PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick Makes Debut

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-21-2006, 11:52 PM
12 mins 0-3. No stats at all. :dizzy Unless you count what I just said.

HeatOwnzNba
10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
That boy will amount to nothing, just wait and see.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Wanna bet? I am willing to bet JJ will become a very good player in this league. He wont be an all-star or anything but could be just as good as Brent Barry, Bob Sura, or a smaller Peja. The dude can flat out shoot.

steve kerr > scrub mention

MarkCuban
10-22-2006, 07:53 AM
im willing to give him a max deal :elephant

ducks
10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
peja was an allstar
he will not be that good

Bob Lanier
10-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Wanna bet? I am willing to bet JJ will become a very good player in this league. He wont be an all-star or anything but could be just as good as Brent Barry, Bob Sura, or a smaller Peja. The dude can flat out shoot.
Brent Barry and Bob Sura can also penetrate, pass, rebound at least a little, and play all three backcourt positions. Sura's a tough little SOB. Peja's 6-9 and an underrated rebounder and defender.

The latest Dukie, on the other hand, is undersized and underquick even for a point guard and possesses only off-guard skills. He probably won't have the career that Eddie House has had.

Zunni
10-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Redick = another overrated Dukie.

There has only been one star quality player EVER to come out of Duke: Grant Hill. All the rest have been role-players at best, or outright scrubs. Duke scholarship = NBA kryptonite.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
What about Elton Brand?

Zunni
10-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, OK, two. That's not many for as long as coach K has been there. He left early, too. I'm guessing that being in that system too long saps you of initiative and creativity. Maggette is OK, but pretty much a plug in, generic 2 guard. He left early, too, after only one year.

Slinkyman
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Don't forget:

Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
Shane Battier
Luol Deng

Zunni
10-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Don't forget:

Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
Shane Battier
Luol Deng
No stars in that group, and Dunleavy is an out and out bust.

T Park
10-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Boozer a 20 and 8 guy Battier on US basketball and LUol Deng a stud are not stars?

Okiedoke....

lebomb
10-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Boozer a 20 and 8 guy Battier on US basketball and LUol Deng a stud are not stars?

Okiedoke....

Yep, he doesnt know isht about basketball.......... :dizzy

.......and if Jay Williams wouldnt have crashed his dumbazz into a pole.....he would be another Dukie on that list.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
JJ Redick is the next Matt Harpring.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
you never know what can happen look at charlie v being the most recent everyone doubted the guy but he posted 46 points last year and played pretty well in t.o

MrChug
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
At best? Maybe a Vinnie Johnson/Ben Gordon type ignitor off the bench with his energy and timely shooting (no for you morons that are gonna pull this out he's not as athletic and NEITHER could be called even decent defenders. At worst, honestly...the next Tim Legler, and see where that got him now? Wait...bad example :P

Horry For 3!
10-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Barry > Redick, Redick will never win a slam dunk contest and I doubt he will have a better career.

Sura > Redick, Redick will never get triple-doubles. Sura would get triple-doubles a lot and was a very good rebounder. Redick is horrible at everything except shooting.

Peja > Redick, Redick will never be the 3 pt shooter as Peja. He also will never be a all-star like Peja.

He can shoot but that was against college players. It has yet to be seen what he can do against bigger and better players. When I bigger, stronger player played against him in college, he couldn't do shit.

Horry For 3!
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
What about Elton Brand?
Elton Brand is probably the best Duke player to play in the NBA.

JamStone
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
That boy will amount to nothing, just wait and see.

Wow, that's going out on a limb ...

At least he was a first round draft pick with a first round draft pick contract. Already, that amounts to more than nothing.

Trajan Langdon and Randolph Childress would be proud.

ajh18
10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
I think he'll be fine. Somewhere between a jeff hornacek/steve kerr type player, though probably not the steal or assist threat hornacek was. It's about system, and I think he'll be fine on that team. He wasn't effective in college when being guarded by the opposing team's best wing/most athletic player, but he'll probably be guarded by the least athletic player on the opposing team now. Hill, if healthy, will help alot, for with him and nelson driving and kicking, and the post threat of howard, jj will get alot of open threes. He does have that range, and he'll spread the floor nicely. I think he'll average in the low teens in points if he starts, and just under 10 if he comes off the bench.