PDA

View Full Version : 1 million sq. ft. retail center coming to Stevens Ranch.

Buddy Holly
10-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Dallas developer has big plans for Potranco Rd. tract

San Antonio Business Journal - October 27, 2006by Tricia Lynn Silva and W. Scott Bailey

The man behind several auto dealerships in San Antonio is quickly becoming the catalyst for some other developments in the Alamo City.

Red McCombs has sold 733 acres of land at the northeast corner of Potranco Road and State Highway 211 on the city's far West Side. The land is part of a larger tract known as Stevens Ranch.

The buyer was Cumberland Investments, confirms Deborah Bauer, who represented the Dallas-based developer in the deal. Bauer is president of locally based Drake Commercial Group LLC.

A.W. "Tom" Rohde III, president of locally based Rohde Ottmers Siegel Commercial & Investment Realtors, represented McCombs in the deal.

Cumberland's plans for the acreage include a retail center that could span about 1 million square feet of space, Bauer continues. Phase one of this project would call for developing about 200 acres out of the 733, and could also include some multifamily development.

Several retail and multifamily players have already expressed interest in the project.

-----------------------------------------

Not only is Potranco at 1604 being swamped with new retail so is Military and 1604 and Culebra and 1604. Now 211 is about get hit with major retail.

Stevens Ranch, Redbird Ranch, Alamo Ranch, and Briggs Ranch are all very close to each other in far west Bexar. In total they will build nearly 40,000 homes.

Alamo Ranch will have a 900,000 sq. ft. retail center and now Stevens Ranch will have a 1,000,000 sq. f.t retail center.

Alamo Ranch will have an elementary school and a middle school. Stevens Ranch is planned to have one high school, two elementary, and a future school (not sure what grade level).

If you live in that area, I feel bad for you, because I don't know when they're going to expand 1604 in that are nor when they're going to expand the other roads that are at capacity already.

Buddy Holly
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Besides those two big retail centers I listed above, there's a 300,000 sq. ft. being built at 1604 and Military, another 300,000 sq. ft. coming at 1604 and Potranco and a 500,000 sqaure foot coming to 1604 and Culebra (across from the 900,000 sq. ft. Alamo Ranch Market mentioned before).

Buddy Holly
10-30-2006, 08:33 PM
BTW, Stevens Ranch is planned to have 6,000 homes. Alamo Ranch will have 15,000 homes. Redbird Ranch will have 7,000 homes and I'm not quite sure on the exact number Briggs Ranch will have, but its in the 4,000-5,000 range.