PDA

View Full Version : I think we've got a good rivalry on our hands when...

Amuseddaysleeper
10-27-2006, 06:01 PM
even a PRE SEASON game against Dallas gets you pumped up :lol

Now that they've finally knocked us off in the playoffs, has this rivalry taken on the "SA-LA" rivalry of right now? I remember a Pop interview from way back where he said he missed the Lakers. At first I thought he was crazy but eventually I understood what he meant. Playing the Lakers 4 times a year plus the playoffs was like having the superbowl 8 times a year for me. And while it's still nice to beat them, it obviously isn't the same as the shaq=kobe heyday.

So my question is, how "intense" would you rate this SA Mavs rivalry after you factor in the events of the 2006 playoffs?

Zunni
10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
No, because LA had something we wanted. Do you want to go to the Finals and lose? That's what Dallas has...

Trainwreck2100
10-27-2006, 07:36 PM
This is nowhere near LA, I hated Shaq, Kobe, and Phil those years. THe only member of the Mavs I hate is Mark Cuban, cause he's an asshole

dav4463
10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I get the feeling that the rivalry is bigger to the Mavericks than the Spurs. Spurs have been there, done that. Mavericks haven't.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 10:24 PM
This is nowhere near LA, I hated Shaq, Kobe, and Phil those years. THe only member of the Mavs I hate is Mark Cuban, cause he's an asshole

:lol

sprrs
10-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I get the feeling that the rivalry is bigger to the Mavericks than the Spurs. Spurs have been there, done that. Mavericks haven't.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers felt that way about us too.

phyzik
10-27-2006, 10:43 PM

Signature material.

Zunni
10-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the Lakers felt that way about us too.
They shouldn't have. We beat them twice, and they beat us 3 times in a six year span, with one no contest when the two teams didn't meet in 2000 with Tim injured for the playoffs. We had 2 titles and they had 3, with them not winning once after they beat us, in 2004. That was a rivalry.

sprrs
10-27-2006, 11:00 PM
They shouldn't have. We beat them twice, and they beat us 3 times in a six year span, with one no contest when the two teams didn't meet in 2000 with Tim injured for the playoffs. We had 2 titles and they had 3, with them not winning once after they beat us, in 2004. That was a rivalry.

You have a point there. I was just taking into account 1999-2002. LA owned us during that time span.

BUMP
10-27-2006, 11:19 PM

doubt it. guys are in hear 24/7 throwing down the Mavs when nobody really cares

dirk4mvp
10-27-2006, 11:27 PM
doubt it. guys are in hear 24/7 throwing down the Mavs when nobody really cares

It does mean more to the Mavs. When the little brother gets strong, he tries to whoop his big brother's ass.

shaggy17
10-27-2006, 11:30 PM
The Spurs/Lakers rivalry did have its share of hate but both teams respected the hell out of each other. Yes I hated that Lakers team with a passion but I respected the fuck out of them because of their history and they had great players and got the job done. From 99-03 we swaped championships. We won the last game at the forum and they won the last game at the alamodome.We were the first team to eliminate them during the Staples Center era and vice versa. We went 15-2 in 99 and they went 15-1 in 01. Both teams swept each other. The winner of that series (excluding 04) went on to win the title. Spurs/Mavs do have a hated rivalry but this will never come close to how great the Lakers rivalry was.

gospursgojas
10-28-2006, 02:01 AM

I pretty much hate Dirk for the 90 times he will go to the freethrow line being a jumpshooter.

And I hate Terry's PUNK ASS.... acts hard and them punches another guy in the nuts.

Ohh yeah I hate Mark CUban too, but that goes without saying

LilMissSPURfect
10-28-2006, 02:53 AM
I pretty much hate Dirk for the 90 times he will go to the freethrow line being a jumpshooter.

And I hate Terry's PUNK ASS.... acts hard and them punches another guy in the nuts.

:clap :clap

howbouthemspurs
10-29-2006, 10:10 PM

End discrimination. Hate everybody!

~~Ice Man 2000~~
10-30-2006, 08:04 AM
If dallas wouldn't of choked in the finals it would be a good one.