PDA

View Full Version : WOAI/TICKET 760 Changes

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Starting Monday, October 30th. Right before the start of the season.

WOAI will be the new home to Charlie and Chance.

Charlie and Chance in the Evenings will air right after the Thompson Brothers on WOAI. 8P-11P.

The Show will be the Pregame and Post Game show for the Spurs.

The Ticket 760 will now run Sheman and Washington with Fox Sports Radio in the mornings.

:wakeup

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM

Charlie and Chance in the Evenings will air right after the Thompson Brothers on WOAI. 8P-11P.

The Ticket 760 will now run Sheman and Washington with Fox Sports Radio in the mornings.

Wow...........what time will Sheman and Washington come on? What about Czabe?

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh, and could you direct Chuck to the fight thread?

katyon6th
10-20-2006, 10:39 AM
johnsmith, are you happy about these changes?

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 10:41 AM
johnsmith, are you happy about these changes?

I'm pleased they are taking Chuck and Chance off in the morning, they had no business being on in that timeslot, they are more of a midnight-three AM type. I noticed they didn't touch the midget and the toad in the afternoon though, that's dissapointing. Having said that, in most towns, the afternoon time is designated for a local show, but still, get rid of those two ass-clowns and bring in a good pair.

Still though, regardless of when or if any of them are on, I hate them all and hope to beat one of them up one day. I'm pretty mature Katy, pretty mature.

johngateswhiteley
10-20-2006, 10:44 AM

maybe all our work here is finally paying off! YES! now, onto getting the two ass clowns in the afternoon off the air. i could give a shit about 1200, i just want good sports talk on 760....for once. sheman & washington are better than nothing, and nothing is better than chance and charlie.

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight....."

johngateswhiteley
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight....."

i am starting to. if they get the two ass clowns off the air, then i am gonna feel the love all day.

angel_luv
10-20-2006, 11:00 AM

I like that. :tu Now I will actually be available to hear C and C.

So is the post game show still the React- or no? And what is Vex doing now?

johngateswhiteley
10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
And what is Vex doing now?

apparently, you missed my previous post. he's off in some corner office with a window...on his knees.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
maybe all our work here is finally paying off! YES! now, onto getting the two ass clowns in the afternoon off the air. i could give a shit about 1200, i just want good sports talk on 760....for once. sheman & washington are better than nothing, and nothing is better than chance and charlie.

Same here, I could not care less about WOAI. If Lundy wants to pollute the Blowtorch with The Hippie and Screamie McJowls, so be it....just get them off of 760.

Liar
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I will really miss Charlie and Chance on the Ticket.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
apparently, you missed my previous post. he's off in some corner office with a window...on his knees.

That midget can do his dirty work in the corner office standing up, I assure you. He only needs to get on his knees for Beetlejuice and Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM

WAIT A MINUTE! Does this mean Chance can't lurk anymore at the high school football games and satisfy his pedophile urges??!! Or will he get Thursday and Friday nights off?

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 02:12 PM
It's all being worked out.
I think it will be C&C doing pre and post games.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
It's all being worked out.
I think it will be C&C doing pre and post games.

So, was it because they suck? What's the logic behind this move?

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Burns or someone, can you tell me why the station dropped the "Mrs. Green" promos ("Hi, I'se Mrs. Green, da cleanin' lady here at Tick-rit Seven Six-tra...I cleans up da beer bottles dat da DJs be leavin' behind")???

Those bits were hilarious, they need to bring them back. I know some people claimed that they were racist, but is that the reason they were pulled? And is there any difference between the Mrs. Green spots and Shirley Q. Liquor's version of the Texas A& M fight song that the Thompson Brothers still play on their show? If Mrs. Green is too racist for the airwaves, shouldn't the song suffer the same plight?

King
10-20-2006, 02:53 PM
So, Ben Ferguson is no more on WOAI?

T Park
10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Well its official I guess, no more WOAI for me on game days.

Solid D
10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Peter.

johnsmith, are you related to "Chad" and "Chad's Mom"? :smokin

SequSpur
10-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Well its official I guess, no more WOAI for me on game days.

I remember when Parker and Everett did the games before. Terrible.

I like Chancellor though, he is one of top sports guys in SA imo.

I never cared for the others.

Parker imo doesn't know shit about sports. That is why he goes off on a tangent talking about movies and old ass music. It's his crutch.

Also, I like Vexler and Walter, they are a different combo, but imo somewhat effective. Since Pop is an ass, they have to toe the company line.

We don't need any more Okeefe incidents.

screamformelongbeach
10-20-2006, 04:50 PM

Parker imo doesn't know shit about sports. That is why he goes off on a tangent talking about movies and old ass music. It's his crutch.

Also, I like Vexler and Walter, they are a different combo, but imo somewhat effective. Since Pop is an ass, they have to toe the company line.

Seriously, Chancellor doesn't know shit about sports either, if it's not related to the Spurs, Cowboys, or high school football. He does nothing, and I mean nothing, to prep for the radio show...he admits on the air that he rolls in to the studio a couple of minutes before air time. Although you would never know it, even Parker allegedly arrives at the studio an hour or 2 in advance to prep (to prep the Those Were The Days segment, I guess). Heck, if Chancellor would just take 15 minutes to read deadspin.com or sportsbybrooks.com, he could fake his way through 3 hours, but he doesn't. Of all the Ticket 760 hacks, Chancellor is the worst, in my opinion, but the others aren't far behind.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 04:59 PM

I call, no more complimentary like statements in this thread.

johnsmith
10-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Peter.

johnsmith, are you related to "Chad" and "Chad's Mom"? :smokin

Don't know who Chad or his mom is.

PeterBurns
10-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Deadspin and SportsbyBrooks are the best two sports websites out there.
Also, I like Bill Simmons of Page 2 on ESPN.

Kissing Suzy Kobler is another good sports blog.

I'm not sure why they changed the Tickrah promo's.
We rotate them all year long.

King, you are right. Ben won't be on WOAI for now.

I'm hear you on the local show on the morning. I too want to hear a local show after a Spurs victory, but you've also got to remember that the Ticket isn't a 99.5 Kiss or the Beat. So you can't go off and pay a duo $100,000 a piece. The niche won't support it here unless you get a football team and possibly a baseball team years down the road.

So who knows? The station is there for Sports Fans, and the only thing that changes is 3 hours of less local talk. Bottomline, it has a loyal base, and it does very well for the advertisers. So that's it in a nutshell.

T Park
10-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Only thing I would beg for you to ask them to do Peter Burns, is switch from Fox Sports to ESPN.

There is not one credible or listenable person on Fox Sports, AT ALL.

Period.

samikeyp
10-20-2006, 08:09 PM
More Peter Burns. :tu

gotta give my boy some props. :)

dirk4mvp.
10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
There is not one credible or listenable person on Fox Sports, AT ALL.

Period.

Not even Greg More?

AlamoSpursFan
10-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey wait...if Ben Ferguson is no longer on OAI, then who will take mundane, 3 day old stories from the middle of the Metro Section of the Excuse For News and flog them like a dead, rented mule?

:lol

KEDA
10-20-2006, 09:45 PM
what was the deal with Kevin O'Keefe??

I was a youngin at the time and I never knew what happened.