PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal @ Oregon State

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
venue: Reser Stadium
time: 3:30pm Eastern
line: ?

thoughts: OSU has been very inconsistant this year, capable of putting together good games as well as very bad. SC is coming off a much needed bye week and looks to get back on track. Smith and Jarrett should be ready to go and Carroll has two weeks to prepare.

prediction:
USC 41
OSU 14

NoMoneyDown
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM

Anywhere from OSU +12 to +14.

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Anywhere from OSU +12 to +14.

a little lower than i expected, thanks though. i was thinking something in the neighborhood of 16-17.

tlongII
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
This is my Upset Special!

OSU 31
USC 21

GO BEAVS!!!

johngateswhiteley
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
This is my Upset Special!

OSU 31
USC 21

GO BEAVS!!!

was WSU over Oregon your upset special last week? lol, i'm just messin. i think it could be a close game, especially if USC struggles on offense and OSU plays a great game. but i'll stick with my prediction of SC by about 4 TDs.

tlongII
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
was WSU over Oregon your upset special last week? lol, i'm just messin. i think it could be a close game, especially if USC struggles on offense and OSU plays a great game. but i'll stick with my prediction of SC by about 4 TDs.

It all depends on how healthy Bernard's ankle is. He's #2 in the Pac-10 in rushing. No way USC beats the Beavs by 4 TDs. This game is a trap for the Trojans.

Beaverfuzz
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
OSU will be able to keep USC close, but the Beavs offense needs to show up and limit their turnovers to basically zero to have a good shot at beating USC.

tlongII
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
OSU will be able to keep USC close, but the Beavs offense needs to show up and limit their turnovers to basically zero to have a good shot at beating USC.

Very true. Matt Moore needs to play well.

samikeyp
10-25-2006, 12:09 PM
trojans and beavers.....I think I saw that movie. :)

johngateswhiteley
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
It all depends on how healthy Bernard's ankle is. He's #2 in the Pac-10 in rushing. No way USC beats the Beavs by 4 TDs. This game is a trap for the Trojans.

when Carroll has two weeks to prepare for a game, its not a trap game. but, if USC plays like they have been then i see a 10-12 point win. if they play like they are capable, the way i think they will play, they'll win by about 4 TDs.

tlongII
10-25-2006, 02:29 PM
when Carroll has two weeks to prepare for a game, its not a trap game. but, if USC plays like they have been then i see a 10-12 point win. if they play like they are capable, the way i think they will play, they'll win by about 4 TDs.

Pete Carroll is the most overrated coach in college football. What he does well is recruit. That's it. If USC plays the way they have been in the last 3 games OSU will win this.

Beaverfuzz
10-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Very true. Matt Moore needs to play well.

That's kind of an oxymoron about Matt Moore playing well.
:pctoss

Horry For 3!
10-28-2006, 09:04 PM
venue: Reser Stadium
time: 3:30pm Eastern

thoughts: OSU has been very inconsistant this year, capable of putting together good games as well as very bad. SC is coming off a much needed bye week and looks to get back on track. Smith and Jarrett should be ready to go and Carroll has two weeks to prepare.

prediction:
USC 41
OSU 14
:oops

j-6
10-28-2006, 11:10 PM
The whores and the thirty year old scotch is on tlong tonight. boys. Drink up!

ATX Spur
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Congrats Tlong...enjoy it.

Jimcs50
10-29-2006, 09:27 AM
tlong, you are the man.

:smokin

samikeyp
10-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Nice call T.

C'mon Trojan fan....give Tlong and the Beavs their props.

Jimcs50
10-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Of course, you have predicted Oregon St to win this game every year since 1999....so your prediction loses some luster, but congrats anyway.

:)

DarkReign
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
:lmao @ USC

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-29-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/1998/09/src/28junkfood.gif

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
As a ND hater, USC must lose again and beat ND. Please?

And Steve Smith is a stud. Booty? Not so much.

Beaverfuzz
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
OSU limited their turnovers to ZERO and put points on the board from USC's. Steve Smith is a man among boys in college football.

Go Beavs!

TheTruth
10-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Where is JohnGates today?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
south bend thanks you

Not so much. I'd bet they wanted USC to remain undefeated until the ND game. With USC losing already, it actually hurts ND, which is a plus.

johngateswhiteley
10-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice call T.

got assumption?

what is it with some of you guys, do you even READ any of the posts? i was in Waco at the A&M vs. Baylor game...as i stated i would be. i just got home...literally 30 minutes ago. so take a breather, i'll give my thoughts on the weekend in a little while.

Beaverfuzz
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Not so much. I'd bet they wanted USC to remain undefeated until the ND game. With USC losing already, it actually hurts ND, which is a plus.

Exactly correct, USC's loss hurts Notre Dame who now has less than .005% of making the national championship game. And if USC does happen to beat Notre Dame, you could probably just about kiss a BCS game goodbye as well.

Mr Dio
10-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice call T.

Mikey, time to take a realism pill my man. :lol
T posts everything about Whoregon winning this, that & the other thing..........all the time. :lol

BeerIsGood!
10-29-2006, 06:35 PM
:lol Does this mean that Boise State would smoke USC??

Beaverfuzz
10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Mikey, time to take a realism pill my man. :lol
T posts everything about Whoregon winning this, that & the other thing..........all the time. :lol

Better than Texass winning this, Texass State winning that. You know how it goes.
:blah

BeerIsGood!
10-29-2006, 06:57 PM
haha... people from that little shit state Oregon are now talking shit. What is this world coming to when a bunch of backwoods inbreds start talking shit? They get one win over an overrated USC and think it's time to run their mouth. Go back to waxing your beavers and shut your mouth

Mr Dio
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Better than Texass winning this, Texass State winning that. You know how it goes.
:blah

The big diff is that UT actually is a legit top 5 team IMO.
Def a top 10 team, there ain't any stretch there. :lol

Anyway, congrats to OR.

Beaverfuzz
10-29-2006, 09:20 PM
The big diff is that UT actually is a legit top 5 team IMO.
Def a top 10 team, there ain't any stretch there. :lol

Anyway, congrats to OR.

Good win by the Texas State Longhorns too.

Beaverfuzz
10-29-2006, 09:21 PM
haha... people from that little shit state Oregon are now talking shit. What is this world coming to when a bunch of backwoods inbreds start talking shit? They get one win over an overrated USC and think it's time to run their mouth. Go back to waxing your beavers and shut your mouth

Kind of ironic that Texas residents are calling others backwoods inbreds. Are you the pot or the kettle BeerIsGood? :donkey

samikeyp
10-29-2006, 10:08 PM
got assumption?

what is it with some of you guys, do you even READ any of the posts? i was in Waco at the A&M vs. Baylor game...as i stated i would be. i just got home...literally 30 minutes ago. so take a breather, i'll give my thoughts on the weekend in a little while.

You are assuming I meant just you? I didn't keep track of your posts but I wasn't trying to insult you either. There are other SC fans here and none had yet given OSU their credit. I get that people have things to do and that is cool. You also shouldn't assume that I was implying that you wouldn't. Relax man...its all good.

Yeah...I didn't give OSU props or anything. :rolleyes

Way to ignore that.

KewlKat00
10-30-2006, 01:03 AM
You are assuming I meant just you? I didn't keep track of your posts but I wasn't trying to insult you either. There are other SC fans here and none had yet given OSU their credit.

of course osu gets credit. that's kinda understood. i have no problem giving them credit (i'm just mad that steve smith didn't have one more play up his sleeve with the day he was having). matt moore played a nice game to get the win. the reserve rb was good. the only real mistake i can think of is the one botched punt. they capitalized on turnovers and had a monsterous 3rd quarter, which is what always seemed to win the games for us.

leemajors
10-30-2006, 01:40 AM
oregon also makes some great pinot noir.

tlongII
10-30-2006, 10:58 AM
HUGE win for the Beavs! I think they could have won the game more easily if they had limited their penalties. They did a great job of forcing turnovers and taking care of the ball on offense. UT should thank us as this gives the Longhorns a chance.

samikeyp
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
of course osu gets credit. that's kinda understood. i have no problem giving them credit

Not necessarily...sometimes not everyone is as good of a sport as you are. Props to you though for being a good sport.

Question for you as an SC fan....you think they will run the table the rest of the way?

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Not necessarily...sometimes not everyone is as good of a sport as you are. Props to you though for being a good sport.

Question for you as an SC fan....you think they will run the table the rest of the way?

it is understood that OSU gets credit...Kewl is exactly right. but, where was the USC aggressiveness in the first half that dominated the second? why must our offensive coordinator insist on getting in his own way? stretch the field my man...and in doing so we WILL run the table and probably make it back to the title game. and stop turning the ball over...

tlongII
10-30-2006, 11:55 AM
No way that USC beats Cal. Cal is a much better team right now.

NoMoneyDown
10-30-2006, 12:08 PM
With USC's 3 previous scares, I guess it was just a matter of time before their luck ran out. I didn't think Oregon St. would be the ones to do it, tho.

Texas isn't faring much better. Two come-from-behind wins against (now) unranked teams doesn't bode well for them, either. Both of those were on the road, though, and their only remaining road game is against KSU, which they should win, and the Big12 championship game (whicht they should win as well).

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
With USC's 3 previous scares, I guess it was just a matter of time before their luck ran out. I didn't think Oregon St. would be the ones to do it, tho.

Texas isn't faring much better. Two come-from-behind wins against (now) unranked teams doesn't bode well for them, either. Both of those were on the road, though, and their only remaining road game is against KSU, which they should win, and the Big12 championship game (whicht they should win as well).

few things:

1. don't ever underestimate a win...wins are hard to come by no matter who you play, especially on the road
2. OSU can beat t.u., especially with that passing attack
3. you may not be in the championship game

NoMoneyDown
10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
few things:

1. don't ever underestimate a win...wins are hard to come by no matter who you play, especially on the road
2. OSU can beat t.u., especially with that passing attack
3. you may not be in the championship game

1. I agree.

2. I think if Texas was going to get beat by an unranked team with a good passing attack, it would have been Baylor. Oklahoma St. is decent, but they haven't shown me to be a big powerhouse on the road.

3. True. I think Texas' biggest remaining test will be against TAMU, but after their near victory over Baylor, I am not as concerned as I once was. Plus, they are playing in Austin this year, which will be huge.

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
1. I agree.

2. I think if Texas was going to get beat by an unranked team with a good passing attack, it would have been Baylor. Oklahoma St. is decent, but they haven't shown me to be a big powerhouse on the road.

3. True. I think Texas' biggest remaining test will be against TAMU, but after their near victory over Baylor, I am not as concerned as I once was. Plus, they are playing in Austin this year, which will be huge.

1. OSU is better than Baylor, imo
2. you cannot compare teams that have not played each other through common opponents, it just doesn't work that way...plus, t.u. had Baylor at Austin and Baylor had 5 TURNOVERS. we had Baylor in Waco and they had 1 turnover and it was basically the last play of the game...
3. A&M beat a good Baylor squad on the road by 10, and much like the tea-sips bitched about missing field goals against nebraska....well, A&M missed one too

NoMoneyDown
10-30-2006, 02:55 PM
1. Baylor >= OSU, IMO. I think the Nebraska game was a fluke. Nebraska hadn't given up more than 32 to anyone all season and they give up 41 to Ok. St.?

2. I agree about comparing teams via common opponents for the most part. Location (home/away), emotion, rivalry, etc., cannot be measured quantatively and it differes from game ot game. Plus, you mention Texas had Baylor in Austin, which is where the Lonhorns will be playing the Cowboys. In Stillwater, OSU is tough to beat for the burnt orange, but it's like night and day when they come to Austin.

3. TAMU is hard to predict. One week they seem like a top-5 team and the next they barely get by someone you'd have thought they'd cream. Based on their previous performances, the fact they like to run, and that they are playing in Austin, I give the overwhelming edge to Texas.

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 03:03 PM
1. Baylor >= OSU, IMO. I think the Nebraska game was a fluke. Nebraska hadn't given up more than 32 to anyone all season and they give up 41 to Ok. St.?

2. I agree about comparing teams via common opponents for the most part. Location (home/away), emotion, rivalry, etc., cannot be measured quantatively and it differes from game ot game. Plus, you mention Texas had Baylor in Austin, which is where the Lonhorns will be playing the Cowboys. In Stillwater, OSU is tough to beat for the burnt orange, but it's like night and day when they come to Austin.

3. TAMU is hard to predict. One week they seem like a top-5 team and the next they barely get by someone you'd have thought they'd cream. Based on their previous performances, the fact they like to run, and that they are playing in Austin, I give the overwhelming edge to Texas.

fortunately, baylor plays osu in two weeks...we'll see then. and as for A&M vs. t.u....nobody has an overwhelming edge in anything in that game.

NoMoneyDown
10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
fortunately, baylor plays osu in two weeks...we'll see then. and as for A&M vs. t.u....nobody has an overwhelming edge in anything in that game.

Unless McGhee(?) decides to go Texas Tech on Texas' defense, I don't see them putting up too many points. Conversely, Texas' offense will have a good game against TAMU's defense. Probably not 50+ points, but I figure 35 at a minimum.

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Unless McGhee(?) decides to go Texas Tech on Texas' defense, I don't see them putting up too many points. Conversely, Texas' offense will have a good game against TAMU's defense. Probably not 50+ points, but I figure 35 at a minimum.

is that right? :lol how quick thou doth forget. A&M will McGee option/Lane-Goodson t.u. to death. we will win the TOP and the t.u. offense will be lucky to get 30 points on the board. btw, A&M leads the Big 12 in third down defense...

NoMoneyDown
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
is that right? how quick thou doth forget.

Yes, don't we. Last year's team had a good defense, but this year's team is astounding against the run, only allowing something like 49 YPG. Last year's game was played in College Station, too, which was a MAJOR factor in A&M's early lead (i.e., Texas' #2 ranking, undefeated, Vinc Young's bid for the Heisman, etc). I'm not saying Texas will roll over TAMU this year by something like 50-0, but I think they'll beat them by double-digits.

johngateswhiteley
10-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, don't we. Last year's team had a good defense, but this year's team is astounding against the run, only allowing something like 49 YPG. Last year's game was played in College Station, too, which was a MAJOR factor in A&M's early lead (i.e., Texas' #2 ranking, undefeated, Vinc Young's bid for the Heisman, etc). I'm not saying Texas will roll over TAMU this year by something like 50-0, but I think they'll beat them by double-digits.

t.u. has not gone against anybody that can really RUN except OU and AD had over 100 yards. but lets not get too caught up in that, here's what WILL happen:

1. A&M will run for 200+ yards
2. McGee will pass for over 150+ yards barring injury
3. the game will be decided by less than 10 points
4. the only thing t.u. will be rolling is a blunt

Beaverfuzz
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah...I didn't give OSU props or anything. :rolleyes

Way to ignore that.

Do you realize what a "quote" means? I didn't quote your message, I quoted Mr. Dio.

Beaverfuzz
10-30-2006, 04:08 PM
No way that USC beats Cal. Cal is a much better team right now.

Cal is going to get USC's best shot guaranteed. Washington will be carrying a football around campus for the rest of the year after that no-touch fumble he had. This isn't saying USC will beat Cal, but they will get USC's best shot.

Just keep throwing the ball to Smith and let him work his magic, he's that good.

samikeyp
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Do you realize what a "quote" means? I didn't quote your message, I quoted Mr. Dio.

and I was quoting you.

Beaverfuzz
10-30-2006, 05:31 PM
and I was quoting you.

I still don't think you understand this whole quoting business. But whatever, good luck to the Texas State Longhorns the rest of the way.

samikeyp
10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I do understand it. Just because I don't do it the way you think I should doesn't mean I don't but that is cool...Its all good.

Best of luck to the Oregon Beavers as well. :)