PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Merrimam: 4 games for Roids

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
on ESPN's frontpage under breaking news...

Fillmoe
10-22-2006, 09:07 PM
:lol :lol :lol

wheres sanity at?

DOPED up ass mofuckin chargers...... :lol :lol

their season is done! matter fact i should remove my sig for the chargers cheating against the niners

Pistons < Spurs
10-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other players -- the Falcons' Mark Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

Neither the Chargers, nor Merriman, could be reached for comment Sunday night.

Earlier Sunday the Chargers lost to the Chiefs 30-27 in Kansas City.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
This might drive Sanity to start drinking again.

Fillmoe
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
i actually liked the guy too..... i guess now we wont have to hear those bad childhood stories on ESPN anymore.......

NorCal510
10-22-2006, 09:37 PM
no wonder hes a beast, im disappointed now. hes nothing to me now.

Fillmoe
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/381/214825102905zv9.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Guess that explains why he was such a monster on the field the first several games. Dumbass.

NorCal510
10-22-2006, 11:45 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/381/214825102905zv9.jpg
good 1

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Almost as bad as the Broncos punter getting the boot for Roids. Fucking retards.

TxJudsonRocketTx
10-23-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm guessing that staunch run defense is going to suffer now, but I couldve sworn he wasnt on the field yesterday because LJ ran the ball down the Chargers throats all day anyways

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I'll wait to hear an actual statement before I start to cast any stones. From what I'm reading, Merriman says there was a reason for it. I'm guessing that means he'll say he had an injury he was trying to heal. Who knows, it was a stupid move regardless.

And Fillmoe, their season is hardly over, one man does not make a team. What I'm more dissapointed in is the fact the Shaun Phillips got hurt. Good thing the Chargers are deep at the LB position, they will need all the help they can get. Now if we want to discuss your season being over before it started.............

Fillmoe
10-23-2006, 02:32 PM
I'll wait to hear an actual statement before I start to cast any stones. From what I'm reading, Merriman says there was a reason for it. I'm guessing that means he'll say he had an injury he was trying to heal. Who knows, it was a stupid move regardless.

And Fillmoe, their season is hardly over, one man does not make a team. What I'm more dissapointed in is the fact the Shaun Phillips got hurt. Good thing the Chargers are deep at the LB position, they will need all the help they can get. Now if we want to discuss your season being over before it started.............

yah there was a reason for it... he was trying to be stronger, faster, better then everyone else.....

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
You only get the 4 game suspensions after the NFL gives you at least one warning. Stupid ass went and broke the rules after he had already been caught once.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 03:15 PM
You only get the 4 game suspensions after the NFL gives you at least one warning. Stupid ass went and broke the rules after he had already been caught once.Under the new rules, its four games for your first positive test.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
yah there was a reason for it... he was trying to be stronger, faster, better then everyone else.....
.........or trying to heal an injury. The league has known about this for a while, he wasn't suspended because his case was being appealed. Don't you stop to wonder exactly what he was appealing? I'll wait to hear a statement from the league and Merriman before I hang the guy.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Just heard on NFL network that a league official is saying Merriman might not be suspended after all. Can't find anything in print so take it for what its worth.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
The paperwork for Merriman's suspension hasn't been filed, and nothing is official..........yet ESPN has been reporting since last night that this was all official.:flipoff

Why is it so hard for the media to wait for something to be official before they announce these things. I'm not saying Merriman won't be suspended, he probably will.........but I would love to see him not suspended just to see how ESPN would try and clean up all the egg.

leemajors
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
mortensen was the one reporting he was being suspended. reporters are paid to run with a story.

johnsmith
10-23-2006, 04:44 PM
The paperwork for Merriman's suspension hasn't been filed, and nothing is official..........yet ESPN has been reporting since last night that this was all official.:flipoff

Why is it so hard for the media to wait for something to be official before they announce these things. I'm not saying Merriman won't be suspended, he probably will.........but I would love to see him not suspended just to see how ESPN would try and clean up all the egg.

They'd say nothing in response to it. ESPN is turning into a fucking joke..............yet I watch SC every morning.

Pistons < Spurs
10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
.........or trying to heal an injury. The league has known about this for a while, he wasn't suspended because his case was being appealed. Don't you stop to wonder exactly what he was appealing? I'll wait to hear a statement from the league and Merriman before I hang the guy.

Who cares what he's appealing. He was found to have roids in his system. Period.

He has the right through the collective bargaining agreement to appeal....and I don't blame him for doing so....but that doesn' lend me to be willing to excuse any scenarios in which he needed roids.

The NFL is very plain in their rules and penalties. Hell a Detroit Lion was suspended for diet pills that fell into the "do not use" category.

He needs to drop the appeal, admit that he had something in his body that is not allowed, and move on.

They wouldn't have anything to 'clean up'. League and TEAM sources told Mortensen that he would be suspended. Their job at that point is to report it.

If it turns out that his appeal is succesful, they will likely also be the first to report that is the case.

scott
10-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Ware > A non-Roided Merriman

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Ware = Merriman without half the talent, athleticism, or ability.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Hopefully this incident will smarten and humble him.

On a positive note, I just read that Shaun Phillips calf injury is not as bad as they had first thought. He was supposed to be out for 4-6 weeks but tests came back negative and now he's looking at 2 weeks tops. Just in time for Denver.

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Just in time for Denver.

Phillips won't do shit against the Broncos now that they don't have to game plan for Merriman. He better enjoy life with a tackle and TE double teaming him all night. :smokin

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Phillips won't do shit against the Broncos now that they don't have to game plan for Merriman. He better enjoy life with a tackle and TE double teaming him all night. :smokinWhat does gameplanning for the Merriman have to do with Rivers? If you weren't cute I'd be bagging on you much harder right now.

Last I checked, the Denver offense game plans for Merriman, and the Denver defense game plans for Rivers. Oh yeah, they also have to gameplan for Tomlinson, Turner, and Gates. Shaun Phillips (who was leading the team in sacks) should be back in time for Denver, the game will be an important one for both our teams.

Fabbs
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Marty Shot has already surpassed never before offensive output (for his teams) in the last 3 games.
With the Charger defensive key people out, i hope MmmmartyBall lets the offense go for it in total. The last three games the O calls have been great. Now try to shoot for 40 points every game. Completely free up Phillip Rivers.

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
I think she was talking about Shaun Phillips dumbass....

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:20 PM
What does gameplanning for the Merriman have to do with Rivers? If you weren't cute I'd be bagging on you much harder right now.

Last I checked, the Denver offense game plans for Merriman, and the Denver defense game plans for Rivers. Oh yeah, they also have to gameplan for Tomlinson, Turner, and Gates. Shaun Phillips (who was leading the team in sacks) should be back in time for Denver, the game will be an important one for both our teams.

I wasn't talking about that hottie Philip Rivers, I was talking about Shaun Phillips -- who you even wrote about in you response.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I think she was talking about Shaun Phillips dumbass....
:lol You are right. Now that I've read it closely, it makes more sense. I was trying to figure out how a double team from a tackle and tightend were going to slow Phillip Rivers. S.Philips will still give Denver hell.

Notice how I didn't treat her with any disrespect? Your dumbass comment was a little much no?

Back to the original topic:

I just watched the Merriman press conference. This is taking a strange turn. He says he's done nothing wrong, he can't speak about any of it yet. It appears he's playing against St. Louis next week. Marshall Faulk is listing things legal items that can show up postive in a test...............what the fuck is going on?

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I wasn't talking about that hottie Philip Rivers, I was talking about Shaun Phillips -- who you even wrote about in you response.And I'm glad I didn't talk too much shit.

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
And I'm glad I didn't talk too much shit.

Thus, you should be. I would've been all over your ass.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Thus, you should be.Next time, lets use first and last names to clarify these things

I would've been all over your ass.That doesn't sound like such a bad thing.:wow

BeerIsGood!
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Thus, you should be. I would've been all over your ass.
He's right. You are pretty cute.

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Next time, lets use first and last names to clarify these things

But silly, Phillips is Phillips and Rivers is Rivers, no? I wouldn't call Philip Rivers, Phillips. That'd be retarded and I'm not retarded.

But on topic, Merriman is totally on steroids. He's raging.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:35 PM
But silly, Phillips is Phillips and Rivers is Rivers, no? I wouldn't call Philip Rivers, Phillips. That'd be retarded and I'm not retarded.

But on topic, Merriman is totally on steroids. He's raging.

Eh........guess I just read it too fast.

Merriman is far from raging, I just watched his press conference and he seemed strangely calm. As he was walking off, a reporter shouted, "do you think its a flaw in the test", Merriman said yeah and then went on to say he can't comment anymore.

I still think he'll be suspended but now I'm more curious as to why he's being allowed to play in St. Louis and what the hold up on his suspension is. The suspense is fucking killing me. :pctoss

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Ouch, Lepsis out for the year. Wasn't he your guys best Olineman?

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Eh........guess I just read it too fast.

Merriman is far from raging, I just watched his press conference and he seemed strangely calm. As he was walking off, a reporter shouted, "do you think its a flaw in the test", Merriman said yeah and then went on to say he can't comment anymore.

I still think he'll be suspended but now I'm more curious as to why he's being allowed to play in St. Louis and what the hold up on his suspension is. The suspense is fucking killing me. :pctoss

That is strange. They announce this shit, yet he's still playing the following week. Fucking NFL.

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Ouch, Lepsis out for the year. Wasn't he your guys best Olineman?

It's a son of a bitch, I tell ya. But Broncos will be alright, they've been patching holes in their oline for over a decade.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
That is strange. They announce this shit, yet he's still playing the following week. Fucking NFL.
Something fishy is going on here. :hungry:

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM

Dirty.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
You need to update your avatar with a current mile high salute. I suggest this...............

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/salute.jpg

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
That's kind of cute. But not cute enough to replace TD and Sharpe with.

Pistons < Spurs
10-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Nothing fishy is going on. When a player appeals a league mandated penalty like a suspension, he is still allowed to play until the appeal has run its course.

He is fighting it so that he can play for another week or two.

IMO he'd be smarter to exit right now so that he could come back on Nov. 26th (week 13) and have time to help the Chargers still make the playoffs. The longer he fights it ...a bad A and a bad B sample by the way, which he has no way to argue against... the more he will hurt the teams chances.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/broncs8.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Nothing fishy is going on. When a player appeals a league mandated penalty like a suspension, he is still allowed to play until the appeal has run its course.

He is fighting it so that he can play for another week or two.

IMO he'd be smarter to exit right now so that he could come back on Nov. 26th (week 13) and have time to help the Chargers still make the playoffs. The longer he fights it ...a bad A and a bad B sample by the way, which he has no way to argue against... the more he will hurt the teams chances.

Something strange is going on and until the final word comes out I'll continue to believe that.

They need him against the Rams with Shaun Phillips being out. This allows less games to be played with both of them out. And if Merriman were to sit out immediately and not play against the Rams, his first game back would be against the Raiders. You tell me which game he is needed more.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Just saw this on the local news.........................Kyle Kraska on channel 8 (cbs) just reported that the substance in question was analdrenome (sp?) which is naturally produced by the body. The high level is what drew suspicion from the nfl when they tested him. They said the high level can be produced when you combine intense exercise, a high protein diet and dehydration.

Any body know any info on this analdrenome? :lol, it can't be spelled with anal to start the word..........maybe adrenaldrome, adrenalome? I don't know.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
So I was browsing the NFL's banned substance list and found out that a Chinese Orange is a banned substance. Strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitter_orange

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Just reported on ESPN that Merriman's lawyer is sayin ghe tested postive for Nandrolone.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/nandrolone/nandc.htm

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid that has recently caused a great deal of controversy after a number of big name athletes have been banned from competition after failing tests for this drug. These include Linford Christie, Mark Richardson and Dougie Walker (all well known British sprinters), Merlene Ottey (the Jamaican former 200 m world champion), and Dieter Baumann (the German 500 m runner). After protesting their innocence, all were subsequently cleared by their national athletics organisations, although the International Amateur Athletics Federation fueled the controversy further by overturning the reinstatement of Christie and Walker. As well as athletes, French soccer star Christophe Dugarry tested positive for nandrolone after a match last year, and following a Wimbledon quarter final in 1998 Czech tennis player Petr Korda also failed a test. But the fact that so many sportsmen have tested positive for the same substance in such a short space of time has led to speculation that the testing procedure may be flawed, or inaccurate.

British sprinter Linford Christie, who controversially failed a test for nandrolone earlier this year.

The drug known as nandrolone (also known commercially as Deca-Durabolin) has the IUPAC name 17b-hydroxy-19-nor-4-andro-sten-3-one, and is an anabolic steroid (a muscle-building chemical) which occurs naturally in the human body, but only in tiny quantities. It is very similar in structure to the male hormone testosterone, and has many of the same effects in terms of increasing muscle mass, without some of the more unwanted side-effects such as increased body hair or aggressive behaviour. As such, it is being actively examined in clinical tests as a possible treatment for wasting diseases, and to strengthen and increase body tissue and musculature in HIV infected men. In this form it is usually injected in its decanoate form, after first being dissolved in a suitable edible oil.

However, what is detected in the drug tests is the metabolism product of this molecule, called 19-norandrosterone, which is excreted from the body in urine, making it easy to obtain samples. A limit of 2 ng per ml of urine (set by the International Olympic Committee) is the maximum concentration thought possible to occur in human body by 'natural means', and if this is exceeded the drug test is considered positive. Since some samples given by athletes have shown levels up to 100 times higher than this, the conclusion is that the athletes must have been taking extra quantities of the drug to enhance their performance.

Pistons < Spurs
10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman apologized to his teammates Monday, a day after ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that the second-year Pro Bowl player faces a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's steroids and related substances policy.

Merriman said he wanted to take responsibility for what happened, and will appeal any suspension levied by the league, thereby maintaining his right to practice and play until the case is decided.

Merriman's lawyer, David Cornwell, blamed the positive test on a banned substance called nandrolone, and said Merriman unwittingly ingested the substance since it was contained in one of his supplements. Nandrolone, however, is an anabolic steroid and is on the list of the NFL's banned substances.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other NFL players -- the Falcons' Matt Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

"Per the collective bargaining agreement, the Chargers aren't allowed to comment on reports or results involving the league's substance abuse policy," Chargers spokesman Bill Johnston said Sunday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636523

Pistons < Spurs
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
As far as I'm concerned, he has no basis for an appeal. He admits to injesting it. Knowingly or not. A professional athlete has a responsibility to himslef and his teamates to know what he's injesting.

Ignorance of what he put into his system does not excuse the mistake.

Pistons < Spurs
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Merriman said he wanted to take responsibility for what happened, and will appeal any suspension levied by the league, thereby maintaining his right to practice and play until the case is decided.

How do you take responsibility for your actions, and in the same breath say that you're going to fight the suspension. :rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Lawyer: Merriman drug test stems from supplement

Shawne Merriman's attorney said the Chargers' star linebacker failed a drug test because of a tainted supplement and will continue to play while appealing his four-game suspension.

Attorney David Cornwell said he believed Merriman tested positive for the steroid nandrolone, which is prohibited under the NFL's substance abuse policy. Cornwell said the substance was in a supplement Merriman has been taking.

"He did not go into the back alley somewhere and put a needle in his butt for steroids," Cornwell said at a news conference Monday, nearly two hours after Merriman practiced with the Chargers following Sunday's 30-27 loss at Kansas City.

Merriman said he spoke with his teammates and coaches earlier in the day, and "apologized to them for this being a distraction, especially the critical time we're going through as a team."

"Hopefully nobody makes any kind of judgment or anything that basically makes me guilty for anything because nothing has been done wrong on my part," Merriman said. "And I will try to get it straightened out as soon as possible. As of right now I'm not missing any time."

The 22-year-old Merriman was last year's NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and started in the Pro Bowl after leading the Chargers with 10 sacks. Merriman is second on the team with 5 1/2 sacks.

"I have no reason to do anything wrong, especially when I'm already in the spotlight and doing things and trying to present to people the right and wrong way to go about things," Merriman said. "This is obviously a mistake that has to be dealt with correctly."

Cornwell said nandrolone "is the primary culprit in tainted supplements."

"I know that people get tired of hearing it, but it is a fact and it is not going to go away until the Congress of the United States deals with it," Cornwell said. "Supplements are not regulated and it is a dirty fact of this industry that many of them are tainted with prohibited substances and men like Shawne get hooked up and get penalized for taking something that they didn't know was present in the supplement.

"That's why this is such an evil process," the attorney said. "He has been playing, unwittingly, Russian roulette with his career because he's been taking the same supplements, and it has been subjected to testing, and hasn't yielded a positive test. So he thought the supplements that he was taking were as safe."

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 09:19 PM
As far as I'm concerned, he has no basis for an appeal. He admits to injesting it. Knowingly or not. A professional athlete has a responsibility to himslef and his teamates to know what he's injesting.

Ignorance of what he put into his system does not excuse the mistake.

Why so much hate on the guy? He said he did nothing wrong and it looks like he was being truthful. He had been tested before using the same supplement and never tested positive. From what I'm reading, supplements aren't strictly regulated and can be dirty.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension

I'd love to know who Mortenson's source was who said it was definitely steroids. What a fucking joke.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 09:23 PM
More on nandrolone:

A much more likely theory has recently emerged from the results of a preliminary investigation at Aberdeen University. The findings are that dietary supplements themselves are harmless and produce no increased levels of nandrolone. Exercise alone, too, doesn't cause any problems.

But a combination of both dietary supplements (none of which contain a banned substance) and exercise, can result in a positive nandrolone test.

The reason for this is still unclear, but one theory is that there is a link between heavy training, the dehydration that goes with it, and their effects upon the components of high protein diets. Until more work is done, however, the 'nandrolone mystery' goes on...

leemajors
10-23-2006, 09:27 PM

huh? ware is every bit as talented and athletic as merriman. he's not playing the same position he did in college.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 09:47 PM

because he is a Cowboy no doubt....if he was a Bronco...he would he all-World. :)

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
because he is a Cowboy no doubt....if he was a Bronco...he would he all-World. :)
Nope, he'd still be nowhere near as good as merriman. Not many in the league are.

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
So where did all the posters go that assumed (per ESPN) that Merriman was sticking a needle in his ass?

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
agreed and I think Merriman is better but I think Ware is pretty good and alot of the "experts" have said the same.

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Never said Ware wasn't good. He's got 2 sacks from the edge rush position. He's badass. He's still nowhere as good as Merriman. Which was the point of my post. What are we arguing here?

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't think Ware is "half the player" Merriman is. I think he is almost as good. I guess its all in the perspective.

and as we are talking...he sacks Eli. :)

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
damn, make that 3 sacks.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
its like he was listening to us! :lol

RedStripe
10-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Booooooooo on dirty supplements..........................Hooray Beer!!!

TheSanityAnnex
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
www.signonsandiego.com

The Chargers received better news than expected when tests revealed linebacker Shaun Phillips' calf strain might not be as severe as initially suspected.

Phillips' expected recovery time of four weeks could take half as long.

“It does not appear to be as bad as we thought it might be,” head coach Marty Schottenheimer said.

If that is the case, the Chargers might never be without both of their starting outside linebackers at the same time.
Shawne Merriman's appeal hearing to contest his testing positive for a banned substance is scheduled for Nov. 7, which means he is eligible to play in at least the next two games.

Fillmoe
10-24-2006, 11:00 AM
www.signonsandiego.com

The Chargers received better news than expected when tests revealed linebacker Shaun Phillips' calf strain might not be as severe as initially suspected.

Phillips' expected recovery time of four weeks could take half as long.

“It does not appear to be as bad as we thought it might be,” head coach Marty Schottenheimer said.

If that is the case, the Chargers might never be without both of their starting outside linebackers at the same time.
Shawne Merriman's appeal hearing to contest his testing positive for a banned substance is scheduled for Nov. 7, which means he is eligible to play in at least the next two games.

everyone who is accused denies using it...

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 11:03 AM
everyone who is accused denies using it...

See Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Bill Romanowski, shit, we could go on with this list forever. Funny thing though is that later on, they usually wind up admitting it after all.

johnsmith
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
And can we please call an end to the Fillmoe signature thing. That fucking thing, while funnier then shit, is starting to really gross me out.

Fillmoe
10-24-2006, 08:36 PM
And can we please call an end to the Fillmoe signature thing. That fucking thing, while funnier then shit, is starting to really gross me out.

just wait til sunday or turn ur avys off......

leemajors
10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
merriman drops appeal, will serve suspension...

Fillmoe
11-01-2006, 12:09 AM
fucking dopehead

ducks
11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
merriman drops appeal, will serve suspension...
no way he wins
will be back against denver

POOR PLUMMER :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :devil

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 01:39 PM
POOR PLUMMER :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :devilWell rested too.

Smart move to drop the appeal at the time he did. Not needed against the Browns and just in time for Denver.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Well rested too.

Smart move to drop the appeal at the time he did. Not needed against the Browns and just in time for Denver.

I wonder if he'll have post cycle man boobs when he comes back?

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I wonder if he'll have post cycle man boobs when he comes back?Won't matter as long as Plummer's passer rating remains at the bottom of the league.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Won't matter as long as Plummer's passer rating remains at the bottom of the league.

Well well well SA, it seems the Chargers vs. Broncos showdown trash talking is getting ready to begin. I think I'll choose to sit it out until the week of the game, but from then on, let the games begin...............Marty ball Marty ball Marty ball Marty ball..........

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Well well well SA, it seems the Chargers vs. Broncos showdown trash talking is getting ready to begin. I think I'll choose to sit it out until the week of the game, but from then on, let the games begin...............Marty ball Marty ball Marty ball Marty ball..........

I too will wait until the week is upon us.

And if you haven't noticed..........Martyball is dead and Jake Plummer still sucks.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I too will wait until the week is upon us.

And if you haven't noticed..........Martyball is dead and Jake Plummer still sucks.

:lol :lol :lol

That one cracked me up, well played Sanity..........

But Jake didn't suck enough to take two from them last season..........plus, Marty ball always shows up against the Broncos. Ok, enough.

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
So now were talking about last year.....................well, you got me then. Nothing I can say to that. I usually try and discuss the present season but to each his own.

Until game week...

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
So now were talking about last year.....................well, you got me then. Nothing I can say to that. I usually try and discuss the present season but to each his own.

Until game week...

:lol :lol

I fucking hate when people throw that damn picture out to use against Broncos fans.

samikeyp
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Jake sucks but that Bronco D is pretty good.

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 02:42 PM

The worst part about Jake's play is that Broncos fans have basically given up on even defending him. We are the first to acknowledge that he blows and it's even more frustrating because of the talent we have currently riding the bench.

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
The worst part about Jake's play is that Broncos fans have basically given up on even defending him.He gave you guys the finger :flipoff :lol, how could you ever defend him?

johnsmith
11-01-2006, 03:03 PM
He gave you guys the finger :flipoff :lol, how could you ever defend him?

You know, I had completely forgot about that until now. But you have to kind of stick up for your own players on your favorite team. I stuck for Romanowski too, and that guys a piece of dog shit.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM

I didn't notice. Peyton made them look like the James Logan High squad.

leemajors
11-01-2006, 05:21 PM
martyball happens when you expect it too, playoffs. we'll see if it's gone then.

TheSanityAnnex
11-01-2006, 06:57 PM
martyball happens when you expect it too, playoffs. we'll see if it's gone then.
Martyball has happened his whole career, regular season and playoffs. I think the Ravens loss really opened his eyes and realized he still has to put points on the board rather than kill clock. Marty has been running the scoreboard up lately if you haven't noticed (1st in the AFC in points scored), that doesn't happen with old Martyball.

Slinkyman
11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Martyball has happened his whole career, regular season and playoffs. I think the Ravens loss really opened his eyes and realized he still has to put points on the board rather than kill clock. Marty has been running the scoreboard up lately if you haven't noticed (1st in the AFC in points scored), that doesn't happen with old Martyball.

40 points against tennesse and 48 against SF.