PDA

View Full Version : America's Team

Brutalis
10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Is not the Cowboys. That slogan was cool in 1994 but got old after 12 years.

Cowboys suck. So if they are America's team that means America sucks huh. Hah.

Like I said. It got old. I'm tired of 20 old men coming into my store everyday talking about "America's Team" and how Romo will start and I peep "America's team died 12 years ago along with Saved by the Bell."

Get over it already. FYI Public announcement.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Write a letter to NFL films. Maybe someone there cares.

MajorMike
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
The Aints are America's team this year, for sure.

johngateswhiteley
10-26-2006, 04:16 PM
i hate the cowboys...hopefully one day they won't even be Texas's team.

Melmart1
10-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Uhh.. you DO realize that just because you didnt watch football before 1994 doesn't mean that the moniker of "America's Team" started then, do you? It is WAY older than 12 years and the NFL gave it to them, so STFU.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Uhh.. you DO realize that just because you didnt watch football before 1994 doesn't mean that the moniker of "America's Team" started then, do you? It is WAY older than 12 years and the NFL gave it to them, so STFU.

Yeah, I used to bitch about the America's team thing too until someone brought up a point and even provided statistics that Dallas has a larger fan base then any other team in the NFL.
I still wasn't convinced until that person (someone tell me who it was if they would like, he/she brought up an excellent point) brought up that no other team in the NFL can stir such emotions from NFL fans, be it hate or love.
So let them have their "America's Team" concept because either way, they still suck and have done so for quite some time now.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
The Cowboys are America's team in that the Yankees are America's team and so are the Lakers.

That's what it means to now be America's team, you either love them or fucking hate them with a passion that burns hotter then the flames of hell (like I do).

Either way though, they sure do blow.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Most of the people that seem to want to talk about the Cowboys are fans of another team. That says a lot about the people and the Cowboys. If you are a fan of the Broncos and you are talking about the Cowboys, that says even more about the fucking Broncos.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Most of the people that seem to want to talk about the Cowboys are fans of another team. That says a lot about the people and the Cowboys. If you are a fan of the Broncos and you are talking about the Cowboys, that says even more about the fucking Broncos.

Like I said earlier, I agree, the Cowboys stir up emotions in people, that's why they are "America's team".

As for what that says about the Broncos, I think we let the winning record stand for itself. Let's see, the Cowboys have been somewhere around worthless for the last ten years while I believe the Broncos have best winning percentage in all of football for the last ten years.

Hmm, now what does that say about the Cowboys. Sucks when your team blows huh?

leemajors
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Like I said earlier, I agree, the Cowboys stir up emotions in people, that's why they are "America's team".

As for what that says about the Broncos, I think we let the winning record stand for itself. Let's see, the Cowboys have been somewhere around worthless for the last ten years while I believe the Broncos have best winning percentage in all of football for the last ten years.

oh yeah, well the broncos lost to the cowboys in the super bowl around 30 years ago, so yeah! suck it and stuff. :drunk

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:28 PM
oh yeah, well the broncos lost to the cowboys in the super bowl around 30 years ago, so yeah! suck it and stuff. :drunk

See, they stir up emotions. The Cowboys and Packers have by far and away the most "storied" past, I can't, nor can anyone else take that away from them............so you guys will always have that.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
But they sure do blow nowadays.

samikeyp
10-26-2006, 05:31 PM
3-3 doesn't blow...techinically it "sucks a little" according to the scale of suckitude:

3-3 Sucks a little
3-4 Sucks a little more
3-5 Officially sucks
3-6 Really sucks
3-7 Damn...this team still sucks
3-8 This team blows, I am turning on Bowling.
:lol

Actually I have never agreed with the America's Team moniker. You all know I am a diehard Pokes fan but I believe everyone has a right to choose their own team. I think if anyone should be Americas Team...it should be that year's Super Bowl winner.

FWIW, the America's Team thing started in 1976 and was the title given to the Cowboys season highlight package for that year. It was given by NFL Films.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:37 PM
3-3 doesn't blow...techinically it "sucks a little" according to the scale of suckitude:

3-3 Sucks a little
3-4 Sucks a little more
3-5 Officially sucks
3-6 Really sucks

:lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Actually some dead guy who worked for the cowbays came up with it.

johnsmith
10-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Who are the Cowbays? Seriously though, I thought it was NFL films, who did come up with it?

samikeyp
10-26-2006, 05:55 PM

Um...no.

I was correct and so was johnsmith

There is one correction though..it was 1978 not 1976.

link (http://groups.msn.com/DallasCowboysAficionados/howthename39america39s39cameabout.msnw)

Although I agree with US Olympic teams being called "America's Team"

Melmart1
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah I figured it was aroudn the time I was born. But for Brutalis to imply it was 1994... HAHAHA. If you are going to start a thread bitching abotu something.. at least know what the fuck you are bitching about.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah I figured it was aroudn the time I was born. But for Brutalis to imply it was 1994... HAHAHA. If you are going to start a thread bitching abotu something.. at least know what the fuck you are bitching about.

Look at where Brutalis is from. He can't help it.

Brutalis, awmyplace....we're not dealing with Rhodes Scholars here.

FromWayDowntown
10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I hadn't realized that the title came along so late in time; and I had thought that was a Tex Schramm brainchild -- guess that was wrong.

Odd that NFL Films hung that title on the Cowboys after they lost Super Bowl XIII . . . .

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 10:45 PM

What does all that say about the Cowboys? It says that they fucking own you since you have this great team yet you feel the need to try to bag on a bad team to feel better. :lol

Obstructed_View
10-26-2006, 10:48 PM

3-3 Sucks a little
3-4 Sucks a little more
3-5 Officially sucks
3-6 Really sucks

Actually I have never agreed with the America's Team moniker. You all know I am a diehard Pokes fan but I believe everyone has a right to choose their own team. I think if anyone should be Americas Team...it should be that year's Super Bowl winner.

FWIW, the America's Team thing started in 1976 and was the title given to the Cowboys season highlight package for that year. It was given by NFL Films.

Considering the expectations for the Cowboys at the beginning of the year, and considering the schedule they have upcoming and the turmoil the team is in, you have to kick them up three or four suck points.

samikeyp
10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Technically....the Cowboys and Broncos do not own the other.

All time, including SB 12......5-5. :)

NorCal510
10-26-2006, 10:56 PM

if thats the case, the patriots are americas team

Extra Stout
10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
The Cowboys are a lot like America.

Both peaked in the '90s.

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 08:23 AM
if thats the case, the patriots are americas team

Nah, statistically the Cowboys have far more fans then the Patriots.

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 08:24 AM
What does all that say about the Cowboys? It says that they fucking own you since you have this great team yet you feel the need to try to bag on a bad team to feel better. :lol

No, what it says is that nothing makes me feel better then bagging on Cowboys fans like you. Not all Cowboys fans, just one's like you because you take it so personally. I love it.

Go Panthers.

Hook Dem
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
No, what it says is that nothing makes me feel better then bagging on Cowboys fans like you. Not all Cowboys fans, just one's like you because you take it so personally. I love it.

Go Panthers.
Karma's a bitch! May your Broncos be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels! :downspin:

MajorMike
10-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Look at where Brutalis is from. He can't help it.

Brutalis, awmyplace....we're not dealing with Rhodes Scholars here.

Next he will be saying that if the Cowboys played in the SEC they wouldn't have won any games yet.

samikeyp
10-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Next he will be saying that if the Cowboys played in the SEC they wouldn't have won any games yet.

Or you will. :)

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Karma's a bitch! May your Broncos be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels! :downspin:

Agreed...........in fact, I've been reading some articles that have Denver beating Indy this weekend and we all know what that means, Indy in a blowout.........D'OH!

Obstructed_View
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Go Panthers.
I know the feeling. I won a bet on the Super Bowl one year where I gave the other guy six touchdowns. That was a satisfying game to watch.

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I know the feeling. I won a bet on the Super Bowl one year where I gave the other guy six touchdowns. That was a satisfying game to watch.

Was that a bet made recently?

Obstructed_View
10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Was that a bet made recently?
You must be a math major.

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
You must be a math major.

Ok, I'll bite, why must I be a math major?

Obstructed_View
10-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Ok, I'll bite, why must I be a math major?
How many super bowls in the history of super bowls would I have won by giving a team 42 points?

johnsmith
10-27-2006, 02:58 PM
How many super bowls in the history of super bowls would I have won by giving a team 42 points?

How many?