PDA

View Full Version : Wade's already making excuses

ponky
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
The NBA posterboy is getting no love for next year's final picks by all the experts so I guess it's time for one of his "wah wah" excuses...just in case they lose.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/all_columnists/15840547.htm

David Aldridge | Heat's Wade is tired, but willing to step up
By David Aldridge
Inquirer Staff Writer

I'm tired...

Tired of playing the game...

Ain't it a cryin' shame...

I'm... so... tired.

- Lili Von Shtupp, "Blazing Saddles," 1974

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Dwyane Wade can relate.

Having played almost a year of basketball without a break - for the Miami Heat and for his country - Wade has nothing left in the tank. This could be a problem, as there are likely another 100 games or so between Wade and his next vacation.

"I don't have my legs," Wade said late last week. "I've been playing all summer. I'm not Superman. I can't just come back and be flying all over. But I'll be able to play with smarts. I've been playing in the league for four years, so I think I know what to do."

"Wade Fatigue" is the topic of the moment for the Heat, which opted to bring back the exact same cast that went on an improbable run to the franchise's first NBA title last season. But the key component is the 24-year-old Wade.

With Shaquille O'Neal a year older, that probably means even more work this season for Wade - the reigning Finals MVP, the cover subject in magazine after magazine (GQ gets the honors this month), and David Stern's dream come true, the perfect marriage of killer game and pleasant deportment.

Wade accepted a U.S. Olympic team bid, but it came on top of a grueling regular season and playoffs, after Wade had gone deep into June to lead Miami over Dallas in the Finals. With his physical style, the 6-foot-3 guard wore down. By the time the U.S. team finished third in Japan, Wade looked wiped out.

He still does.

"I know he's tired," teammate Gary Payton said. "You can tell. You can tell he's tired. He's trying to do everything he can, and that's just the guts of a basketball player and a competitor. But he's tired. We have to understand that."

Wade's load both on and off the court is familiar to Heat coach Pat Riley, who saw firsthand how Magic Johnson became an NBA icon in just a few winning seasons. Riley went to Las Vegas and to Japan last summer to meet with Wade and talk about the future.

"I think a lot of it's in your mind," Riley said. "So if you're fatigued from doing a lot of things, basketball-wise things this summer, people talk about it more than anything else, and it weighs on you. If you have to shave something, shut other things down in your life, you know?"

And Riley then laughs at that unlikely likelihood.

But that hasn't stopped Riley from suggesting that Wade take next summer off - when the U.S. team is scheduled to play in the America Zone Qualifying Tournament. If it wins or finishes second, it qualifies for the 2008 Olympics in China. Even if it didn't win or place, it could still qualify for the Games by winning another tournament in the summer of 2008.

So, Riley says, Wade can take next summer off and still play in 2008.

"This is the way the Olympic team has been set up, with 25 guys," Riley said. "So anybody can come and go... I would imagine that in the best interest of him, and his body, that he would probably rest, and turn it over to Kobe [Bryant] or somebody for next summer, and be there for the Olympics. I think he's done his part."

Wade is thinking about it.

"I've taken it under consideration," Wade said. "Next summer's a long time away, and we don't know what's going to happen from here to there. But, of course, I have to take it under consideration, because I've been playing basketball nonstop for a while now, and it takes a toll on you."

In the interim, the 38-year-old Payton, currently starting for the injured Jason Williams, is ready to score more. So are Antoine Walker, Udonis Haslem and James Posey.

And if all else fails, there's still O'Neal - still capable of doing a little something in the middle.

"If it gets to the point where he's tired and banged up, then everyone else just has to hustle and do more," O'Neal said. "He has to do more, anyway. I'm getting older. He's getting better."

For his part, Wade says he'll be fine, and that he'll deal with double-teams on the floor the same way he deals with the incessant pitches off the floor. Everything will get done in due time.

"As much as everybody wants to win a championship, you can't win a championship in the first game. You can't win it in the second game," Wade says. "When it's time, I'll be there."

sa_butta
10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
So if they do win, he will look like "Superman". But if they lose there is and excuse awaiting. Nice. I dont buy into that too much, once the season gets going Im sure he will be running on all cylinders. No excuses, this is what you get paid to do.

Lp26
10-25-2006, 06:06 PM
This is why i can never like Wade even if i tried. From his "falling down" all the time to his "injuries". Shut-up. Play the game.

Could you imagine if instead of Tim Duncan having plantar fascitis (sp?), Wade had it?

Now he's "tired". God help us all.

ducks
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
I am surprised he is tired now
later yes now
what is riley doing? making him do all the drills like the other players?
he is already in shape stupid riley

mavsfan1000
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think anyone's ever done that before. Played for a whole year straight. Wow Wade is really a hero.

David Stern
10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes He will be fine. He is just doing what I love to see out of my boys which is to get people to talk about it. My boys are still the team to beat! :elephant :elephant :elephant

RON ARTEST
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
i hate wade, everytime he has something minor he crys about it like hes dying or something. if he was a rapper he would be like 50 cent always talking about how he got shot 9 times.

dirk4mvp
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
i hate wade, everytime he has something minor he crys about it like hes dying or something. if he was a rapper he would be like 50 cent always talking about how he got shot 9 times.

:lol

50 rolls with cops and Wade rolls with refs.

ponky
10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I know it's pre-season but the Rockets/Heat game tonight is the future for the Heat. Six guys in double-digits for the Rockets tonight versus DWade, the only guy in double-digits tonight for the Heat although Shaq and Mourning came close with nine points apiece. He may be tired but it's not from his schedule, it's from carrying his team on his back.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Duncan won a championship in 2003 and 2005, while bringing home a bronze in 2004. I don't remember discussions of how tired he was, just that he was an ugly American for not bringing home gold and that he was a choker for losing in 2004. He's now on the "decline".

HeatOwnzNba
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
The NBA posterboy is getting no love for next year's final picks by all the experts so I guess it's time for one of his "wah wah" excuses...just in case they lose.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/all_columnists/15840547.htm

David Aldridge | Heat's Wade is tired, but willing to step up
By David Aldridge
Inquirer Staff Writer

I'm tired...

Tired of playing the game...

Ain't it a cryin' shame...

I'm... so... tired.

- Lili Von Shtupp, "Blazing Saddles," 1974

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Dwyane Wade can relate.

Having played almost a year of basketball without a break - for the Miami Heat and for his country - Wade has nothing left in the tank. This could be a problem, as there are likely another 100 games or so between Wade and his next vacation.

"I don't have my legs," Wade said late last week. "I've been playing all summer. I'm not Superman. I can't just come back and be flying all over. But I'll be able to play with smarts. I've been playing in the league for four years, so I think I know what to do."

"Wade Fatigue" is the topic of the moment for the Heat, which opted to bring back the exact same cast that went on an improbable run to the franchise's first NBA title last season. But the key component is the 24-year-old Wade.

With Shaquille O'Neal a year older, that probably means even more work this season for Wade - the reigning Finals MVP, the cover subject in magazine after magazine (GQ gets the honors this month), and David Stern's dream come true, the perfect marriage of killer game and pleasant deportment.

Wade accepted a U.S. Olympic team bid, but it came on top of a grueling regular season and playoffs, after Wade had gone deep into June to lead Miami over Dallas in the Finals. With his physical style, the 6-foot-3 guard wore down. By the time the U.S. team finished third in Japan, Wade looked wiped out.

He still does.

"I know he's tired," teammate Gary Payton said. "You can tell. You can tell he's tired. He's trying to do everything he can, and that's just the guts of a basketball player and a competitor. But he's tired. We have to understand that."

Wade's load both on and off the court is familiar to Heat coach Pat Riley, who saw firsthand how Magic Johnson became an NBA icon in just a few winning seasons. Riley went to Las Vegas and to Japan last summer to meet with Wade and talk about the future.

"I think a lot of it's in your mind," Riley said. "So if you're fatigued from doing a lot of things, basketball-wise things this summer, people talk about it more than anything else, and it weighs on you. If you have to shave something, shut other things down in your life, you know?"

And Riley then laughs at that unlikely likelihood.

But that hasn't stopped Riley from suggesting that Wade take next summer off - when the U.S. team is scheduled to play in the America Zone Qualifying Tournament. If it wins or finishes second, it qualifies for the 2008 Olympics in China. Even if it didn't win or place, it could still qualify for the Games by winning another tournament in the summer of 2008.

So, Riley says, Wade can take next summer off and still play in 2008.

"This is the way the Olympic team has been set up, with 25 guys," Riley said. "So anybody can come and go... I would imagine that in the best interest of him, and his body, that he would probably rest, and turn it over to Kobe [Bryant] or somebody for next summer, and be there for the Olympics. I think he's done his part."

Wade is thinking about it.

"I've taken it under consideration," Wade said. "Next summer's a long time away, and we don't know what's going to happen from here to there. But, of course, I have to take it under consideration, because I've been playing basketball nonstop for a while now, and it takes a toll on you."

In the interim, the 38-year-old Payton, currently starting for the injured Jason Williams, is ready to score more. So are Antoine Walker, Udonis Haslem and James Posey.

And if all else fails, there's still O'Neal - still capable of doing a little something in the middle.

"If it gets to the point where he's tired and banged up, then everyone else just has to hustle and do more," O'Neal said. "He has to do more, anyway. I'm getting older. He's getting better."

For his part, Wade says he'll be fine, and that he'll deal with double-teams on the floor the same way he deals with the incessant pitches off the floor. Everything will get done in due time.

"As much as everybody wants to win a championship, you can't win a championship in the first game. You can't win it in the second game," Wade says. "When it's time, I'll be there."

It still hurts you doesn't it? No matter how tired he gets, he's still gonna
torch the crap out of Dallas again this year.

Burn531
10-25-2006, 11:56 PM
It still hurts you doesn't it? No matter how tired he gets, he's still gonna
torch the crap out of Dallas again this year.

With help from the refs of course.

HeatOwnzNba
10-26-2006, 12:37 AM
With help from the refs of course.

Excuses, excuses. did you ever stop to think that they lost because
Dork...i mean Dirk, didn't play that great? It's funny ya'll are getting
on Wade for making excuses when it's you guys that are using the
refs excuse all the time. Atleast D. Wade got the job done refs or
no refs. He has absolutely no reason to be making excuses. Dallas
on the other hand.....

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 01:38 AM
The refs are only cheating when the Mavericks lose. Didn't you know that?

freedom&justice
10-26-2006, 01:47 AM
He's so whiny. I used to really respect this guy, but since he's become this big star he's become real whiny. Heck, even Miami papers are claiming the league's new 'zero-tolerance' policy is meant for him.
Yeah, heat fans, your superstar's whiny, and if he's tired now, his tank's gonna be emptier than ever when the playoffs roll around from carrying that bunch of fossils he calls a team on his back.

HeatOwnzNba
10-26-2006, 02:15 AM
He's so whiny. I used to really respect this guy, but since he's become this big star he's become real whiny. Heck, even Miami papers are claiming the league's new 'zero-tolerance' policy is meant for him.
Yeah, heat fans, your superstar's whiny, and if he's tired now, his tank's gonna be emptier than ever when the playoffs roll around from carrying that bunch of fossils he calls a team on his back.

He'll still torch the pissed-ons.

ponky
10-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Excuses, excuses. did you ever stop to think that they lost because
Dork...i mean Dirk, didn't play that great? It's funny ya'll are getting
on Wade for making excuses when it's you guys that are using the
refs excuse all the time. Atleast D. Wade got the job done refs or
no refs. He has absolutely no reason to be making excuses. Dallas
on the other hand.....

I don't make excuses, Mavericks f*cked it up, they won't do that again, they'll at least come out to play. Dirk can play ball but he didn't show up...kinda like your man DWade in FIBA play. Anyway, the Mavs didn't lose in the Finals because of Dirk, any moron can look at the stats and see why this is the case. Nobody will remember you 7-8 months from now because the Heat won't repeat so keep talking about history and I'll live in the present

ponky
10-26-2006, 02:29 AM
He'll still torch the pissed-ons.

haha, i doubt it...they could barely get pass the bulls last year without the 'fro so how are they going to do it this year? besides, i wouldn't discount the pistons so quickly, they still have quite a few all-stars on their team and you just need to worry about keeping shaq and his big toes healthy

HeatOwnzNba
10-26-2006, 03:11 AM
haha, i doubt it...they could barely get pass the bulls last year without the 'fro so how are they going to do it this year? besides, i wouldn't discount the pistons so quickly, they still have quite a few all-stars on their team and you just need to worry about keeping shaq and his big toes healthy

Oh please! the bulls are just a poor man's version of the pistons.
The pistons may still have a few other all-stars but there's
no question that they downgraded this year.

heats record against the bulls:
regular season: 2-1 with the "1" coming after they clinched
playoffs: 4-2

I hardly think they squeaked by them as much as you'd like to think

mavsfan1000
10-26-2006, 04:54 AM
Oh please! the bulls are just a poor man's version of the pistons.
The pistons may still have a few other all-stars but there's
no question that they downgraded this year.

heats record against the bulls:
regular season: 2-1 with the "1" coming after they clinched
playoffs: 4-2

I hardly think they squeaked by them as much as you'd like to think
The Heat are done. They decided to give up on a young team to go for that one championship. Better 1 championship than a bunch of good seasons without one. By getting Shaq they spent a bunch and are going all or nothing. Pretty soon it will be nothing and I have a feeling it starts with this year. Shaq is breaking down as we are speaking.

HeatOwnzNba
10-26-2006, 05:37 AM
The Heat are done. They decided to give up on a young team to go for that one championship. Better 1 championship than a bunch of good seasons without one. By getting Shaq they spent a bunch and are going all or nothing. Pretty soon it will be nothing and I have a feeling it starts with this year. Shaq is breaking down as we are speaking.

In case you haven't noticed, the star player of the heat ain't Shaq,
it's D. Wade. Shaq just needs to be on the court, it doesn't matter
how old and broken down he is, his size and strength will always
command double teams that help free up Wade.

dirk4mvp
10-26-2006, 06:08 AM
The refs are only cheating when the Mavericks lose. Didn't you know that?

It sure doesn't seem that way with some Spur fans here.

Mad Martigan
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
manu did it, and he won the championship that year, and he's holder, wade is a cry baby but he's freaking god on the court

DarkReign
10-26-2006, 09:34 AM
HeatOwnzNBA

vbookie on this guy not being here in 07 playoffs.

Joepa
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
The Heat don't really have anyone to stop them from getting back to the Finals. And, as we saw, anything can happen there.

dirk4mvp
10-26-2006, 03:34 PM
The Heat don't really have anyone to stop them from getting back to the Finals. And, as we saw, anything can happen there.

I think the Nets or the Bulls will give them hell trying to get back to the Finals though.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
It sure doesn't seem that way with some Spur fans here.
You mean the ones who point out what a hypocrite you guys are for complaining about the fouls in a series where your team lost four straight but not acknowledging the fouls in a series where your team barely won?

dirk4mvp
10-26-2006, 03:45 PM
You mean the ones who point out what a hypocrite you guys are for complaining about the fouls in a series where your team lost four straight but not acknowledging the fouls in a series where your team barely won?

:tu

But you're really the only Spur fan here who constantly bitches about refs. Look at you trying to play innocent like every call in the Spurs favor was right on the money. Why can't you just face it and see the Mavs beat the Spurs. Fair and square.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
:tu

But you're really the only Spur fan here who constantly bitches about refs. Look at you trying to play innocent like every call in the Spurs favor was right on the money. Why can't you just face it and see the Mavs beat the Spurs. Fair and square.
If you knew anything about me, the only thing I blame for the loss against the Mavs is Pop. You are the one that keeps bringing up officiating when Wade's name is mentioned. It's funny that you want Spurs fans to credit the Mavs for a "fair and square" win but I've yet to see a Mavs fan on this board credit the Heat for winning the title. Time to look up "hypocrite".

dirk4mvp
10-26-2006, 03:56 PM
If you knew anything about me, the only thing I blame for the loss against the Mavs is Pop. You are the one that keeps bringing up officiating when Wade's name is mentioned. It's funny that you want Spurs fans to credit the Mavs for a "fair and square" win but I've yet to see a Mavs fan on this board credit the Heat for winning the title. Time to look up "hypocrite".

You must not look hard.

I'm sure you've already looked up "dumbass", and you fit the bill perfectly.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
You must not look hard.
That means you still can't find a single example. It doesn't mean there isn't a Mavs fan somewhere that doesn't blame everyone else when the team loses, it just means that the overwhelming majority of you are crybaby little pantywaists.

td4mvp21
10-26-2006, 05:27 PM

Amen. :tu

dirk4mvp
10-26-2006, 06:21 PM
That means you still can't find a single example. It doesn't mean there isn't a Mavs fan somewhere that doesn't blame everyone else when the team loses, it just means that the overwhelming majority of you are crybaby little pantywaists.

Ok. Good job, Heat. You beat us like we broke something.

Now it's your turn to say the Mavs beat the Spurs fair and square.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok. Good job, Heat. You beat us like we broke something.
So you still can't find an example of one of your brethren giving the Heat credit, nor have you at any point in any of your posts. That's what I thought. Since you have at least one snide comment about Wade and the officials in this thead alone I have a feeling you don't really believe it. It certainly wouldn't surprise me that you'd lie before you'd admit that you are just another sterling example of what has become an army of sore losers in Dallas.

Now it's your turn to say the Mavs beat the Spurs fair and square.
No problem. I've never once said that they didn't. I've never implied that the games are fixed, I've never said that the NBA has it in for the Spurs. I've maintained that bad coaching and personnel decisions allowed the Mavs to win what became a close enough series that a couple of defensive plays one way or the other were the difference. The Mavericks won that series and the Spurs didn't. I watched Tim Duncan get fucked by the officials in the olympics; there's NO WAY I would ever try to compare even the worst NBA officiating with that travesty.

You guys are the ones that can't shut up about how unfair it was that Dwayne Wade went to the line so much, but you won't hear of someone pointing out that Dirk had quite a few free throw attempts against the Spurs, too. You want credit for the wins but accuse anyone that beats you of cheating. Too bad you guys didn't grow out of that and instead come onto a Spurs board to complain about how little respect you get for being champions of your own little minds.

HeatOwnzNba
10-27-2006, 12:39 AM
So you still can't find an example of one of your brethren giving the Heat credit, nor have you at any point in any of your posts. That's what I thought. Since you have at least one snide comment about Wade and the officials in this thead alone I have a feeling you don't really believe it. It certainly wouldn't surprise me that you'd lie before you'd admit that you are just another sterling example of what has become an army of sore losers in Dallas.

No problem. I've never once said that they didn't. I've never implied that the games are fixed, I've never said that the NBA has it in for the Spurs. I've maintained that bad coaching and personnel decisions allowed the Mavs to win what became a close enough series that a couple of defensive plays one way or the other were the difference. The Mavericks won that series and the Spurs didn't. I watched Tim Duncan get fucked by the officials in the olympics; there's NO WAY I would ever try to compare even the worst NBA officiating with that travesty.

You guys are the ones that can't shut up about how unfair it was that Dwayne Wade went to the line so much, but you won't hear of someone pointing out that Dirk had quite a few free throw attempts against the Spurs, too. You want credit for the wins but accuse anyone that beats you of cheating. Too bad you guys didn't grow out of that and instead come onto a Spurs board to complain about how little respect you get for being champions of your own little minds.

well said.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 06:36 AM

Ah, so Mavs are the only fans that complain about the refs. I see that now. Thanks for the insight.

You ever thought about Dirk got to the line just because he wanted to improve his game and help the team rather than shooting jumpers and getting shitty foul calls in his favor? Of course not. Your homer glasses you wear every waking moment of the day won't allow you to see that.

ponky
10-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Um, why wouldn't we give credit to the Heat for winning the title? One can bitch about Wade's whining and still acknowledge that he's a good baller who carried his team to a championship while the Mavericks were unprepared for what is the NBA finals. Wade is a crybaby and he plays too well to have to fall back on letting the media know every time his tummy hurts. There are fans of EVERY team that like to bitch and moan about the refs, stop acting like it's a Mavericks thing...especially after the hundreds of *wah wah refs made us lose* posts Kori had to consolidate after the Mavs beat the Spurs. I have never seen such a display of redundant idiocy as all those posts. Wanna do a count and see how many posts Mavs fans started bitching about the officiating after we lost to the Heat and then compare this to The Deluge of 2006?

Obstructed_View
10-27-2006, 03:11 PM
You ever thought about Dirk got to the line just because he wanted to improve his game and help the team rather than shooting jumpers and getting shitty foul calls in his favor? Of course not. Your homer glasses you wear every waking moment of the day won't allow you to see that.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. It reads as though you are suggesting that Dirk was more aggressive against the Spurs than Wade was against the Mavs. And you call me a homer? :lol

Um, why wouldn't we give credit to the Heat for winning the title?
That's what I keep asking. You'll have to ask the Mavs fans.

Wanna do a count and see how many posts Mavs fans started bitching about the officiating after we lost to the Heat and then compare this to The Deluge of 2006?
Knock yourself out. I'd guess it's about even. Considering that Spurs fans outnumber the Mavericks fans by at least 20 to 1 I'd say that's definitive proof that Mavs fans are crybabies. However that isn't the point. The point is that the exact same people who refused to hear anything that might minimize the Mavericks' victory over the Spurs were in here crying about how the refs were the only reason the Mavericks couldn't hang onto double digit leads and ended up blowing a two game advantage. Spurs fans typically only continue to bring it up to point out the hypocricy.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying here. It reads as though you are suggesting that Dirk was more aggressive against the Spurs than Wade was against the Mavs. And you call me a homer?

Yes. Dirk and the Mavs were tired of being looked upon as a step under the Spurs, so he played aggresive and they beat the Spurs. Your a bigger homer than I am if you can't see that Dirk earned those FT's rather than them given to him.

PaceMonster
10-27-2006, 04:07 PM
FIBA ball isnt a joke...i see why the man's tired...but he'll shake out of it and be in finals form by december

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
So you still can't find an example of one of your brethren giving the Heat credit

I'll give the Heat credit. They totally outplayed us in games 4 and 6. Games 3 and 5 they might have gotten extra help from bad calls, but hey shit happens. On the other hand, I do know this. All we had to do was hang on to our double digit lead in the 4th quarter and that series would have been over. It's too bad we let them back in the series right there in that very quarter. For that, the Mavericks only have themselves to blame.

ponky
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
FIBA ball isnt a joke...i see why the man's tired...but he'll shake out of it and be in finals form by december

Of course it's no joke, but nobody told that to Wade. Now after losing to Greece he wants out next summer after realizing that he won't get the same calls from the FIBA refs, what a baby. And like others have noted, guys like Duncan, Ginobili, et al have had long schedules and didn't whine about it. It's alright though, it's understandable that Wade would wanna start making excuses early.

HeatOwnzNba
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Of course it's no joke, but nobody told that to Wade. Now after losing to Greece he wants out next summer after realizing that he won't get the same calls from the FIBA refs, what a baby. And like others have noted, guys like Duncan, Ginobili, et al have had long schedules and didn't whine about it. It's alright though, it's understandable that Wade would wanna start making excuses early.

You are so gonna be eating crow when he torches the mavs
again this season. The mavs have a good regular season
team, but when it comes down to the very end, they become
total pussies just like they showed.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 08:45 PM

No, that is a history mavs team. They showed they can go deep into the playoffs and make the finals and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it in 07.

Let's sit back and see what 'Flash' is gonna do now that he can't bitch about every little thing that comes to his mind.

ponky
10-27-2006, 10:45 PM

Well, at least you're saying that it will be the Mavs and not the Spurs in the 07 Finals...that's good enough for me right now because after all, we are on a spurs board. BTW, did you see how many minutes Wade had to play the other night in their loss to the Rockets? Over 32 minutes and he was the only dude in double digits, the ONLY dude. Ouch, wonder how long he's going to be able to carry his team to another championship given that he has no legs right now.

HeatOwnzNba
10-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, at least you're saying that it will be the Mavs and not the Spurs in the 07 Finals...that's good enough for me right now because after all, we are on a spurs board. BTW, did you see how many minutes Wade had to play the other night in their loss to the Rockets? Over 32 minutes and he was the only dude in double digits, the ONLY dude. Ouch, wonder how long he's going to be able to carry his team to another championship given that he has no legs right now.

First of all, it's a meaningless preseason game that nobody cares
about, and second, i never said anything about the mavs being
in the finals. The spurs have a much better team than the mavs
imo and they will beat the mavs unless the suns get to them
first.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 11:09 PM
First of all, it's a meaningless preseason game that nobody cares
about, and second, i never said anything about the mavs being
in the finals. The spurs have a much better team than the mavs
imo and they will beat the mavs unless the [B]suns]/B] get to them
first.

The Suns are officially not a factor anymore.

The west comes down to between the Spurs and Mavs.

Luck you, the Heat have nothing to worry about in the East.

David Stern
10-27-2006, 11:17 PM

The west comes down to between the Spurs and Mavs unless Stern gets involved.

:spin Fixed! :)

:flipoff :flipoff To the Mavs/Spurs/Pistons
:clap :elephant For the Heat/Suns/Lakers/Cavs

HeatOwnzNba
10-27-2006, 11:21 PM

The west comes down to between the Spurs and Mavs.

They have nothing to worry about in Dallas either.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 11:41 PM
They have nothing to worry about in Dallas either.

See:2nd round Western Conference playoffs

HeatOwnzNba
10-27-2006, 11:49 PM
See:2nd round Western Conference playoffs

What are you talking about? You said the heat has nothing to worry
about in the east and i said they have nothing to worry about in
dallas either.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Oh Ok, I see what you're saying now.

But no way. The East is so lopsided it's not funny. All 8 of the West's playoff teams are quality teams. The same can't be said about the East.

HeatOwnzNba
10-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh Ok, I see what you're saying now.

But no way. The East is so lopsided it's not funny. All 8 of the West's playoff teams are quality teams. The same can't be said about the East.

I agree that there's a higher amount of competitive teams in the west
but so what? All i care about is my team being on top at the very end.
That's what happened last year and i believe it will happen again this
year.

G-Money
10-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Wade is a joke. He should have known all of this stuff could happen before he got in the NBA. I have zero respect for this guy.

HeatOwnzNba
10-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Wade is a joke. He should have known all of this stuff could happen before he got in the NBA. I have zero respect for this guy.

But you'd take him on your team in a second.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Yes. Dirk and the Mavs were tired of being looked upon as a step under the Spurs, so he played aggresive and they beat the Spurs. Your a bigger homer than I am if you can't see that Dirk earned those FT's rather than them given to him.
Again, I've never said that Dirk didn't earn his trips to the line. And again, your implication is that Wade wasn't being aggressive and earning his trips to the line. Again, you are a hypocrite.

I'll give the Heat credit. They totally outplayed us in games 4 and 6. Games 3 and 5 they might have gotten extra help from bad calls, but hey shit happens. On the other hand, I do know this. All we had to do was hang on to our double digit lead in the 4th quarter and that series would have been over. It's too bad we let them back in the series right there in that very quarter. For that, the Mavericks only have themselves to blame.

So you give the Heat 50% credit, and blame the officials for fucking you two games. How big of you.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2006, 09:11 PM
I've said nothing about Wade not being aggresive against the Mavs. Stop putting words in my mouth, because as I recall, my post you just quoted had nothing to do with Wade.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
10-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Of course it's no joke, but nobody told that to Wade. Now after losing to Greece he wants out next summer after realizing that he won't get the same calls from the FIBA refs, what a baby. And like others have noted, guys like Duncan, Ginobili, et al have had long schedules and didn't whine about it. It's alright though, it's understandable that Wade would wanna start making excuses early.Wade isa shame to the NBA!

G-Money
10-29-2006, 06:29 PM
But you'd take him on your team in a second.

lol yeah right. If he was on my team I would bench the fucker and show him how to play real TEAM basketball. Then I would wave him.

HeatOwnzNba
10-30-2006, 12:21 AM
lol yeah right. If he was on my team I would bench the fucker and show him how to play real TEAM basketball. Then I would wave him.

If you did that, then i guess you're a lot dumber than i thought. And
one more thing, if you hate the heat as much as you sound like
you do, why are you using Glen Rice's old nickname?

G-Money
10-30-2006, 10:10 AM
If you did that, then i guess you're a lot dumber than i thought. And
one more thing, if you hate the heat as much as you sound like
you do, why are you using Glen Rice's old nickname?

I didnt even know it was his nickname.

nkdlunch
10-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm no fan of Wade, but I don't see why the hate towards him.

But one thing is for sure, the Heat had the easiest playoff path last year. I mean come on, they played the freakin NETS on their 2nd round :lol, then met Flip Saunders on East final :rolleyes.

I didn't see the finals vs. Mavs but I gotta beleive most ppl, that said Mavs choked like little bitches. IMO this coming season, Heat won't be handed the trophy on a silver platter like last year, and Wade knows it.

DarkReign
10-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I dont know what hurt more....

Watching the Heat beat the Pistons, or

watching DWade beat the Pistons when he should have been drafted by them.

str8killa3054life
10-30-2006, 06:04 PM
u dumb as hell and im pretty sure he does know that

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpghttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/ddww.jpg

dirk4mvp
10-30-2006, 06:07 PM
:lmao