PDA

View Full Version : Borat

King
10-26-2006, 11:56 PM
I saw a sneak of it tonight. Overall, I'd give it a 3.5 or 4 out of 5. Hilarious. But, at times it just seemed too long. It was the same thing over and over. But still, funny. I probably won't watch it again, but it's definitely worth seeing if you like Ali G/Borat.

And the hotel scene. Oh, the hotel scene.

screamformelongbeach
10-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I saw a sneak of it tonight. Overall, I'd give it a 3.5 or 4 out of 5. Hilarious. But, at times it just seemed too long. It was the same thing over and over. But still, funny. I probably won't watch it again, but it's definitely worth seeing if you like Ali G/Borat.

And the hotel scene. Oh, the hotel scene.

I can't wait to see it. Anyone know of any other sneaks before it officially opens next weekend?

lilmads
10-27-2006, 01:18 AM
I can't wait to see it!! Booyakasha (if that's how you spell it)!

Texas_Ranger
10-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Borat is the best.
Nice, I likee.

samikeyp
10-27-2006, 09:59 AM
If you don't watch, I will be execute.

leemajors
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
i hear regal and several other chains dropped it after initial screenings. may not be coming soon to some. distributor also cut the amount of prints going out by quite a bit.

boutons_
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
October 27, 2006

Borat Star's Next Film Sparks Bidding War

By REUTERS

Filed at 5:51 a.m. ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ``Bruno,'' English comedian Sacha Baron Cohen's follow-up to next week's release ''Borat,'' triggered an intense bidding war in Hollywood on Thursday.Pictures had offered more than $42 million for worldwide rights to the film.

As in the case of ``Borat,'' Jay Roach would produce with Baron Cohen. No director is on board, though it has been reported that Baron Cohen wants to shoot the movie in the summer.

In ``Bruno,'' he will call upon another of his alter egos, a gay fashionista from Austria. Bruno fancies himself as ``the voice of Austrian youth TV.'' In his appearances on Baron Cohen's ``Da Ali G Show,'' the character sashayed from New York Fashion Week to Miami nightclubs.

Fox, one of the contenders for ``Bruno,'' is releasing the Larry Charles-directed ``Borat'' on November 3. Concerned that the movie wasn't registering strongly enough in tracking polls, the studio has scaled back its opening to about 800 theaters in hopes of building word-of-mouth.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Mixability
10-27-2006, 10:47 AM
I can't wait to see it!! Booyakasha (if that's how you spell it)!

Does Ali G even come out?

alamo50
10-27-2006, 11:58 AM
I prefer Ali G. over both Borat and Bruno.

King
10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Does Ali G even come out?

No, it's Borat the entire time.