PDA

View Full Version : beno udrih MUST be the backup

zocool16
10-27-2006, 09:35 PM
as if u guys weren't thinking that already...

phxspurfan
10-27-2006, 09:41 PM
i didnt realize this guy had that good of a shot. just for that reason he should be on active roster for endgame situations

bdictjames
10-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Have you seen that steal he made when Croshere wasn't looking? Or that football-like receive from Manu and reverse layup? Beno's really proven himself

Zunni
10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Beno hasn't proven anything except that he can possibly not suck in a pre-season game. His shooting has never been a problem, it's his fucking atrocious ball handling.

timvp
10-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Beno played well. Props to him. He looked 100% out there.

Now if he can just stay healthy . . .

ploto
10-27-2006, 10:18 PM
i didnt realize this guy had that good of a shot. just for that reason he should be on active roster for endgame situations
Led the Spurs in 3 point FG% as a Rookie.

Mr. Body
10-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Dude always had the talent. It was the heart and work ethic.

AFBlue
10-27-2006, 10:20 PM
No way this kid starts out on the Inactive List after that performance. It's gotta be Williams, who didn't do a DAMN thing, and I guess Butler, who is still figuring stuff out.

phyzik
10-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Beno played good but Im still thinking he has alot to prove to be in front of Vaughn who was just as good.

ashbeeigh
10-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Beno hasn't proven anything except that he can possibly not suck in a pre-season game. His shooting has never been a problem, it's his fucking atrocious ball handling.

I agree with you 100%, although, I do believe in everyonne else that there is no way he'll be on the IR list on the 2nd.

ro_50
10-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Williams is terribly out of shape.

T Park
10-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Hes mastered jump shots, now lets see him bring the ball past half court without having a miscarriage.

boutons_
10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Beno looked fantastic considering how little he has played in pre-season.

JV looked very good. I think we're in GREAT SHAPE at PG, even if one goes down.

Elson really surprised me. He looked great considering his press coverage here.

Eric Williams looked the worst. I didn't think he was carrying any excess weight but he was really lost, which is expected considering he hasn't practiced or played much.

Fabri was very active, and looked very confident and comfortable.

leemajors
10-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Hes mastered jump shots, now lets see him bring the ball past half court without having a miscarriage.

zing! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
10-27-2006, 11:15 PM
lets see spurs package his ass and get something better :tu

Kori Ellis
10-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Williams is terribly out of shape.

Yeah it's crazy to me. I didn't see him much in Toronto last year, so I don't know if he ballooned over the summer or it was a slow process. Either way, he has a long way to go before looking like 2004 Eric Williams.

BIG IRISH
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM

That also includes his mental health!

angel_luv
10-28-2006, 12:46 AM

Beno was awesome. He made what. 5 out of 6 shots and didn't he guard Terry part of the time?
I kept up as best I could while I worked. :angel

I liked Beno playing the two guard- he was good at it. I still want to see him as the back up point guard.

My faith in him was fully rewarded, I'm so proud! :clap

Texas_Ranger
10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
I still want to see him as the back up point guard.

Yea, me too. I think he is better than Vaughn and he is much younger than him. In Beno is the future.

thispego
10-28-2006, 01:43 AM

Beno played good but Im still thinking he has alot to prove to be in front of Vaughn who was just as good.
BAM! that says it all right there
Beno played awesome tongiht, but was it because he was coming off injury and insult and had something to prove? will it last? can it last? :dizzy

THE SIXTH MAN
10-28-2006, 02:17 AM
J.V. had a good game as well.

themvp
10-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Yea, me too. I think he is better than Vaughn and he is much younger than him. In Beno is the future.

Agree. He has talent, but he must stay healthy. Go Beno!

mountainballer
10-28-2006, 11:14 AM

lot of talent.
little heart. no work ethic.

when Beno first played euroleague with Olympia at 18, he looked like one of the greatest playmaking talents in Europe.
when he joined Maccabi at 20, he was out of shape for the whole season.
when Maccabi signed Jasikevicius the next year, Beno (then 21) didn't rave about the chance to play alongside the best player in Europe theses days, he wanted to leave the team and did everything to get out of Tel Aviv.
when he ended up in Russia (and when contract/salary problems whatever, were reported, Beno immediatly got injured, went to Italy and didn't return)

when the Spurs drafted Beno i was very excited, because i thought this should be exactly the environment that helps him to focus and to mature.
but it's obviously, that Beno again isn't happy to play the second fiddle.
Spurs tried to trade him 2005 for Jarret Jack (what a great deal this would have been!), but the Blazers didn't bite. people thought, this was because of his bad series against the Pistons, but common, Tony would have been traded more than one time, if a bad PO series makes Pop to give up on a player.
when Pop went public some weeks ago and doubted his commitment, it was once again obvious, that he's very unhappy with the person Beno (and not the talented player Beno).

i hope that Beno will be traded, because i think it's a never ending story. beno will show some good games, people get excited that now he will turn around and will flourish.
but i think it's just a question of time till the next disappointing thing happens.
as long as he isn't starting (and we know this won't happen, except Tony gets injured), he will play his "I'm not interested" game.
(especially when his free agency is next door, he will think he needs more playing time to be able to get a better contract offer)
so, let's play Beno a bit to showcase him, his talent should be quite attracting enough to find a team that will take him for a good price.

right now Indy could be interested, they are more unhappy with Tinsley and Jasikevicius than ever. (both are TO machines in the pre). combined with the superior number of athletic SFs they have and their need for 3 point shooting and their problem that they have to cut two players anyhow, they would be a logical trade partner 1 for 2 (like Beno for Marshall+Greene), or 2 for 3. (like Beno + Bonner for Marshall+Greene+Baston or Powell)

wildbill2u
10-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I read where Beno lost the ball on a drive last night and folks are concerned about him handling the ball. Hasn't any other player ever lost the ball on an error before. Didn't he respond with a steal of his own? Pop said in a video after the game that Beno played really well.

Why can't fans just be happy that a guy is playing well. I couldn't watch the game but from everything I hear we now have TWO pretty good backup PGs. I can live with that.

angel_luv
10-28-2006, 11:47 AM
What did you guys think about Beno playing the two guard?

I still want Beno to be the back up point guard- but I enjoyed him playing that position as well.

He was great all around.

picnroll
10-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Who'll eat mre crow this year? timvp for Elson or TPark for Beno. I'll guess timvp simply because TPark would never admit he was wrong.

angel_luv
10-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Who'll eat mre crow this year? timvp for Elson or TPark for Beno. I'll guess timvp simply because TPark would never admit he was wrong.

For the Spurs sake, I hope both guys are served up equal portions. :)

Bruno
10-28-2006, 12:41 PM
i hope that Beno will be traded, because i think it's a never ending story.

Beno is still young, he can improve his attitude/work ethic.
Trading beno just to trade Beno is stupid : He is a young players with upside and a cheap contract, there is no reason to trade him for scrubs.

they would be a logical trade partner 1 for 2 (like Beno for Marshall+Greene)

Greene and Marshall are scrubs.
If Spurs want a player like Marshall, they can sign Ebi.

What did you guys think about Beno playing the two guard?

I still want Beno to be the back up point guard- but I enjoyed him playing that position as well.

He was great all around.

:elephant Beno is back.

Spurs still have a lot of players to play SG (Ginobili, Finley and Barry). I will rather give the SG playtime to them. But if one of them is injured or if Barry is traded, Beno at SG can work well in certains matchups.

HIP HOOPERS
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
when Beno first played euroleague with Olympia at 18, he looked like one of the greatest playmaking talents in Europe.
when he joined Maccabi at 20, he was out of shape for the whole season.
when Maccabi signed Jasikevicius the next year, Beno (then 21) didn't rave about the chance to play alongside the best player in Europe theses days, he wanted to leave the team and did everything to get out of Tel Aviv.
when he ended up in Russia (and when contract/salary problems whatever, were reported, Beno immediatly got injured, went to Italy and didn't return)

Except for the first sentence, you got it ALL wrong! Terribly WRONG!

Slo spurs fan
10-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Except for the first sentence, you got it ALL wrong! Terribly WRONG!
No heīs not. He is Benosī father, so he should know all that stuff :rolleyes and you are just his good friend so you donīt know shit.

angel_luv
10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I think I missed something.

duncan2k5
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
No heīs not. He is Benosī father, so he should know all that stuff :rolleyes and you are just his good friend so you donīt know shit.
is he really beno's father?

i really dont get why you guys thrash beno. ive always thought he was good enough to be a possible starter on other teams. plus i like the way the ball moves when he is on the floor. and he knows how to play without the ball. he can also shoot and finish around the hoop. he just never gets the chance to show himself like that because his mistakes get magnified by ppl. if he gets consistent minutes, there will be consistent results. imagine if manu got benched everytime he turned over the ball before he became a star...

MrChug
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Vaughn showed me as much as Beno did. Beno had a bit more flash, and had a few highlight film plays. Jacque was solid. Jacque looked much more comfortable running the offense than Beno did. I agree the Udrih is the Spurs future at backup (maybe even solid tradebait the more he improves?), but I think Pop will make a situational decision from game to game, from quarter to quarter.