lot of my perceptions about windows have changed a bit since i started here at Apple. i like both os's, they both run pretty well and i use them for wildly different things.
FF2 release date just came out ... not sure when, but it is soon ...

Slomo
10-21-2006, 03:47 PM
when does ff2 come out?Oct. 24th (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127603-c,mozilla/article.html)