PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Tuesday Plans To Roll In To SA Market

davi78239
10-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Just saw the SA Business Journal and it states that we will be getting the franchise here, all they need is to find the real estate and franchisees to get going. Finally getting em here after what 2 decades? Just bored here at the moment and thought yall might wanna know.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
There was a Ruby Tuesday in Corpus a few years ago. I ate there once and I didn't think it was too special. Actually, most people probably didn't think much of it since it closed down.

davi78239
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Really in Corpus? I know they had one in Austin but that one bit the dust a few years ago. I'm surprised Corpus would get something like that before San Antonio. You're not mistaking it for another restaurant are you?

sa_butta
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Its about time, we are always getting regional advertisements on TV.

samikeyp
We have one here in Lansing and I am anxious to try it out.

What we don't have is Sonic! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

davi78239
Its about time, we are always getting regional advertisements on TV.

Word. I've always noticed that too.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Really in Corpus? I know they had one in Austin but that one bit the dust a few years ago. I'm surprised Corpus would get something like that before San Antonio. You're not mistaking it for another restaurant are you?

What am I? A fucking idiot? I know what I'm talking about.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
http://www.coastalbendhealth.com/2001/june/12/today/business/2629.html

This is an article talking about the Bennigans that was built where the Ruby Tuesday was.

Dickhead.

Tuesday, June 12, 2001
Bennigan's restaurant plans to open this summer
Victoria firm that owns franchise rights plans to remodel the building that was Ruby Tuesday

By Naomi Snyder
Caller-Times

Corpus Christi will get its first Bennigan's this summer, a casual dining restaurant chain with an Irish theme planned for the former Ruby Tuesday location near Padre Staples Mall.
Doug Giles, director of operations for the franchise company, said Monday it was only a matter of time before the city got a Bennigan's.
For one, the restaurant chain is based in Plano. For another, the franchisee, Diversified Restaurant Group of Victoria, purchased the franchise for South Texas two years ago with plans to expand into Corpus Christi. The restaurant will be the third Bennigan's for the franchise group and the 15th restaurant for a company whose brands include Church's Chicken and Mr. Gatti's.
"All we ever hear is: 'When is Bennigan's coming to Corpus Christi?''' Giles said. "Whenever I come down wearing a Bennigan's T-shirt people ask me the question.''
Diversified Restaurant Group is putting $1.5 million to $2 million into renovating the building at 5214 S. Padre Island Drive, between International House of Pancakes and Olive Garden.
Seating for 220 people
The company is tearing down almost everything except the foundation and the walls, and moving some walls to add about 1,000 square feet of space for a 5,700 square foot building. The restaurant then will have seating for up to 220 people. Roth Construction Co. in Victoria is the general contractor, but Giles said subcontractors are from the Corpus Christi area.
Initially, about 150 employees will be needed to open the restaurant in mid- to late August, Giles said. The employment level, about half part-time and half full-time, will level out to about 75 people after the restaurant goes through an initial training period for new employees.
The new restaurant will include new carpeting and hardwood floors in the bar area, and a total redesign. That's not to mention beer. In keeping with the theme that an Irish restaurant ought to have lots of beer, Bennigan's will keep 20 varieties on tap and about 50 to 60 brands in total.
"We're installing a whole designated cooler just for the beer,'' Giles said.
Death by Chocolate
The restaurant's menu is known for sandwiches such as the Monte Cristo, steak, and the registered trademark Death by Chocolate dessert.
Bennigan's will be hiring in mid-July on site for its jobs but Giles declined to divulge wage information.
Tim Clower, president of The Clower Co., who brokered the sale of the building for the Joslin Estate, said it took about six months to a year to sell the building in the prime location near the mall. He said it took that long because he was cautious about finding a buyer who would be able to pay for the building. It had been empty about 18 months, he said.

Vizzini
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM

There isn't one in the entire state of Michigan. I have longed for the day to be able to just try it out seeing that I've seen those damn commercials they've run for the past five years.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 12:06 PM
I know. The closest one is in Fort Wayne. There is also a Taco Cabana there....that kinda scares me.

sa_butta
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I know. The closest one is in Fort Wayne. There is also a Taco Cabana there....that kinda scares me.I thought TC was the TEX-MEX patio cafe, what does that have to do with Indiana?

davi78239
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
What am I? A fucking idiot? I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying your an idot. I believe you. I'm just surprised that corpus would get one before we ever did.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm not saying your an idot. I believe you. I'm just surprised that corpus would get one before we ever did.

I don't think I like your tone.

Jimcs50
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM

I think he had it confused with another chain that would get to Corpus:

Brown Sugar

:)

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
God damn you all. I don't have anything confused. There was a fucking Ruby Tuesday in Corpus.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-23-2006, 01:09 PM

We FINALLY got one in the L.A. area not too long ago.
Unfortunately for me, it's still too inconvenient to get to from where I live.
:depressed

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Sonic is over rated.

jman3000
10-23-2006, 01:11 PM
it's my school of thought that all the places with old pop culture memorabilia on the walls and a seperate bar are the same damn restaurant.

METALMiKE
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
It's going to be at The Rim I believe. :toast

IceColdBrewski
10-23-2006, 04:12 PM

Ouch. Life without the occasional cherry limeade must really suck. But don't they have a ton of "Culver's" up in that part of the country? I'll take Culver's over Sonic any day. :drool:

Melmart1
10-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Eh, they had Ruby Tuesday's in Virginia when I lived there and it was really popular, but I didn't think it was anything special. The food was comparable to TGI Friday's.

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
We don't need anymore dang chain burger joints.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I thought TC was the TEX-MEX patio cafe, what does that have to do with Indiana?

which is why it scares me! :)

ShoogarBear
10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Ruby Tuesday's? :lol

WGAF?

TGI Friday's, Bennigan's, they're all the same.

Are you hoping for a Chi-Chi's, too?

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
TGIF kicks ass because of the Jack Daniels shit.

samikeyp
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Personally, I am a big fan of Chi-Chi's.

Oh....is that a restaurant? :)

Good 'N Plenty
10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm happy with a burger from EZ's.

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Ruby Tuesday's? :lol

WGAF?

TGI Friday's, Bennigan's, they're all the same.

Are you hoping for a Chi-Chi's, too?

:lol Hey, Ruby Tuesday's is the best out of those 3...they have a great salad bar :tu

BTW, didn't all Chi-Chi's close down? I know the ones where I live did....I miss their Margherita's :(

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Sonic is over rated.

You go to hell and you die.

The absolute best fast-food burger out there. Great tots and drinks, a bunch of cute car-hops.

Yes, you go to hell and you die.

katyon6th
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
You go to hell and you die.

The absolute best fast-food burger out there. Great tots and drinks, a bunch of cute car-hops.

Yes, you go to hell and you die.

Absolute best fast-food burger out there? Hmm. I'm gonna disagree and go with Whataburger on that one. But they do have great tots and drinks. And the car-hops on skates are the coolest.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Absolute best fast-food burger out there? Hmm. I'm gonna disagree and go with Whataburger on that one. But they do have great tots and drinks. And the car-hops on skates are the coolest.

I'd be likely to agree with you had it not been for my last three trips to Whataburger where they screwed up my order.

And the Sonic #2 burger is made with double cheese without asking for it, unlike Whataburger.

sa_butta
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd be likely to agree with you had it not been for my last three trips to Whataburger where they screwed up my order.

And the Sonic #2 burger is made with double cheese without asking for it, unlike Whataburger.So is a Jumbo Jack and that aint the best burger, unless you are drunk.

1Parker1
10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
We don't have a Sonic here...but those damn commercials make me thirsty and craving a milkshake everytime wishing that we had one around here...

But we have WAWA's so ha!

Bob Lanier
10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Movin' on up!

ShoogarBear
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Whataburger's are the best, unless I want a little less on the grease, in which case Wendy's is the alternative.

Most of the Chi-Chi's went out of business after the green onion Hepatitis A breakout a few years ago. My understanding is that there are still a few left.

KEDA
10-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I went to Bass Pro Shop today (Blaze will love that) and there seems to be room for a couple new places to eat around there, hopefully Ruby Tuesday wont be the only place.

scott
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I was just thinking how much we needed another shitty chain restaurant.

TheTruth
10-23-2006, 11:01 PM
so was I scott.

ShoogarBear
10-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Without shitty chain restaurants, high school would be meaningless.

Melmart1
10-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Sonic rules! I never thought about it before until I couldn't have any. Wawa is way expensive, blechhh! The salad bar at Ruby's isn't bad but not enough to entice me to go there and only eat that.

midgetonadonkey
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Sonic burgers are mediocre. I admit their drinks are okay, especially with vodka in them, but the food isn't worth braggin about. The one Sonic food I loved was the extreme tots they sold a few years ago. Tots with chili, cheese, jalapenos, ranch dressing and some other shit was badass.

BurgerKing
10-24-2006, 01:53 AM
My Whopper is the best damn burger in SA!!!

ShoogarBear
10-24-2006, 05:41 AM
How did Wawa get into this? Wawa is like a 7-11, not a restaurant.

1Parker1
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
How did Wawa get into this? Wawa is like a 7-11, not a restaurant.

I was pointing out that we don't have a Sonic in Philly, but we do have Wawa's. And how dare you compare a Wawa to a 7-11!!! Wawa's are 3500X better!

Anyways, Ruby Tuesday's also has this great spicy pasta dish that I can't think of right now...but it's good too. Am I the only one around here who somewhat likes Ruby Tuesdays? I'm not saying it's the best but out of TGIF, Bennigan's, and other such restaurants I'd give the edge to Ruby. Oh and try their brownie dessert...it's heavenly. :dizzy

Jimcs50
10-24-2006, 12:07 PM
http://www.bostonsgourmet.com/?q=bostonsgourmet_franchiseinfo_visitourrestaurant

Have you guys been to this place before?

They opened here a few months ago and we have been there about 8 times already. The Sports bar is great too.
Hope you get one, because I think it will do well in SA.

KEDA
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Meg and I went to Boston's, I liked it!

Jimcs50
10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Meg and I went to Boston's, I liked it!

I see they have one in SA already....cool.

Glad you and Meg ( Griffin? ) loked it.

:)

davi78239
10-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Ruby Tuesday's in The Rim? Where did you hear this at? They have something coming up in the corner right when you get off on the access road, but I know that's not it. It looks like it could be a Red Lobster because I don't think there's one on I-10 anywhere and there's an Olive Garden right down the road off 1604. These sister restaurants usually build by one another so that's why I see it as a Red Lobster. By the way, someone had mentioned a Steak N Shake coming to The Rim as well. Is this true?

METALMiKE
10-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Ruby Tuesday's in The Rim? Where did you hear this at? They have something coming up in the corner right when you get off on the access road, but I know that's not it. It looks like it could be a Red Lobster because I don't think there's one on I-10 anywhere and there's an Olive Garden right down the road off 1604. These sister restaurants usually build by one another so that's why I see it as a Red Lobster. By the way, someone had mentioned a Steak N Shake coming to The Rim as well. Is this true?

Posted By Buddy Holly
Re: Anyone Go To Bass Pro Shop Yet?

A Ruby Tuesday is also going up at The Rim.

:convertib

T Park
10-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Ruby tuesdays used to have a kick ass salad bar.

Now they advertise a triple prime burbger using ground prime rib combined with sirloin.

Looks pretty good.

I see people say this all the time now.

Well what the hell should they put in then?

Jimcs50
10-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Now they advertise a triple prime burbger using ground prime rib combined with sirloin.

I hope they keep a defibrillator on hand.

davi78239
10-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe they started advertising those commercials to get people in the San Antonio market "familiar" with Ruby Tuesday's before they actually come into town. They've been on for what about a year or more now?

Buddy Holly
10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.bostonsgourmet.com/?q=bostonsgourmet_franchiseinfo_visitourrestaurant

Have you guys been to this place before?

They opened here a few months ago and we have been there about 8 times already. The Sports bar is great too.
Hope you get one, because I think it will do well in SA.

There's a Boston's at Legacy in the 281/1604 area.

braeden0613
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Without shitty chain restaurants, high school would be meaningless.
no kidding