PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs fans here that attend games on the right coast?

ro_50
10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I didn't know where to post this. But I've accepted a job with pennlive.com, the online home for The Patriot-News in Harrisburg, Pa.

I will be the online sports editor and I'm excited, its with our affiliate company (I work right now at al.com in Birmingham, Ala.) and I'm looking forward to moving to the Northeast Region.

I was wondering if there are any Spurs fans on there that regularly attend games in Philly, DC, Boston or N.Y.

I would love to go watch the Spurs play with some of you guys in the big markets on the East coast.

LilMissSPURfect
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
the "RIGHT" coast is right!

veronicamae
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
hehe @ right coast

i've only been to one "away" game (Game 6 last season in Dallas) and it was so freakin' awesome.

i'm going to NYC in december but unfortunately they're not playing the knicks at that time, or i'd be there.

so while i didn't answer your real question, have fun at the away games!!

phxspurfan
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I saw three Celtics-Spurs games in Boston (Fleet Center) and they embarassed the Celts. It was great.

Eruff24
10-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I saw three Celtics-Spurs games in Boston (Fleet Center) and they embarassed the Celts. It was great.

I went to last years Piston-Spurs game and I also went to the Finals in Detroit when Horry rained supreme.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I usually go to the DC games.

Rummpd
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
DC game as well (used to work in Philly now in DC area)

AFBlue
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Sorry to say I'm in the Southeast, so the farthest I'd go is to Charlotte. Caught the Hawks v. Spurs game last year, which was horrible. The Spurs lost, I got lost downtown, and I got a ticket on the way home...not cool. Let's just hope that my next forays to see the Spurs out of town don't go like that.

SpurYank
10-27-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm 75 minutes south of you in Mount Airy, across the border, in Maryland. Your best bet is to watch the Spurs against the Wizards, in the MCI Center in DC. To your surprise, you'll see hundreds of kids wearing Spurs jerseys and rooting for them. I go every year. It's the closest thing to being in S.A. The fans here are not wild and they appreciate the professionalsm and positive attitude of the Spurs. My stepson has a close friend with Wizard season tickets and he usually lets me use them when the Spurs are in town. Of course, I take my wife.

Also, David Robinson was a favorite here for many years.