PDA

View Full Version : Depressing Halloween

iminlakerland
11-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Okay today the fraternity im pledging for had a community service project at at an orphanage. Man it was the sadest thing. It was all good handing out candy and chillin with the kids. But the sad thing was they didnt want us to leave. It was so depressing.

I was sitting there talking to some of the counselors about the kids and their backgrounds, and so many of the stories are so sad. Parents abandoning their kids n shit. Drug stories.

I dont know i guess im just pissed off at the world now. It's sad how many of these kids prolly wont even have a future at all. I mean these kids just wanted to be loved it was so sad. I'm gona see if i can volunteer there after pledging is over and spend some time with those kids.

I dont know i guess it was a damn wake up call as to how lucky i am and so many of us are. And how we all take it for granted.

Taco
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
This is Sad.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Volunteer, and if not there find another organization which will take your help. There are so many in need, and most will gladly accept volunteers.

If you choose to volunteer, stick with it however. Don't get the warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach the first couple of times you do it then bail on the kids. I've seen that happen quite a bit, and it doesn't help.

Shelly
11-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Sorry your Halloween was a downer! And good for you for volunteering.