PDA

View Full Version : TNT analyst picks

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Barkley: Spurs vs. Heat
Kenny: Spurs vs. Cavs
Doug Collins: Detroit vs. Dallas (Dallas winning)
Reggie Miller: Detroit vs. Dallas (Dallas winning)
Steve Kerr: Spurs vs. Heat (Spurs winning)

Video is on NBA.com

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2006, 08:15 PM
WOW. Even though I expect my boys to make it back to the Finals, I'm suprised to see any of them pick the Pistons. All we've heard from the media so far is how much of a step back we're going to take.

However:

Miller is always a Detroit fanboy probably because of the familiarity and respect from facing them so often in the playoffs.

And Doug has also been a Detroit homer in his commentary ever since he coached here.

For the record, I'm still hoping for the much anticipated Detroit -- San Antonio rematch!

1Parker1
10-22-2006, 10:23 PM
:flipoff Reggie Miller...and to think I actually liked him.

1Parker1
10-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm surprised no one picked the Suns...

Kori Ellis
10-22-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised no one picked the Suns...

Everyone is realizing that Amare may be broken.

T Park
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Kenny picked the Cavs? They are one LeBron injury away from the lottery.

The Spurs are one Tim Duncan injury away from being in the lottery too.

Leetonidas
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM

I doubt that. LeBron = The Cavs. The Spurs have two other All-Stars. Without Tim, the Spurs would probably go 43-41 in the regular season.

Nikos
10-22-2006, 10:33 PM

Well considering all but about a handful (at most) of teams basically have no chance at the playoffs, thats not such a bad thing.

Actually aside from the Blazers and the Hawks (maybe Golden State?)-- can you really say with certainty that any team with a little luck and health couldn't make the playoffs?

This is a year where if most teams have their best players relatively healthy, almost any team has a chance to sneak in the playoffs. (But of course that isn't realistic, many teams will likely have some extended injuries to key players that change the whole complexion of the playoff race).

T-Pain
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
nice picks

Tek_XX
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
No one will be challenging the Heat for the East but the west is up in the air. It's either the Spurs or Dallas.

ducks
10-22-2006, 11:13 PM

dude you are wrong
spurs have manu who is a former allstar
and the spurs have tp an allstar last year
impossiple to get the lottery

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2006, 11:51 PM
How are we back in the Finals with something less than Mohammed/Nesterovic starting at the 5?

SenorSpur
10-23-2006, 12:01 AM

So is that the NBA's worst current secret - that Amare aint 100%?

If so, the Suns are doing a good job of downplaying the seriousness.

THE SIXTH MAN
10-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Not because of the picks, but TNT is the best at bringing basketball to TV.

ATX Spur
10-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Barkley and Kerr are the smartest. And I definitely agree with their takes here.

PAWW
10-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Shock, Kerr picked the Spurs. He's such a homer!

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
What is up with Kerr's hair?

:lol

I pick Miami and Dallas with Dallas winning.

stretch
10-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I doubt that. LeBron = The Cavs. The Spurs have two other All-Stars. Without Tim, the Spurs would probably go 43-41 in the regular season.
and that might be bad enough to put them in the lottery, especially in such a good Western Conference. and i dont even think they would have a winning record without Timmy. if it werent for Tim, there is no way in hell Parker and Ginobili would have been all-stars.

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM

You mentioned that in another thread also...that you don't think Amare will be able to recover this season from the surgery (or if ever). I haven't watched him play yet this season...does he really seem that out of shape and hurt? I'd think that even at 80%, due to the Suns playing system, he'd still be a large offensive threat...

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
You are an idiot :jack

The Spurs would get a top 5 seed in the east without Duncan and would still finish ahead of the Lakers in the West.

I think you are wrong.

The Spurs would not make playoffs without TD.

Look at their record the last 3 yrs without TD in lineup and get back to me.

2Cleva
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
dude you are wrong
spurs have manu who is a former allstar
and the spurs have tp an allstar last year
impossiple to get the lottery

Cleveland has former All-Stars in Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as well.

Fact is, if you take the best player off any team in the West, they likely don't make the playoffs.

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Cleveland has former All-Stars in Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as well.

Fact is, if you take the best player off any team in the West, they likely don't make the playoffs.

Phoenix did last year.

sa_butta
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
You mentioned that in another thread also...that you don't think Amare will be able to recover this season from the surgery (or if ever). I haven't watched him play yet this season...does he really seem that out of shape and hurt? I'd think that even at 80%, due to the Suns playing system, he'd still be a large offensive threat...See Chris Webber and Anfernee Hardaway performances after the same injury.

Dirk41MVP
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
haha, funny thing is they all picked the spurs over the mavs last season, and guess what ? yeah.. even at halftime of game 7 they still hated on us even though we were spankin' you.

It's all good, it's always like this.. in round 1, Gasol was supposed to give the mavs more trouble than dirk to the grizz, he was supposevely a "beast", and we swept them. round 2, same thing, spurs will dominate the mavs in 5/6 games, wrong again. round 3 same... some of those same TNT people said the mavericks wouldn't even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and they made it to the finals, so I hardly give much credibility to them at all.

Some people seem to forget about them Bulls though, they can be pretty damn good with wallace anchoring that middle...

Kori Ellis
10-23-2006, 01:25 PM
You mentioned that in another thread also...that you don't think Amare will be able to recover this season from the surgery (or if ever). I haven't watched him play yet this season...does he really seem that out of shape and hurt? I'd think that even at 80%, due to the Suns playing system, he'd still be a large offensive threat...

His game is all about his athleticism. I don't think he's going to be able to return to form. They are already talking about him skipping rehab sessions, having to have a second surgery on that knee and having bad arthritis in the other one. It's a shame and I hope that I'm wrong about him.

mavsfan1000
10-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I was thinking they might go more like 48-42. :lol

2Cleva
10-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Phoenix did last year.

Nash is who makes the engine go, although Amare is the best talent. Nash prove he was the best player for that team last year.

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Nash is who makes the engine go, although Amare is the best talent. Nash prove he was the best player for that team last year.

Nash would get any team into the playoffs, including the Knicks.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
haha, funny thing is they all picked the spurs over the mavs last season, and guess what ? yeah.. even at halftime of game 7 they still hated on us even though we were spankin' you.

It's all good, it's always like this.. in round 1, Gasol was supposed to give the mavs more trouble than dirk to the grizz, he was supposevely a "beast", and we swept them. round 2, same thing, spurs will dominate the mavs in 5/6 games, wrong again. round 3 same.

With the way Mavs damn near blew game and the series only to be rescued by bonehead Ginobili's foul, they deserved to get hated on in Game 7. When a team allows a 3-1 series lead to get to a Game 7, they are not deserving of praise.

By the way, sweeping the Grizz isn't really anything to brag about. In terms of NBA playoff teams they are the equivalent to Glass Joe in Punch Out.

stretch
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
By the way, sweeping the Grizz isn't really anything to brag about. In terms of NBA playoff teams they are the equivalent to Glass Joe in Punch Out.

hahaha, thats a funny analogy. i was actually reminiscing about Punch Out the other day.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
hahaha, thats a funny analogy. i was actually reminiscing about Punch Out the other day.

I just find that it's easy to make sense out of this crazy world if I constantly relate things to Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Any child of the 80's can relate to that, right?

BERSERK
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I just find that it's easy to make sense out of this crazy world if I constantly relate things to Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Any child of the 80's can relate to that, right?

What makes the Miami Heat then? Mike Tyson?

RC's Boss
10-23-2006, 04:26 PM

It's all good, it's always like this.. in round 1, Gasol was supposed to give the mavs more trouble than dirk to the grizz, he was supposevely a "beast", and we swept them. round 2, same thing, spurs will dominate the mavs in 5/6 games, wrong again. round 3 same... some of those same TNT people said the mavericks wouldn't even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and they made it to the finals, so I hardly give much credibility to them at all.

Some people seem to forget about them Bulls though, they can be pretty damn good with wallace anchoring that middle...
No none on TNT ever said the Mavericks were not going to make the playoffs. They just said you were not built for a championship... Which you still haven't proven them wrong :nope

RC's Boss
10-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Shock, Kerr picked the Spurs. He's such a homer!
He's in The Suns organization. If I'm not mistaken, he has a stake in the team. :rolleyes

cherylsteele
10-23-2006, 04:35 PM
In terms of NBA playoff teams they are the equivalent to Glass Joe in Punch Out.

I remember that video game....that dates me :lol

cornbread
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
What makes the Miami Heat then? Mike Tyson?

The Heat would be more like Soda Popinksy or Bald Bull. An extremely tough opponent, but beatable.

I don't think any team in any sport can compare to the domination of Mike Tyson in Punch Out. Maybe the 72 win Bulls. But they still lost 10 games. I don't know that I ever saw ANYBODY beat Tyson in that game. The closest thing would be Fedor Emlianenko of Pride FC. But with Fedor you gotta go with the M. Bison (Street Fighter 2) reference due to his Russian heritage.

Damn, I just made myself sound like the biggest nerd ever.

BERSERK
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
The Heat would be more like Soda Popinksy or Bald Bull. An extremely tough opponent, but beatable.

I don't think any team in any sport can compare to the domination of Mike Tyson in Punch Out. Maybe the 72 win Bulls. But they still lost 10 games. I don't know that I ever saw ANYBODY beat Tyson in that game. The closest thing would be Fedor Emlianenko of Pride FC. But with Fedor you gotta go with the M. Bison (Street Fighter 2) reference due to his Russian heritage.

Damn, I just made myself sound like the biggest nerd ever.

Nah, now I'm more curious to find an analogy for the Dallas Mavericks. Also pick one opponent for the Spurs.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Nah, now I'm more curious to find an analogy for the Dallas Mavericks. Also pick one opponent for the Spurs.

I'd say the Mavericks are most like the Princess from Super Mario Brothers II. Just kidding. I'm a Spurs Homer, what did you expect? The Mavs remind me of Vega from Street Fighter. A high level boss who is really fast and has some crazy offense. The foreign/european flare of Nowitski (like Vega's european roots) gives them a mysterious edge. A tough matchup for for even the most elite kids at the arcade.

The Spurs are most like Lui Kang from Mortal Kombat. Not much flare. A boring fatality when compared to others players. Boring secret moves...but fundamentaly sound and equipped with the proper tools that if used correctly can take you all the way the Final boss.

+2 on my nerd points.

GrandeDavid
10-23-2006, 05:52 PM
The Spurs absolutely HAVE to get back to the Finals this year. From this year on it should only get more and more difficult over the next few years before major roster restructuring time.

And Reggie Miller not picking San Antonio. Go figure. :rolleyes

GrandeDavid
10-23-2006, 06:01 PM

And even if he's fixed, the jury is still out on whether the kid can play tough, playoff caliber D in crunch time.

GrandeDavid
10-23-2006, 06:03 PM

I think without Tim the entire year the Spurs would be fortunate to win 30 games. They'd be so worn down, their aged bench pushed beyond their practical limits and their inexperienced guys like Butler and Elson would be thoroughly exposed without the Tim security coverage.

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Phoenix did last year.

Hmmm...I thought that guy with the two MVP trophy's was there best player? Take Nash away, and leave Amare in there last season...you think they'd still be great? Well, they also still have a Top 15 player in Marion and the MIP in Diaw...

Spurs would probably make the playoffs without TD, they won't be winning anything, but they'd make it. Anyways, let's not jinx anything by debating this :angel

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
His game is all about his athleticism. I don't think he's going to be able to return to form. They are already talking about him skipping rehab sessions, having to have a second surgery on that knee and having bad arthritis in the other one. It's a shame and I hope that I'm wrong about him.

Wow, that's ashame, I didn't realize that he was having all those other problems in addition.

dbestpro
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
No one will be challenging the Heat for the East but the west is up in the air. It's either the Spurs or Dallas.

I beg to differ. Cleveland, Chicago, and New Jersey could all easily surpass Miami.

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 07:48 PM
I beg to differ. Cleveland, Chicago, and New Jersey could all easily surpass Miami.

...Pistons.

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Hmmm...I thought that guy with the two MVP trophy's was there best player? Take Nash away, and leave Amare in there last season...you think they'd still be great? Well, they also still have a Top 15 player in Marion and the MIP in Diaw...

Spurs would probably make the playoffs without TD, they won't be winning anything, but they'd make it. Anyways, let's not jinx anything by debating this :angel

Before he got hurt, Amare was considered the best player on that team and any GM in the league would have taken him over Nash if they could have landed him. Hence, Amare was their best player. Nash makes his teammates better better than anyone in the league, which is why they won w/o their best player.

My point was, Phoenix still made the playoffs w/o the best player, and few teams could do that, especially not the Spurs who have a 40% winning record w/o TD or DRob in the lineup.

dirk4mvp
10-23-2006, 08:14 PM

But you'd be a dumbass to say they're not/were a formidable opponent.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm sorry but their 0-12 franchise playoff record doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart as fan. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word formidable so here's the definition:
1 : causing fear, dread, or apprehension <a formidable prospect>
2 : having qualities that discourage approach or attack
3 : tending to inspire awe or wonder
When they pick up their first ever playoff win then they might be on the road to formidable. They're not really there yet.

Good logic though...you'd be a dumbass if you disargree with me.

dirk4mvp
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry but their 0-12 franchise playoff record doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart as fan. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word formidable so here's the definition:
When they pick up their first ever playoff win then they might be on the road to formidable. They're not really there yet.

Ok, look at who they had to go against those 3 years. Not exactly easy for them.

mavsfan1000
10-23-2006, 09:15 PM

The kings don't fit into that category either.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
The kings don't fit into that category either.

What's your point? What does that have to do with Memphis?

mavsfan1000
10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
What's your point? What does that have to do with Memphis?
The spurs lost 2 games to an average kings team while the mavs sweeped the average Grizzlies team.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2006, 12:03 AM

Yes, because in the playoffs they have won a remarkable 0 games.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
The spurs lost 2 games to an average kings team while the mavs sweeped the average Grizzlies team.

Neither team won the championship and thats all that matters.

lefty
10-24-2006, 03:58 AM
So, if the Spurs meet Miami in the Finals, with Rasho and Nazr gone, who is going to guard Shaq?

Joepa
10-24-2006, 07:59 AM

And then blew a series to an average Heat team.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2006, 08:10 AM
And then blew a series to an average Heat team.
You mean they blowed a series to an average Heat team. :)

cornbread
10-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Did I ever toot my horn about the Spurs beating the Kings? No. Were most Spurs fans happy with the way team played in the first round? No. Once again I ask, what's your point?

I guess the point of your post is that Mavs>Spurs. If that's the case just then just say it. Don't try to beat around the bush by comparing two teams that obviously aren't equal in terms of playoff history and performance.

mavsfan1000
10-24-2006, 12:54 PM
The kings are only thought high of is because they beat the spurs in 2 games. The kings were borderline in missing the playoffs. They got better with Artest but not enough to be a real threat. Dallas owned them in the last meeting during the regular season. Neither the Kings or Grizzlies should've been threats to the mavs or spurs.

Dirk41MVP
10-24-2006, 01:12 PM

That's exactly my point, they were a crappy team that barely made the PO's, and they were supposed to give the mavs huuuge problems and they ended up getting swept. I didn't brag about sweeping them, I just said it to prove those analysts's are a bunch of morons, without credibility at all.

What do you expect Steve Kerr to say ? as somebody said earlier isn't he a part owner of the spurs ?,... i'm sure he's going to go against the team he played for, and now partly owns, just to give credit to another team he has no links with...

But as I said, I hope we're the underdogs again this year according to all those experts, so our guys will stay focused and have that "disrespect" fire under them.
And for whoever said all those "experts" said we wouldn't make the playoffs, you're wrong they counted the mavericks out of the postseason before the season started, citing our rookie coach, dirk's lack of leadership /aggresiveness, etc etc.

cornbread
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
That's exactly my point, they were a crappy team that barely made the PO's, and they were supposed to give the mavs huuuge problems and they ended up getting swept. I didn't brag about sweeping them, I just said it to prove those analysts's are a bunch of morons, without credibility at all.

I was just busting chops with the bragging comment. You are right about credibility of commentators though. Considering their NBA history, personal interests, business investments etc, it's hard to trust their predictions as being unbiased. I don't think you can call them idiots though. Their opinions are far more valid than ours. Unless there's an NBA playoff series that you played in and just haven't told us about yet.

cornbread
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
The kings are only thought high of is because they beat the spurs in 2 games. The kings were borderline in missing the playoffs. They got better with Artest but not enough to be a real threat. Dallas owned them in the last meeting during the regular season. Neither the Kings or Grizzlies should've been threats to the mavs or spurs.

That's not the only reason they're that they're thought highly of. They're also respected because they haven't missed the playoffs in like 8 years. They haven't gone far in the last in the last couple seasons and they've definitely declined recently but they always manage to show up.

The Great Fantastic
10-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Steve Kerr is an investor with the Suns. So why isn't he saying the Suns will win? Could it possibly be it's because he actually believes the Spurs organization is the best in the league? No, he MUST have some money invested in the spurs because that's just an ignorant sentiment.

The Great Fantastic
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
You fucking Mav's fans are really showing your ignorance comparing the Grizz and the Kings of last year. An average Kings team? They were peaking at the exact right time. They won 9 of their last 11 games (including 6 of the last 7 road games.) Ron Artest had them fired up. He was claiming they were the team to beat...and some of the dumbasses on that team believed it. They were not a typical 8 seed.

As for Memphis, yea they won a good amount of regular season games, but come on, they haven't won a SINGLE playoff game. That doesn't strike much fear into opponents. Yea, they were unfortunate enough to play the Spurs in 04 and the Suns in 05. Both great teams. And yes, your Mavs team last year was no exception. But to say the Grizz and the Kings were the same? That's silly.

Plus, any team with Ron Artest is a team to fear....just because you don't know if your star players or you (if you're at the game) are safe. Fuck, I locked my doors when he was in town just in case.

BERSERK
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I wonder why some Mavs are looking at the Grizzlies defeat as though they were a prized trophy kill. The Spurs were whooping their ass (in the previous years playoffs) even before the Mavs were bragging about it. No one is willing to bet that the Grizzlies are the team to beat in the Western Conference. They're a freaking joke! I don't need to tell you that because I'm just telling something you already know. :soapbox:

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-24-2006, 08:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2637652

GM preseason poll: Spurs to win title, LeBron MVP
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The San Antonio Spurs will win another title and LeBron James will capture his first MVP award, according to a preseason poll of NBA general managers.

All but two of the league's 30 general managers responded to the fifth annual NBA.com survey. They also picked Portland's Brandon Roy as the rookie of the year, Pat Riley of Miami as the best coach and Kobe Bryant as the player they want taking a shot with the game on the line.

The Spurs won the 2005 NBA championship but lost to Dallas in last season's Western Conference semifinals. San Antonio was picked by 43 percent of the GMs to regain the title, with the Mavericks getting 29 percent and reigning champion Miami earning 14 percent.

However, the Spurs weren't even predicted to win their own division. The Mavs were the pick as Southwest Division champs by 57 percent of the GMs, with San Antonio at 43 percent.

Other division champion picks were Miami (Southeast), New Jersey (Atlantic), Detroit (Central), Denver (Northwest) and Phoenix (Pacific).

With 39 percent of the vote, James beat out fellow U.S. captain Dwyane Wade (29 percent) as the MVP choice. James was also the choice of 71 percent of the GMs as the player they would want to sign if they were starting a franchise.

Full results of the survey will be available on NBA.com on Wednesday.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Looks like the Spurs are shaping up to be the favorite again this year

mavsfan1000
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I wonder why some Mavs are looking at the Grizzlies defeat as though they were a prized trophy kill. The Spurs were whooping their ass (in the previous years playoffs) even before the Mavs were bragging about it. No one is willing to bet that the Grizzlies are the team to beat in the Western Conference. They're a freaking joke! I don't need to tell you that because I'm just telling something you already know. :soapbox:
Say whatever you want but Gasol took his game to another level last but Dallas found a way to slow him down. The Grizzlies were not easy and the same goes for the kings but San Antonio should've beaten the Kings in 5 games or sweep.

FromWayDowntown
10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2637652

GM preseason poll: Spurs to win title, LeBron MVP
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The San Antonio Spurs will win another title and LeBron James will capture his first MVP award, according to a preseason poll of NBA general managers.

All but two of the league's 30 general managers responded to the fifth annual NBA.com survey. They also picked Portland's Brandon Roy as the rookie of the year, Pat Riley of Miami as the best coach and Kobe Bryant as the player they want taking a shot with the game on the line.

The Spurs won the 2005 NBA championship but lost to Dallas in last season's Western Conference semifinals. San Antonio was picked by 43 percent of the GMs to regain the title, with the Mavericks getting 29 percent and reigning champion Miami earning 14 percent.

However, the Spurs weren't even predicted to win their own division. The Mavs were the pick as Southwest Division champs by 57 percent of the GMs, with San Antonio at 43 percent.

Other division champion picks were Miami (Southeast), New Jersey (Atlantic), Detroit (Central), Denver (Northwest) and Phoenix (Pacific).

With 39 percent of the vote, James beat out fellow U.S. captain Dwyane Wade (29 percent) as the MVP choice. James was also the choice of 71 percent of the GMs as the player they would want to sign if they were starting a franchise.

Full results of the survey will be available on NBA.com on Wednesday.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Looks like the Spurs are shaping up to be the favorite again this year

NBA GM's have absolutely no credibility.

dbreiden83080
10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Say whatever you want but Gasol took his game to another level last but Dallas found a way to slow him down. The Grizzlies were not easy and the same goes for the kings but San Antonio should've beaten the Kings in 5 games or sweep.

Kings were a tough matchup for the Spurs position by position. After beating us you guys should have beat the Suns easy in 5 games, without Amare. Then lost to basically one player, not a team, you should have smoked the Heat big time. Spurs never lost a finals in 3 chances, they were favored all 3 times and they got it done, can't say the same for the Mavs.

dirk4mvp
10-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok. The Grizzlies haven't been good like the Kings for a long time. The Grizz just started winning games 3 years ago, while the Kings have been going to the playoffs for a long time. Therefore, going to the playoffs more times than another team increases the chances of getting more PO wins than a team who has been a pile of shit up until a couple years ago.

mavsfan1000
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
The Kings team also lost to the sonics in 5 games. The suns>kings>grizzlies but still the kings shouldn't have threatened the spurs so much. Especially after the spurs were up 2-0.

dbreiden83080
10-25-2006, 06:03 PM
The Kings team also lost to the sonics in 5 games. The suns>kings>grizzlies but still the kings shouldn't have threatened the spurs so much. Especially after the spurs were up 2-0.

The only question that matters is, why the Mavs beat the better team in the Spurs and then flamed out against the far inferior team in Wade, oops i mean the HEAT.

mavsfan1000
10-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Ask Piston fans the same question. I guess the Wade's I mean the refs tilted the series a little bit.

dbreiden83080
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Ask Piston fans the same question. I guess the Wade's I mean the refs tilted the series a little bit.

Pistons got whipped in that series i don't see your point. The refs screwed you guys a little in the Miami series, after screwing us like crazy in the West Semis. I guess what goes around comes around.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2006, 11:14 PM
The Mavs could have won in the Finals if they hadn't already been planning the parade as soon as they were up 2-0. They got bitchslapped four straight by a way inferior team.

Spurs9
10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
The heat are getting way too old.

Joepa
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM
The Heat will win it all again if Dwade continues to be the poster boy for superstar foul calls.

shaggy17
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
The only question that matters is, why the Mavs beat the better team in the Spurs and then flamed out against the far inferior team in Wade, oops i mean the HEAT.

It wasnt just Wade who beat them. It was their physical play aka Riley Ball which is the Mavs kryptonite. Haslem/Posey harassed the living shit out of Dirk. Hell Riley even put Shaq on Dirk a few times just to give him a hard foul and wear him out alot sooner. Wade did carry that team but you cant forget the contributions that Haslem,Posey,Shaq,Williams, and especially Zo made throughout the last 4 games of that series.

dbreiden83080
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
It wasnt just Wade who beat them. It was their physical play aka Riley Ball which is the Mavs kryptonite. Haslem/Posey harassed the living shit out of Dirk. Hell Riley even put Shaq on Dirk a few times just to give him a hard foul and wear him out alot sooner. Wade did carry that team but you cant forget the contributions that Haslem,Posey,Shaq,Williams, and especially Zo made throughout the last 4 games of that series.

They lost to a way inferior team i think that is pretty much the consensus. To me when Shaq does virtually nothing in the series and you lose in 6 games you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I think the Mavs were so full of themselves after game 2. They were thinking hey we beat the Spurs, who were a much better team than the Heat and now we are up 2-0 this thing is over.