PDA

View Full Version : LA Sports SUCKS

freemeat
10-23-2006, 03:52 AM
I've lived in LA for a few months short of two years. I LOVE San Antonio (my home).

I know the Spurs history with Jack Haley -- I actually even passed him in the hall in Staples as I attended a Spurs-Clippers game (the one in '05 where Big Shot decided to show up).

Anyway, he was just on a Lakers program (TV show) talking about the Lakers future...he said that, aside from Dallas and San Antonio, the Lakers will have to worry about Houston and Sacramento. In his explanation, he stated that since, "Since the Rockets picked up Bonzi Wells and Bruce Bowen...the Lakers will have something to deal with" ya da ya da ya da

Obviously he meant Battier, but seriously, how dumb can you be?

If you like the team, you know who's on it and who they're facing.

I wanna see Spurs V. Bulls in the finals. I don't expect anyhing more than amazing spectacles from this team this season.

gospursgojas
10-23-2006, 04:54 AM
You didn't hear that we traded Bruce for Skip to My Lou.....

cornbread
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Are trying to tell me that Jack Haley was hired in an actual position where it is not his responsibility to be Dennis Rodman's personal cheerleader and bff? I don't believe it.

LilMissSPURfect
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
BULLS AND SPURS sounds good!

baseline bum
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Haley's a jackass. Everything he says is prefaced by "I was there" like he ever had a meaningful role in the NBA. When Kobe Bryant scored 56 in 3 quarters against Memphis in 2003, he started fellating Kobe and talking about how he had class, and then started bagging on David for scoring 71 when the dumbass was right there, cheering his every move.

LakeShow
10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Haley's a jackass. Everything he says is prefaced by "I was there" like he ever had a meaningful role in the NBA. When Kobe Bryant scored 56 in 3 quarters against Memphis in 2003, he started fellating Kobe and talking about how he had class, and then started bagging on David for scoring 71 when the dumbass was right there, cheering his every move.

That was two totally different situations. Robinson's was done to win a scoring title on the last regular season game, against one of the worst teams in the league at that time. It did not change anything for the Spurs in the standings whether they won or lost. That was classless! It was only fitting that they were defeated by the Jazz.

What would you expect Haley to do when he was employed by the spurs? Boo Drob? :rolleyes

LakeShow
10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I've lived in LA for a few months short of two years. I LOVE San Antonio (my home).

I know the Spurs history with Jack Haley -- I actually even passed him in the hall in Staples as I attended a Spurs-Clippers game (the one in '05 where Big Shot decided to show up).

Anyway, he was just on a Lakers program (TV show) talking about the Lakers future...he said that, aside from Dallas and San Antonio, the Lakers will have to worry about Houston and Sacramento. In his explanation, he stated that since, "Since the Rockets picked up Bonzi Wells and Bruce Bowen...the Lakers will have something to deal with" ya da ya da ya da

Obviously he meant Battier, but seriously, how dumb can you be?

If you like the team, you know who's on it and who they're facing.

I wanna see Spurs V. Bulls in the finals. I don't expect anyhing more than amazing spectacles from this team this season.

And That makes LA Sports Suck? :rolleyes

freemeat
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Ok -- When the fans show up in the 2nd quarter and leave with 5+ minutes left in the 4th, that's retarded.

A few weeks ago, with the Dodgers down big in the ninth inning, the their stadium was half-empty. They suddenly knocked out 4 home runs to mount one of the greatest comebacks in baseball history. The local station broadcasting the game was more concerned with showing the fans returning to the game than revealing the relevance of the game. If that isn't stupid, I don't know what is.

Oh, and I just heard Jerry Buss say that he doesn't care what other teams are doing. The Lakers are "going to be special...going to the finals." I know you wanna pump your fans in the off-season. But stop giving them handjobs.

freemeat
10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
By the way, when most of your arena is sold-out to corporations carrying season tickets so they can impress clients, girlfriends, friends, etc...? You start to exclude your real fans. The Lakers don't seem to mind. Neither do their true fans.

I watched Kobe's 81-point game. I thought it was special. I have a friend who is a fan that was actually at the game. He saw it live. He was disappointed because he went with someone who invited him along who was trying to offer him a job. Since it was the Raptors, they showed up at halftime...and left in the 4th. When a real fan can't watch one of the greatest moments in franchise history? That sucks.

LOS ANGELES SPORTS BLOWS ASS!

TheSanityAnnex
10-23-2006, 03:29 PM
And That makes LA Sports Suck? :rolleyesExactly.

Now I hate LA sports, but my reasons actually make sense.

San Antonio Sports SUCK!!! My plane was once delayed there.

freemeat
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
This town used to have 2 football teams...

Now the city cheers for the Oakland Raiders -- sounds like fun.

cornbread
10-23-2006, 06:39 PM
That was two totally different situations. Robinson's was done to win a scoring title on the last regular season game, against one of the worst teams in the league at that time. It did not change anything for the Spurs in the standings whether they won or lost. That was classless! It was only fitting that they were defeated by the Jazz.

What would you expect Haley to do when he was employed by the spurs? Boo Drob? :rolleyes

Quit your crying. :cry I guess you're still pissed that Shaq didn't win the scoring title that year. I remember how much Shaq whined and cried after the 71 point game. Follow the example set.

As far as Jack Haley goes, Baseline Bum was just pointing out that the guy's a hypocrite who shouldn't even be allowed to utter the name of a player like D-Rob. Especially when mentioned in a negative way. Seriously, look that shit up on youtube and see who the first the person is that runs off the bench to congratulate Robinson we he leaves the game.

I find it terribly ironic that you referred to DRob as "classless" while defending Kobe Bryant. By the way, it was only fitting that the Lakers collapsed against the Suns due to Kobe being a f*cking head case.

conqueso
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I find it terribly ironic that you referred to DRob as "classless" while defending Kobe Bryant.

That shit is right on the money.

Plus, I have the impression is was more Lucas pushing Robinson to do it since he knew Robinson wouldn't have ever thought to try for 70+ to win the scoring title on the last night of the season. Lucas thought that shit meant something, DRob never did.

LakeShow
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok -- When the fans show up in the 2nd quarter and leave with 5+ minutes left in the 4th, that's retarded.

A few weeks ago, with the Dodgers down big in the ninth inning, the their stadium was half-empty. They suddenly knocked out 4 home runs to mount one of the greatest comebacks in baseball history. The local station broadcasting the game was more concerned with showing the fans returning to the game than revealing the relevance of the game. If that isn't stupid, I don't know what is.

Oh, and I just heard Jerry Buss say that he doesn't care what other teams are doing. The Lakers are "going to be special...going to the finals." I know you wanna pump your fans in the off-season. But stop giving them handjobs.

It's pretty obvious that you dont have a clue. In LA we have a thing called "Traffic" that affects our ability to be on time to all events. The Staples center is located in downtown LA. Lakers fans live as far as 2 hours from downtown. Now picture yourself getting off of work at 5pm and you live an hour away from the Staples center for a 7:30 game. 3-6:30 is rush hour in LA, so you can add an extra hour to your travel time. Now you stop by the house, change clothes and take care of everything that you need to before you take off, let's say that will take about an hour, now you're looking at getting to the Staples center at 8pm. By the time you get to your seats the second quarter has started. That's life in LA!

As far as leaving early, it's for the same reasons. Trying to get a jump on the congested traffic that will add another hour to your long ride home. Now the local station showing fans coming back to their seats is news in LA. It meant that fans didn't care about all of the above to see their team win.

Jerry Buss has every reason to be excited about his team. I predicted the Lakers will be back on top in 2007, I still believe that. One more year for Bynum to learn the game and the lakers will be going for Championship number 15!

LakeShow
10-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Quit your crying. :cry I guess you're still pissed that Shaq didn't win the scoring title that year. I remember how much Shaq whined and cried after the 71 point game. Follow the example set.

As far as Jack Haley goes, Baseline Bum was just pointing out that the guy's a hypocrite who shouldn't even be allowed to utter the name of a player like D-Rob. Especially when mentioned in a negative way. Seriously, look that shit up on youtube and see who the first the person is that runs off the bench to congratulate Robinson we he leaves the game.

I find it terribly ironic that you referred to DRob as "classless" while defending Kobe Bryant. By the way, it was only fitting that the Lakers collapsed against the Suns due to Kobe being a f*cking head case.

I'm not pissed at all. Some people will take a title anyway they can get it, deserving or not. Kind of like Sura and Ricky Davis throwing the ball off the other teams backboard to pad their stats. Drob's performance is comparable to those guys. It is, what it is!

Joepa
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
By the way, when most of your arena is sold-out to corporations carrying season tickets so they can impress clients, girlfriends, friends, etc...? You start to exclude your real fans. The Lakers don't seem to mind. Neither do their true fans.

I watched Kobe's 81-point game. I thought it was special. I have a friend who is a fan that was actually at the game. He saw it live. He was disappointed because he went with someone who invited him along who was trying to offer him a job. Since it was the Raptors, they showed up at halftime...and left in the 4th. When a real fan can't watch one of the greatest moments in franchise history? That sucks.

LOS ANGELES SPORTS BLOWS ASS!

Wow. I didn't know the Lakers had true fans, outside of Jack Nicholson. That city is all about glamour and image, and people want to be seen at the game.

cornbread
10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not pissed at all. Some people will take a title anyway they can get it, deserving or not. Kind of like Sura and Ricky Davis throwing the ball off the other teams backboard to pad their stats. Drob's performance is comparable to those guys. It is, what it is!

There's only one way to take a scoring title and that's to score the most points. Robinson scored the most points. He won the scoring title. He was deserving. It's the essence of basketball. The most points wins.

It's not he like played in the Kobe big game style where you run the ball down the court, get double or triple teamed, ignore your teammates and fire up every shot. DRob's team fed him the ball on every possesion and he shot like 65%. Coach Lucas also encouraged the team to feed and Robinson to score. What should he have done? Pulled himself from the game?

You must think that Wilt's 100 point game is the most despicable performance in league history, at least it would seem that way according to your logic.

To compare that game and scoring title to Bobby Sura intentionally throwing the ball off the backboard to get a fake rebound is a pretty lame attempt to discredit the accomplishment.

2Cleva
10-24-2006, 04:16 PM
This thread is pointless other than people throwing out typical stereotypes of fans and not thinking it through. A simple big city vs small town pissing contest.

Just because you like or dislike the Lakers or the Spurs, your personal opinion doesn't reflect the scene.

Hate the stars, wish you had your own. Hate the publicity, wish you had your own. Hate the diehards, wish you had your own. Make fun of celebs, wish you had your own. Ignore the diehards, feel like you're the only ones. Embarassed by celebs, wish you were smalltown.

Blah, blah, blah and STFU.

(Kori - Sorry if I was over the top, I forget the forum decorrum).

freemeat
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
It's pretty obvious that you dont have a clue. In LA we have a thing called "Traffic" that affects our ability to be on time to all events. The Staples center is located in downtown LA. Lakers fans live as far as 2 hours from downtown. Now picture yourself getting off of work at 5pm and you live an hour away from the Staples center for a 7:30 game. 3-6:30 is rush hour in LA, so you can add an extra hour to your travel time. Now you stop by the house, change clothes and take care of everything that you need to before you take off, let's say that will take about an hour, now you're looking at getting to the Staples center at 8pm. By the time you get to your seats the second quarter has started. That's life in LA!

As far as leaving early, it's for the same reasons. Trying to get a jump on the congested traffic that will add another hour to your long ride home. Now the local station showing fans coming back to their seats is news in LA. It meant that fans didn't care about all of the above to see their team win.

Jerry Buss has every reason to be excited about his team. I predicted the Lakers will be back on top in 2007, I still believe that. One more year for Bynum to learn the game and the lakers will be going for Championship number 15!

I live in LA. I've gone to many games at the Staples Center. I have a job that requires no less than at least 50 hours a week. I manage to show up at least an hour early every single time. By the way, if it's the traffic that's slowing people down to "all events", how do you get to work on time?

Also, why (even with traffic leaving Staples) would you ever leave your team in the 4th quarter? I can't explain that.

SequSpur
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
But I thought Dusty was there?

LakeShow
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I live in LA. I've gone to many games at the Staples Center. I have a job that requires no less than at least 50 hours a week. I manage to show up at least an hour early every single time. By the way, if it's the traffic that's slowing people down to "all events", how do you get to work on time?
Also, why (even with traffic leaving Staples) would you ever leave your team in the 4th quarter? I can't explain that.

You get to work on time by allowing yourself enough time, (traffic included) to get there. You do no have that option to go to a lakers game. I for one would not leave work early for 82 days just to go to a lakers game. I need the job more than I need to see the lakers live.

I personally would not leave before the game is over but I understand those who do.

Chris Childs
10-25-2006, 11:36 AM
The topic title says it all!

Kori Ellis
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
You get to work on time by allowing yourself enough time, (traffic included) to get there. You do no have that option to go to a lakers game. I for one would not leave work early for 82 days just to go to a lakers game. I need the job more than I need to see the lakers live.

I personally would not leave before the game is over but I understand those who do.

I have to agree with Lakeshow. I had season tickets to the Lakers (and Clippers) for several years. My office was in Beverly Hills (Wilshire and LaCienega) and sometimes I could leave work at 6pm and not make it tipoff at 7:30pm.

Sometimes you just physically can't allow enough to time to get there because of traffic.

As for leaving early, I don't think anyone should leave games early, but tons of fans do it here in San Antonio too.

LakeShow
10-25-2006, 11:55 AM
There's only one way to take a scoring title and that's to score the most points. Robinson scored the most points. He won the scoring title. He was deserving. It's the essence of basketball. The most points wins.

It's not he like played in the Kobe big game style where you run the ball down the court, get double or triple teamed, ignore your teammates and fire up every shot. DRob's team fed him the ball on every possesion and he shot like 65%. Coach Lucas also encouraged the team to feed and Robinson to score. What should he have done? Pulled himself from the game?

You must think that Wilt's 100 point game is the most despicable performance in league history, at least it would seem that way according to your logic.

To compare that game and scoring title to Bobby Sura intentionally throwing the ball off the backboard to get a fake rebound is a pretty lame attempt to discredit the accomplishment.

That is exactly what he should have done. The game was not in question and the playoffs started the next week.

Hey, but thats the past, Drob was a great player in his day and I wont blemish his accomplishment in this league for that one error in judgement. He got the title, end of story!

Kori Ellis
10-25-2006, 12:03 PM
It's not he like played in the Kobe big game style where you run the ball down the court, get double or triple teamed, ignore your teammates and fire up every shot. DRob's team fed him the ball on every possesion and he shot like 65%.

I don't get the point of bashing Kobe in this post.

Kobe's 81 point game he shot 28/46.
David's 71 point game he shot 26/41.

Pretty similar.

(Maybe you were just referencing Kobe in general?)

samikeyp
10-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think anyone should leave games early,

amen. I am one of those that stick to the end, even in losses.

Sportcamper
10-25-2006, 01:01 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are the premier professional basketball team based in Los Angeles, California, who play in the National Basketball Association (NBA)... The Lakers are notable for having (at the end of the 2005–06 season) the most wins (2,806), the highest winning percentage (61.5%), the most finals appearances (28), and the second most championships (14) of any franchise behind their chief rivals the Boston Celtics... They also hold the record for the longest consecutive win streak (33) in U.S. professional team sports... Notably, the franchise is known for attracting the most fans & celebrities of any other sports franchise in the world...Every home & road game they play is before an arena of adoring fans... :wakeup

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/39/180px-BussLA.jpg