PDA

View Full Version : Robert Swift Out For Season

Pistons < Spurs
10-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Seattle Post-Intelligencer - The Sonics will enter their 40th season without one of their key younger players, as the Seattle Post-Intelligencer learned Thursday night that center Robert Swift will miss the season with a right knee injury.

According to a Sonics player and another member of the organization, Swift's MRI revealed major damage that will cost him the year. Team physician Richard Zorn will examine the MRI results today and the team is expected to make an announcement this afternoon.

The Sonics player said the team was informed of the news before Thursday's 111-107 overtime preseason win over Golden State at Spokane Arena.

Sonics coach Bob Hill refused to address the extent of Swift's injury before the game, telling reporters the team would handle the results upon its return to Seattle. Swift, 20, was injured in the first two minutes of the team's 103-88 win over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.

"I feel really bad for Robert because he worked so hard," Hill said after Wednesday's game. "He came in to Furtado (Center) every day and lifted and it made a difference. I was really excited for him."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42944/20061027/robert_swift_out_for_season/

AFBlue
10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
There goes the season.... :lol

Just Kidding. That sucks, but I doubt there's much talent difference between Swift, Petro, and Saene, so while it hurts his development, it certianly isn't going to make the team any worse off than they already were.

alamo50
10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I doubt there's much talent difference between Swift, Petro, and Saene, so while it hurts his development, it certianly isn't going to make the team any worse off than they already were.

Are you being serious?!?!

boutons_
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
so what was it? popped his ACL? MCL? badly damaged his cartilege?

Very tough luck. That bad of a knee injury probably knocks a few notches of his potential, esp if his main attraction was athleticism.

whottt
10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Petro and Swift were close but Swift had won out due to having a little bit more polish...

Petro is going to surprise some people though...he's going to be the best C the Sonics have had in a while. He's got all the skills you want in a C....and this was Swift's one and only chance to take the starter's job.

AFBlue
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Are you being serious?!?!

Yeah. I know he was hyped coming out of high school, but he's been in the league a couple years now and has yet to establish himself. He had similar stats with Petro and while he won the starting job, I doubt he would've created a "minute" desparity between him and the other centers. If he was so good, why would the Sonics go out and draft another Center?

My point was to say that their offense is predicated on Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Luke Ridnour, and oh yeah...Ray Allen. So whatever talent this kid MAY have had over the other two possibles, it's simply not going to make that much of a difference.

Dirk41MVP
10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Who's Robert Swift ? :downspin:

BUMP
10-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Seattle Post-Intelligencer - The Sonics will enter their 40th season without one of their key younger players, as the Seattle Post-Intelligencer learned Thursday night that center Robert Swift will miss the season with a right knee injury.

According to a Sonics player and another member of the organization, Swift's MRI revealed major damage that will cost him the year. Team physician Richard Zorn will examine the MRI results today and the team is expected to make an announcement this afternoon.

The Sonics player said the team was informed of the news before Thursday's 111-107 overtime preseason win over Golden State at Spokane Arena.

Sonics coach Bob Hill refused to address the extent of Swift's injury before the game, telling reporters the team would handle the results upon its return to Seattle. Swift, 20, was injured in the first two minutes of the team's 103-88 win over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.

"I feel really bad for Robert because he worked so hard," Hill said after Wednesday's game. "He came in to Furtado (Center) every day and lifted and it made a difference. I was really excited for him."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42944/20061027/robert_swift_out_for_season/

was that really necessary? really was it?

AFBlue
10-27-2006, 01:27 PM
was that really necessary? really was it?

Yeah, so they can point to the 40th as being the last and this kid's injury as triggering the move of this team to Oklahoma City next year.

AFBlue
10-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Looks like it's a torn ACL...

mikejones99
10-27-2006, 03:17 PM
would they win 30 with or without him? will it be the oklahoma Sonics?

Kori Ellis
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Petro and Swift were close but Swift had won out due to having a little bit more polish...

Petro is going to surprise some people though...he's going to be the best C the Sonics have had in a while. He's got all the skills you want in a C....and this was Swift's one and only chance to take the starter's job.

Petro has been horrible so far in practice and pre-season this year. So horrible that they are contemplating the use of Collison as the starting center.

They are going to use Petro, but I doubt it lasts more than a couple weeks.

Sene will start by the end of the year.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Who in this entire world would have thought that the Sonics drafting an 18 year old Ginger would pan out to be a good idea? Who, i ask?

Kori Ellis
10-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Sene was named the starter.

whottt
10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Petro has been horrible so far in practice and pre-season this year. So horrible that they are contemplating the use of Collison as the starting center.

They are going to use Petro, but I doubt it lasts more than a couple weeks.

Sene will start by the end of the year.

Have you looked at what Sene's been doing?

Anyway, Petro sucked last year in preseason too...his pre season this year was actually better I think. He half asses it a lot of the time...like 90% of the C's in the league.

But he puts up good numbers in all categories when he has a good game, he just doesn't do it consistently. I don't know how he practices...

Kori Ellis
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Sene is better than Petro right now. I think Sene will get a lot of blocks, but foul out if he's used more than 15 minutes a game.

I'm just saying that their organization is higher on the potential and the work ethic of Sene than they are on Petro's.

They announced Petro would start and now they've already re-tracted that. Sene is starting in their opener.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Sene will one day average 4bpg!