PDA

View Full Version : Messed up PS3 commercial

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_893pvEFzE

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif the hell?

dirk4mvp
10-28-2006, 09:15 PM
:wtf :wtf

What the hell are they trying? Every 7 year old in the world is gonna have fuked up nightmares tonight.

Zombie
10-28-2006, 09:46 PM
:wtf :wtf

What the hell are they trying? Every 7 year old in the world is gonna have fuked up nightmares tonight.
just sleep with your mom and dad! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-28-2006, 09:49 PM
:lol Well I guess when you have a piece of shit product you're trying to sell for $700, you go for the misdirection marketing campaign. :lol

E20
10-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't know what was that, but I'm getting tired of video games -_-. Maybe when the price goes down several hundred I'll buy a NextGen console, right now it's basketball season.

NorCal510
10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirk4mvp
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
:lol Well I guess when you have a piece of shit product you're trying to sell for $700, you go for the misdirection marketing campaign. :lol

$500. And if you bought a $400 Xbox 360 and 2 years of LIVE, everything is even.

We'll see if it's a "piece of shit" Nov. 17.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2006, 10:22 PM
I actually think its going to rock, the problem is even if it does rock $600 is still too much money to spend in games all at once. I mean, I have a PS2 and I don't think I've even spent $600 on it in the 3 1/2 years I've had it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
$500. And if you bought a $400 Xbox 360 and 2 years of LIVE, everything is even.

We'll see if it's a "piece of shit" Nov. 17.

$599 for the premium PS3 console
$30 for the remote to play movies (that is Bluetooth, not IR, so you can't use a universal remote)
$70 for Sony's HDMI cable
$50 for an extra controller

All that before you even buy a game or a blur-ray movie.

You might want to check your math, fanboy. Not to mention the fact you won't be able to buy a PS3 for those prices, due to Sony's short supply, until late in 2007.

I'm amazed you can pull Cuban's dick out of your mouth long enough to suck Sony's.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
$599 for the premium PS3 console
$30 for the remote to play movies (that is Bluetooth, not IR, so you can't use a universal remote)
$70 for Sony's HDMI cable
$50 for an extra controller

All that before you even buy a game or a blur-ray movie.

You might want to check your math, fanboy. Not to mention the fact you won't be able to buy a PS3 for those prices, due to Sony's short supply, until late in 2007.

I'm amazed you can pull Cuban's dick out of your mouth long enough to suck Sony's.
wow... lot of repressed anger there Aggie boy... what happened? take theroc's year long celibacy vow and you already in withdrawal? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
wow... lot of repressed anger there Aggie boy... what happened? take theroc's year long celibacy vow and you already in withdrawal? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Not really anger. Thanks for the concern though. I'm just tired of Sony trying to push their proprietary, overpriced bullshit on everyone.

I hope they fail miserably.

Slomo
10-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Guys I'm disappointed, it's obviously a weird (and somewhat misguided) reference to the black monolith and ending sequence of Kubrik's 2001 odyssey.

And as such it targets a more mature audience, which to me is strange since it's a game console. They probably figured out they need to address an audience that can afford the box :lol

Clandestino
10-29-2006, 07:37 AM
the average gamer is older, not young kids

Slomo
10-29-2006, 07:39 AM
the average gamer is older, not young kidsreally?

How old?

Clandestino
10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
i think i read 25-35... had to do with the first nintendo coming out when when that age group was old enough to start playing real video games that seemed more like the ones at the arcade...and not the atari squares

Clandestino
10-29-2006, 07:45 AM
http://www.theesa.com/facts/top_10_facts.php

TOP 10 INDUSTRY FACTS

1. U.S. computer and video game software sales grew four percent in 2005 to $7 billion -- a more than doubling of industry software sales since 1996.

2. Sixty-nine percent of American heads of households play computer and video games.

3. The average game player is 33 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

4. The average age of the most frequent game buyer is 40 years old. In 2006, 93 percent of computer game buyers and 83 percent of console game buyers were over the age of 18.

5. Eighty-five percent of all games sold in 2005 were rated "E" for Everyone, "T" for Teen, or "E10+" for Everyone 10+. For more information on ratings, please see www.esrb.org.

6. Eighty-seven percent of game players under the age of 18 report that they get their parents’ permission when renting or buying games, and 89 percent say their parents are present when they buy games.

7. Thirty-five percent of American parents say they play computer and video games. Further, 80 percent of gamer parents say they play video games with their kids. Sixty-six percent feel that playing games has brought their families closer together.

8. Thirty-eight percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (30%) than boys age 17 or younger (23%).

9. In 2005, 25 percent of Americans over the age of 50 played video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.

10. Forty-four percent of game players say they play games online one or more hours per week. In addition, 32 percent of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.

Duncan21
10-29-2006, 07:54 AM
:lol nice ad! :wtf

Slomo
10-29-2006, 08:03 AM
3. The average game player is 33 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

4. The average age of the most frequent game buyer is 40 years old. In 2006, 93 percent of computer game buyers and 83 percent of console game buyers were over the age of 18.
:huh

That's way more than I thought! I mean I knew that video games are no longer the domain of 15 years old, but 33 and 40! (personally I would have guessed late twenty's as the average age for gamers).

Knowing this, Sony's PS3 price tag (and ad) make much more sense now.

dirk4mvp
10-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I hope they fail miserably.

Too bad it won't. And how much is that bullshit piece of HD-DVD add on?

MS shouldn't be worrying about Sony. They're gonna have thier hands full trying to keep up with Nintendo.

dirk4mvp
10-29-2006, 11:39 AM

I thought I was the immature 16 year old here?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM

Too bad it won't. And how much is that bullshit piece of HD-DVD add on?

MS shouldn't be worrying about Sony. They're gonna have thier hands full trying to keep up with Nintendo.

How do you know? If you think a first generation console running on all new technology is going to be flawless when it comes out, you've got another thing coming to you. It's obvious Sony has issues, or they wouldn't have pushed their launch back from March of this year to November, and now we're hearing that they won't even meet their launch hype as far as number of consoles.

MS is going to be just fine. They'll have 10 million 360s in homes by the end of this year, whereas Sony is scrambling to even come up with enough parts for 2 million PS3s.

Bullshit HD-DVD add-on? Hmm, it's $199, but it's also the #1 product on Amazon and has been for about two weeks now. And it's a direct indication of folks wanting to use the 360 for HD movie playback, unlike Sony's rationale that everyone who buys a PS3 will use it (and shell out additional money for a remote) as a movie player.

You want to talk movies? Watch the HD-DVD add-on sales vs. Sony PS3 remote sales over the next few months, that will be the indicator of how movie viewing on those consoles is going.

And for the foreseeable future, it's not $600 or even $700 to get into the PS3, it's going to run people well over $1000, probably $2K for the rest of the year due to Sony's poorly handled launch ramp up.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I want Blu-Ray to win this little Beta/VHS war, but I don't think it will happen. The technology is so revolutionary that it will be hard for them to offer a cheap product to the consumer. Plus, Sony is a bitch with their copyrights...