PDA

View Full Version : MEMRI: Osama Translation Wrong

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Interesting read...

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SA1404

The states thing concerns me, being in a Bush state. But also...

Another conspicuous aspect of the tape is the absence of common Islamist themes that are relevant to the month of Ramadan, which for fundamentalists like bin Laden is the month of Jihad and martyrdom. Noticeably absent from the Al-Jazeera tape was his usual appearance with a weapon, and more importantly the absence of references to Jihad, martyrdom, the Koran, the Hadith (Islamic tradition), Crusaders, Jews, and the legacy of the Prophet Muhammad on the duty to wage Jihad against the infidels. For the followers of the Al-Qa'ida ideology, this speech sends a regressive and defeatist message of surrender, as seen in the move from solely using Jihad warfare to a mixed strategy of threats combined with truce offers and election deals.

While I personally thought "ho hum, another Osama speech", he did seem to be rather reserved. Couple this with the NY Post report that part of Osama's speech was lamenting the fact that our manhunt for him and his followers had significantly weakened his organization, and it is certainly an interesting development.

But I bet the liberal media will bury this, and no one will know about it here in the US until after Tuesday.

whottt
11-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Interesting read...

The states thing concerns me, being in a Bush state.

Being in "A" Bush State?

Try the largest Republican State in the Union...We are going to carry more Republican Electoral Votes than any other.

We are Bush's home state.

We are on a porous border.

He and his parents and his children live here.

Welcome to the War on Terror and what our troops get a much larger taste of.

Nbadan
11-01-2004, 04:14 AM
MEMRI is a right-wing propaganda group in the guise of a translation service which is based in Washington, DC, and Jerusalem.

whottt
11-01-2004, 04:56 AM
I hope you are right. Because I don't like that state threat Osama was making very much. But it's not going to change my vote...and if that kind of statement was reported in a place like NY I gurantee you they would vote for Bush just because Usama threatened them.