PDA

View Full Version : Martin Hurt In Nuggets Win

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Martin hurt in Nuggets' victory
Associated Press
Posted: 1 day ago

CINCINNATI (AP) - Kenyon Martin had 20 points and eight rebounds before limping off the court in the third quarter, and the Denver Nuggets beat the Indiana Pacers 114-102 Wednesday night at U.S. Bank Arena.

Martin, who scored 15 points in the first half, was kneed in the quadriceps and limped off the court with 3:32 left in the third quarter. The power forward, who was slowed by a variety of leg injuries last season, did not return.
Martin plans to play in the Nuggets' next exhibition game Saturday in Milwaukee.

"I'll be all right. I can't afford to miss any time," Martin said. "We'll see tomorrow. It usually feels worse the next day."

Martin, who played for the University of Cincinnati, thrilled the crowd with a 3-pointer midway through the first quarter. He added a dunk minutes later, windmilling his arms.

Denver closed the game with a 15-4 run over the last 3:58, with Earl Boykins scoring four and Eduardo Najera five down the stretch.

Denver led 54-51 at the half and was 10 points ahead midway through the third quarter, but Stephen Jackson scored 11 of his 13 points to keep Indiana in the game.

Andre Miller finished with 13 points and seven assists for Denver. Najera scored 12 points, DerMarr Johnson - who also played at Cincinnati - and Boykins each had 11. Linas Kleiza added 10.

Darrell Armstrong had 10 points and Josh Powell had 12 for the Pacers. Jermaine O'Neal did not play the second half because of a sore left hamstring.

Horry For 3!
10-20-2006, 06:17 PM
He isn't hurt badly :lmao

mavsfan1000
10-20-2006, 06:18 PM
If he was hurt badly how is he able to play on saturday already?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I wasn't paying attention, so lemme fix that.