PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn to the Astros?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061022&content_id=1720754&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

Rumor has it that the Reds are getting rid of their big strikeout hitter -- Adam Dunn. Do you think the Astros will try to get him on a trade? I would love to see Adam here! His hometown is New Caney.
-- Samuel R., Houston

Apparently, Dunn is salivating at the idea of playing for his hometown Astros. And yes, the Reds are throwing around the idea of trading him for pitching. So it's something that I'm sure both teams will look into this winter.

I've made my opinions of Dunn clear in past mailbags, and those opinions aren't too popular among those who want the 6-foot-6 slugger in the Astros' lineup. I won't beat around the bush -- his 194 strikeouts make my stomach turn. The Astros have enough hitters who whiff on a much-too-regular basis. Why add another?

But a friend of mine who is close to the Reds organization swayed my opinions a bit. First of all, as we know, Dunn is a terrific home run hitter. He's hit at least 40 three years in a row. And he walks a lot. He's drawn at least 100 free passes in each of the last three seasons. He's averaging .380 in on-base percentage over that same span of time -- not too shabby.

He'd look quite nice hitting in the cleanup spot, behind Lance Berkman. Yes, I'll admit that. But a .234 batting average? Yikes.

----------

Goddamn, there might be some people that die in the stands from getting hit by HR balls.

T Park
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Homerun, or an out.

Thats all he does.

He set a record for not getting a sacrafice RBI, for like 300 some odd games or something like that.

If you have guys on, and hes up, hope that the pitcher either walks him, or tosses a big fatty over the plate, cause he ain't gonna get it.

If I were the Astros Id go after Louis Gonzalez and Carlos Lee.

Spurminator
10-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't care if he strikes out a lot... He gets on base at a .365 clip. So he has a good eye.

I say bat him in front of Berkman so he has more fastballs to hit.