PDA

View Full Version : already posted? OBL interpretation threatened red states..

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2004, 11:52 AM
http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm

November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."

"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.

Hook Dem
11-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Bring it on Bad Boy! :makemyday :makemyday This is Hook Dem and I approve of this message.

Spurminator
11-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Yes'sir massa bin Laden.

Shit, if I'd known about this, I would've voted for Bush.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I will not allow OBL to influence my vote.
Or Curt Schilling, or Bruce Springsteen, or Arnold the Governator...maybe Jessica Alba.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2004, 03:58 PM
well come on down to Texas Osama. Just promise you pick a place and a time, and instead of cowardly attacking the unarmed, you and your boys come down and face up for a fair fight.

I remember reading something about affording your opponent respect and dignity, but you don't do that by flying airliners into buildings or cheap shotting with suicide bombings.

Nut up and let's settle this face to face.

Nbadan
11-01-2004, 04:17 PM
This come from MEMRI, a right-wing advocacy group disguised as a translation service based in Washington DC and Jeruselum.

NeoConIV
11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
This come from MEMRI, a right-wing advocacy group disguised as a translation service based in Washington DC and Jeruselum.

http://uhavax.hartford.edu/gromko/cheerleaders.jpg
Gimme an O!!

Gimme an S!!

Gimme an A!!

Gimme an M!!

Gimme an A!!

What do you get??

GOOOOOOO OSAMA!!

Hook Dem
11-01-2004, 07:13 PM
http://uhavax.hartford.edu/gromko/cheerleaders.jpg
Gimme an O!!

Gimme an S!!

Gimme an A!!

Gimme an M!!

Gimme an A!!

What do you get??

GOOOOOOO OSAMA!!
Hammer....Nail....Bam! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Shit Dan, Osama could show up on your doorstep Wednesday and start sawing off your head for being in a Bush state, and you'd probably pound out a dieing post on here about how Osama's a nice guy because he's holding your hair back while Zarqawi does the sawing.

Hook Dem
11-01-2004, 07:49 PM
well come on down to Texas Osama. Just promise you pick a place and a time, and instead of cowardly attacking the unarmed, you and your boys come down and face up for a fair fight.

I remember reading something about affording your opponent respect and dignity, but you don't do that by flying airliners into buildings or cheap shotting with suicide bombings.

Nut up and let's settle this face to face.
You and I should be able to handle this. We might call 'ol Gopher George back to help us. :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Amen Hook Dem. Gopher George is over there with his life on the line every day so tools like Dan can post here, I think GG should get first shot at OBL. I'll be happy to take Fat Bastard (Zawahari).

T Park
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
ive got my Taylor Made driver out for a swing at the diaperheads head.

Of course Dan, him saying hed attack Red states means hes a right winger right, god your ineptitude is astounding.

Yonivore
11-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Curious that al Jazeera didn't play that part or, at least, accurately interpret that part...

Hell, all that was missing was a Kerry/Edwards campaign button on bin Laden's ratty clothes...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Bump.

Hey Osama, game on bitch!!! [/America]