PDA

View Full Version : ITW Tim Duncan by TP on the french Radio

leonarth
11-01-2004, 05:38 AM
As a special guest in the «Tony Parker Show », Tim Duncan was interviewed by Tony the journalist

So Tim, impatient to start this new season ?

I am extremely happy to know the season starts next week. We are all excited by this new Spurs' team. We are ready for real games and not pre-season.. (laughs). A few good players arrived this summer and with Brent Barry and Beno Udrih, I believe the that the team is stronger than last year.

Who do you see as our biggest rivals ?

The Western Conference is extremely competitive. I think anyone can match up with us, Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento and Minnesota. Regarding the Lakers, the departure of Shaquille O'Neal will make it difficult for them to clinch a playoffs berth.

What do you think about Miami ?

The arrival of Shaq changed the face of this team. It is truely a better team but they need to learn to play together. I strongly believe that they can get good results within this first year.

Not too tired after the Olympic Games in Athens ?

Not at all. I am ready for this season. Regarding the Olympic Games, we played against very good teams. I was disapointed for the US but happy for Manu (Ginobili) who won the gold with Argentina.

Do you think you will be back with the national team after the loss in Athens ?

I do not foresee myself coming back in the national team. Never say never but I cannot see myself coming back four years from now to play in the Beijing olympic games.

Who can be the MVP this season ?

Myself but for this to happen, you (Tony) will have to throw me some assists! (Laughs)

Can I be an All-Star this year ?

Absolutely. Since you arrived in the NBA you've improved a lot. Now, if you would like to get to the All-Star Game, you'll have to hit the gym more often (Laughs)

One word on the new duo in Houston made up of McGrady-Yao Ming.

I do not think they will be as dominant as Kobe (Bryant) and Shaq (O'Neal), but we will have to keep an eye on them, they can form a good duo.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Thank you very much for the transcript. Welcome to the forum!

xcoriate
11-01-2004, 06:24 AM
awesome work