PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you choose...

phxspurfan
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Which team, if matched up against the Spurs in the playoffs, would you have a tough time rooting against and why? (I got this idea while mulling over the internal dillemma a Mets-Tigers world series could cause...)

I would choose the Nets, because I think J. Kidd deserves a championship/is running out of time and we already snatched one from him earlier. Or if I went all-time I would choose Stockton and Malone's Jazz...

ChumpDumper
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Kidd could've had a couple of rings already had he not stayed in the swamp.

sa_butta
10-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Which team, if matched up against the Spurs in the playoffs, would you have a tough time rooting against and why? (I got this idea while mulling over the internal dillemma a Mets-Tigers world series could cause...)

I would choose the Nets, because I think J. Kidd deserves a championship/is running out of time and we already snatched one from him earlier. Or if I went all-time I would choose Stockton and Malone's Jazz...Honestly I have no trouble rooting against anyone playing the Spurs.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Honestly I have no trouble rooting against anyone playing the Spurs.:lol same here

LilMissSPURfect
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
05' -06 ' SPURS :flag: :flag: :flag:

phxspurfan
10-25-2006, 01:34 PM
any cool new car flags? I need a new one

AFBlue
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I'd have a tough time rooting against the Knicks...because that'd mean they got to the Finals with the worst group of underacheiving, overpaid, cocky, and selfish players. Isaiah would easily be coach of the year. I mean, I'd still root for the Spurs, but that'd be a tough one.

samikeyp
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Honestly I have no trouble rooting against anyone playing the Spurs.

Me too.

phxspurfan
10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
how bout if they put the seattle storm in there. cmon sue bird who goes against sue bird

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
If someone has to beat us, I'd rather it be the Suns than anyone else. They play a wonderful brand of ball, and Nash is a champ.

That said, I want the Spurs to grind every team they come across INTO DUST. :devil

dirk4mvp
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Kinda obvious here

GrandeDavid
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Honestly, I loathe ANY team when they face the Spurs in the playoffs. I'm a pure Spurs fan and have no second bests. Its weird because I was born in Houston and lived there until I was 13, and I'm a huge Astros, former Oilers and now Texans fan. But ever since David Robinson was made his 1989-90 rookie debut and I had moved to San Antonio, my heart has been 100% Spurs. I could honestly care less what the Rockets do.

So I'm all Spurs, baby.

ajh18
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I think it's kind of hard to hate the magic, if they were to make it to the finals. Howard seems like a class act (who idolizes David no less), Jameer Nelson was someone who everyone passed on, Darko someone everyone gave-up on, and Grant Hill, with a chance to be a champion after all he's been through... It's Spurs all the way, regardless of who they play, but Orlando would be tough to really dislike.

spurschick
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
In the playoffs, there are no other teams. :flag:

GrandeDavid
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Its hard to hate any team really, because once my emotions get churning my sense of reason reminds me its only a sport. But the Phil Jackson/Shaq/Kobe Lakers came awfully close to overpowering that reason!

ALVAREZ6
10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
None. Fuck that, go Spurs.

Being a Philly area resident though, if the Spurs faced the Sixers in the finals, I would root for the Spurs 100%, but I wouldn't be pissed off if they lost. I'd be happy for AI finally winning a trophy.

lefty
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Honestly I have no trouble rooting against anyone playing the Spurs.

Ditto

Zunni
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM

I would choose the Nets, because I think J. Kidd deserves a championship/is running out of time and we already snatched one from him earlier. Or if I went all-time I would choose Stockton and Malone's Jazz...
JKidd directly stabbed a couple of coaches in the back, and destroyed a talented team with a lot of potential (Dallas). I have no problem seeing him fail.

As for Flopton and Muglone, I can't believe that anyone would put these two thugs forward as a sympathy case in a Spurs forum. Fuck them. I'm glad they retired ringless. Bitches, both.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I think it's kind of hard to hate the magic, if they were to make it to the finals. Howard seems like a class act (who idolizes David no less), Jameer Nelson was someone who everyone passed on, Darko someone everyone gave-up on, and Grant Hill, with a chance to be a champion after all he's been through... It's Spurs all the way, regardless of who they play, but Orlando would be tough to really dislike.

Well said, sir or madam.

They will be the Eastern team I casually follow this year. I like them for 6-8 seed in the playoffs, maybe 5th if they surprise...

dougp
10-25-2006, 09:45 PM
JKidd directly stabbed a couple of coaches in the back, and destroyed a talented team with a lot of potential (Dallas). I have no problem seeing him fail.

As for Flopton and Muglone, I can't believe that anyone would put these two thugs forward as a sympathy case in a Spurs forum. Fuck them. I'm glad they retired ringless. Bitches, both.
Having met Malone - he's not a bad guy ... and having met Stockton - he's a dick. He doesn't need crap.

ATX Spur
10-25-2006, 09:54 PM
No dilemnas. Puro Spurs. Believe.

phyzik
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the question would be more appropriate if it was which team would you have a hard time hating (in the context of sports passion, not true hate).... and there are only a few.

Chicago Bulls
Toronto raptors
New Jersey Nets
Boston Celtics

all of them with a caveat - anyone on those teams says/does anything stupid (ie. Pushups on the court) they will have earned my "hate" for the series.

milkyway21
10-26-2006, 03:13 AM

Nets? i like Kidd but I don't like Vince Carter. He's such a pussy and sore loser.

if there's one team I'd like to win in the east finals(though it's almost impossible for them to win w/ present roster), it's AI's 76ers, because:

-AI was once an MVP, he deserves it.

-2-time All-Star MVP but no ring?(come on). It won't be an embarrassment to lose to this guy.

-he reached the finals and but lost to the Lakers

- I like his quickness and i think he's one of the few NBA players who is hard to defend. I like watching him play.

-i watched Igoudala's game when he visited the Phils w/ the Spurs' Silver Star dancers and i think he's cool.

TheSanityAnnex
10-26-2006, 03:18 AM
You'd all have trouble rooting against the Kings cause we got a forum on your board.

fonzy16
10-26-2006, 04:17 AM
Toronto. i like em :)

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2006, 04:47 AM
theres no such thing as deserving to win a ring, you gotto fuckn earn it!!!

Texas_Ranger
10-26-2006, 06:30 AM
None. Fuck that, go Spurs.

You`re right. Just Spurs are important. GO SPURS GO. :flag: