PDA

View Full Version : Eric Williams-question

djohn14
10-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Has he even played in the preseason at all?I am starting to think he won't be on our roster.Maybe the Spurs are leaning more toward Charles Lee or Melvin Sanders.Also Jackie Butler [if you take out the fouls] had anice game, what do you think of him?

ploto
10-22-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm thinking Williams has a guarantee salary of $4.3M ths season.

Zunni
10-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Unless he takes a buyout of about half salary or is traded, he'll be on the 15 man roster. SA isn't going to cut $4+M.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2006, 01:41 PM
his expirin anyway, spurs will try to ship him + filler to get somshit b4 trade deadline

Kori Ellis
10-22-2006, 01:54 PM
PJ Carlesimo was saying before the game last night that they think he can contribute and he might be able to fill the long 3 role, etc.

So I think they are going to give him a chance before they cut/trade him. He's coming off an achilles injury but he's expected to play today.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2006, 02:01 PM
He'll fix our SF problems, no doubt about it. :smokin

T Park
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Give Eric Williams a chance, two years ago for New Jersey when starting and given consistent minutes before being shipped to the human wasteland that is Toronto, was putting up fantastic numbas.

Get healthy, and put him in the rotation :tu

T Park
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes he has played this preseason, played in Europe.

Zunni
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Give Eric Williams a chance, two years ago for New Jersey when starting and given consistent minutes before being shipped to the human wasteland that is Toronto, was putting up fantastic numbas.

Word is that his numbers dropped in TOR because he had attitude about not being on the East coast to be near his brat(s). If he drops that, he'll be welcome here. Otherwise, if they have no takers by the deadline, Mercer his ass.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
His numbers dropped because he went from averaging about 25mpg to about 5-10mpg

Zunni
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM
His numbers dropped because he went from averaging about 25mpg to about 5-10mpg
The number drop was indirectly due to his bitching. The bitching lost him his spot, therefor the numbers dropped. Also, try to quote correct facts. It was 24 minutes to 12 minutes.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM

Hmmm... I was saying EXACTLY THAT the day after we traded for him, but no-one was listening except T Park obviously...

Zunni
10-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Eric Williams is our 5th wing player. If he sees more than 12 minutes in ANY game, blowouts or weird matchups excepted, we're in trouble.

Spurologist
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Eric Williams looks to have gained a lot of weight, but think he will make the roster. He has consistently been a player with good ability in all areas - Defense, rebouding, shooting. His prime passed a long time ago but he can still contribute

Kori Ellis
10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Eric Williams looks to have gained a lot of weight, but think he will make the roster. He has consistently been a player with good ability in all areas - Defense, rebouding, shooting. His prime passed a long time ago but he can still contribute

Yeah he looks huge. I'm not sure he'll be on the active list on opening day.