PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Go On The Injured Reserves List?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Of course it will be who wins the roster spot, but then who are the next 2? The people who are the most likely candidates are E-Will, Beno, Elson, Butler, and Vaughn. My votes are for Elson and either Beno or Vaughn. Many people are doubting E-Will but I think he'll play great now that our starting lineup isn't gonna be playing. He'll have about a 15pt 5reb game. And Beno hasn't been playing all preseason. And Pop is doubting him greatly. Elson is a good center but in preseason he's just been looking dazed while Oberto is in front of him and Butler is catching up FAST. So...
C Oberto/Butler
PF Duncan/Bonner/Horry
SF Bowen/Williams
SG Manu/Finley
PG Tony/Brent/Vaughn
That looks good to me. :)

Kori Ellis
10-22-2006, 11:47 AM
My guess is Butler (though I think he'll be the starter after the All-Star break) and Eric Williams on opening night.

The good thing about the "Injured List" is that it can change every game. So they can do whatever they need to do depending on matchups.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Can it change during the playoffs?

Zunni
10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
I believe it can, now, but not game to game. I think you submit your active list for each series.

Bruno
10-22-2006, 07:21 PM

Yes for every game but you only among 13 players that you select before the playoffs.

Bruno
10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Bonner and Williams are my picks to be on the IL for the start of the season.

ChumpDumper
10-22-2006, 07:31 PM
What he said^

AFBlue
10-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Beno w/ the nagging injury and Williams, though that'll change as Beno gets healthy. Vaughn will be a regular on the inactive list by week 2, barring injury.

Solid D
10-23-2006, 09:20 AM
If Udrih is healthy and he is in game shape... then M. Bonner, E. Williams and M. Sanders.

As old as the Spurs are on the wings, injuries are likely, so I think Holt will need to spend a little extra and keep Sanders handy. Plus Timmy likes Melvin and the Spurs' coaches have commented a couple of times that Melvin has a great work ethic and he adds to the quality of the team's fiber.

ploto
10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Wow- Bonner went from the new Horry to the Inactive Roster in one week!

BERSERK
10-23-2006, 09:32 AM

Pop must have saw that Bonner will be no match against the quicker guards and forwards. Especially if it's Houston's scrubs..... :dizzy

yavozerb
10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I really do not believe vaughn will be on the inactive list as much as people think..Pop really likes this guy and he may not be the best back-up in the league, but he can average 5-7 assists for you and run an offense without many turn overs..

AFBlue
10-23-2006, 09:40 AM

Yeah I disagree with Bon-Bon being inactive too. With the "other" big man situation so up in the air, I think most everyone will get an opportunity...including Bonner.

I think the spurs will only carry two "true" point guards because Parker will play tons of minutes and if Beno is healthy he'll get the ball. If he's not, they'll go with vaughn and have barry/ginobili handle the rock when Tony's out.

BERSERK
10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
I think it'll be more of the Parker, Barry and Vaugh. Of course Barry and Vaughn will both be sharing the "backup" point guard minutes.

Beno will still be in Pop's doghouse when the regular season rolls in.

Solid D
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Who's Gonna Go On The Injured Reserves List?

It is no longer called Injured List, as of last season's changes to the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It is now called the Inactive List.

GrandeDavid
10-23-2006, 09:48 AM
If Udrih is healthy and he is in game shape... then M. Bonner, E. Williams and M. Sanders.

As old as the Spurs are on the wings, injuries are likely, so I think Holt will need to spend a little extra and keep Sanders handy. Plus Timmy likes Melvin and the Spurs' coaches have commented a couple of times that Melvin has a great work ethic and he adds to the quality of the team's fiber.

Great observation. I thought I'd read where Duncan had a good relationship with Sanders. Nice to hear about his work ethic and contributions to team fiber.

Texas_Ranger
10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
I think Williams.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Wow- Bonner went from the new Horry to the Inactive Roster in one week!We still have the old Horry. Why have two active all season?

AFBlue
10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
We still have the old Horry. Why have two active all season?

Big men who stretch the defense with the threat of outside shooting are all the rage right now. That and the other options aren't that appealing...you'd take an out-of-shape Eric Williams over a healthy Bon-Bon?

ChumpDumper
10-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I said (agreed) that Williams would be on the IR too.

AFBlue
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I said (agreed) that Williams would be on the IR too.

My bad, so what's the thought process on Bonner instead of Vaughn/Udrih to the inactive list?

ChumpDumper
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Udrih missed camp. He needs some PT but might suck or reinjure his leg. I'd keep Vaughn active for at least the first three games so he's available.