FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 20, 2006

Contacts:
Winell Herron,
Marcie Casas, GDC

H-E-B MAKES HEALTHCARE MORE AFFORDABLE IN TEXAS

H-E-B Pharmacy to Offer 500 Generic Drugs for $5
And Pharmacy Rewards Program

(SAN ANTONIO) — In its on-going commitment to the health and well-being of families across Texas, H-E-B is bringing affordable healthcare to Texas. The company announced today that it will launch the “My H-E-B RX Rewards” card which will offer 500 generic drugs in its pharmacies statewide for $5 on an average 30-day quantity. Sign-up for the rewards program begins Wednesday, October 25 at no cost. The drugs being offered address most prevalent diseases in Texas, such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease and others.

Customers who sign-up for the “My H-E-B RX Rewards” card can purchase 500 generic drugs at the special $5 price and enjoy savings on all brand and generic prescription drugs by as much as 50 percent and receive additional savings throughout the entire store. Pharmacy reward members will receive priority scheduling and have access to free health screenings and educational information via mail and e-mail. Members will also receive a free copy of H-E-B’s healthy living magazine — H-E-B goodness! mailed directly to their homes.

“We are proud of our role as a trusted resource when it comes to our customers and their family’s health needs,” said Winell Herron, H-E-B Group Vice President of Public Affairs and Diversity. “Through this program, H-E-B aims to offer drugs most relevant to Texans and help them deal with rising healthcare costs. Additionally, we will continue to offer our value pricing for both brand and generic medications as part of our commitment to offer low prices, everyday.”

The program is an expansion of H-E-B’s 100-years of building healthy communities.

H-E-B is a strong supporter of numerous health organizations and causes including the Building

Healthy Families program with the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Texas Health and Human Service Commission to build healthy children. H-E-B will continue to roll out health related services that bring additional value to its customers. Its well-trained and experienced pharmacy team will also be available to meet with customers and respond to their questions as the program gets underway.

“Our commitment to our customers is to provide value through a variety of health services like free health screenings for diabetes and cholesterol. This commitment extends to offering customers competitive pricing, especially for our customers who do not have access to a prescription benefit insurance program or are limited in the amount of governmental assistance they can receive,” said Dennis Wiesner, H-E-B Director of Pharmacy Retail Operations.

About H-E-B
For more than 100 Years, H-E-B has been an innovative retailer. Known for its fresh food, quality products, convenient services, and a commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainability, H-E-B strives to provide the best customer experience at every day low prices. Based in San Antonio, H-E-B employs more than 60,000 Partners and serves millions of customers in more than 150 communities throughout Texas and Mexico.

midgetonadonkey
10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Get me a job as a sacker Fluffy.

Solid D
10-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Great news! I shop there all the time and I get any prescriptions we need there, also. I will most definitely try this out.

Solid D
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM
In looking at this link, it looks like you have share to your basic info (name, address, prescription history, etc.) with MSC of Tucson, the company that handles administration of the plan. This may require you to look at the fine print...although it still may be worth it.

http://www.heb.com/yourHEBStore/specialPromotions-RXpromo.jsp

ashbeeigh
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Theere's a bunch of pharmacies doing that now too. I know Wal-Mart is doing that too, I wouldn't be surprised if others do that soon as well. For some people though, doctors prefer brand names for leveling purposes. Understandable though. :tu