PDA

View Full Version : Good Doctor for OCD in SA.

Buddy Holly
10-20-2006, 04:41 AM
I am trying to inquire on a good doctor to help someone I know get rid of their OCD.

Does anyone know a good doctor?

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Help someone you know? We're all friends here BH, you can get help from many Doctor's throughout town.

Notorious H.O.P.
10-20-2006, 10:53 AM
It might not be for Buddy.

But if he posts the same request more than seven times, I'll have my suspicions.

ShoogarBear
10-20-2006, 11:16 AM
OCD is notoriously difficult to "get rid of". "Controlling" is usually the goal.

Fillmoe
10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
lol @ "someone you know"

Kevin Trudeau
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
OCD is notoriously difficult to "get rid of". "Controlling" is usually the goal.

I see you have been dooped by the medical industry and the government. Don't be fooled any longer. Don't believe these lies you have been fed. You can get rid of OCD and virtually any disease with the information in my book.

Of course, these are things they don't want you to know about.

ashbeeigh
10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
It all depends on what kind of coverage your "friend" has. On most insurance websites they have a search you can do for psychologists/therapists. Then Google them and look for research/presentations/work history. That may help. Make sure the person specializes in anxiety/OCD if and when you find one. Check to see if their APA acredited as well. Look for an LPC as oppossed to a LCSW or a MFT Counselor.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Check out Psychiatrist Jeffrey Benzick, on Jones-Maltsberger.

Buddy Holly
10-20-2006, 04:58 PM
lol @ "someone you know"

Why is that lol? It is for someone I know. If it were for me, I'd say it was, why would I be scared or ashamed to say it were for me? It's for a friend who none of you know so I didn't personalize it.

Zunni
10-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't think obsessive City-itis can be cured, BH.

T Park
10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
I see you have been dooped by the medical industry and the government. Don't be fooled any longer. Don't believe these lies you have been fed. You can get rid of OCD and virtually any disease with the information in my book.

Of course, these are things they don't want you to know about.

If your so hell bent on it, why dont you post the book online for free and back up your talk there Kevin boyee.

Zunni
10-21-2006, 04:22 PM
If your so hell bent on it, why dont you post the book online for free and back up your talk there Kevin boyee.
Dude...it's not really him.

BH - Boyband obsessions are also notoriously difficult to undo.

Sigmund Freud
10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Do you, err...your friend have frequent dreams?