PDA

View Full Version : Unbe-fucking-lievable!

MaNuMaNiAc
10-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Last September 29, the city of Buenos Aires passed an antitabaco law. There are many aspects contemplated by the law, but the most far reaching and controversial apparently, states that smoking inside bars and restaurants that have less than 100 m2 covered surface is prohibited. Here in Argentina smoking has become an epidemic. I'm not quite sure what the percentages are, but I'm willing to bet well over 80% of Argentinians smoke tabaco.

Now apparently, since people aren't allowed to smoke inside, people go outside to smoke. Ofcourse, this is not something new, and if it was a couple of people I wouldn't really find anything odd with it... but now it turns out EVERYONE goes outside to smoke, and they stay there. I've been to four different pubs where people simply don't go in, the pub is practically empty inside, and the sidewalks around the pub are FULL.

My question is are people so fucking hooked on the damn thing they can't stop smoking for a couple of hours while they go out?? I always hear about how people want to quit smoking, but they never find the right time, or the right reason (as if lung cancer wasn't reason enough http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif) to quit. WELL HOW ABOUT IF A LAW WERE PASSED THAT PREVENTED YOU FROM SMOKING IN PUBS?? You'd think people would take it as an excuse to maybe not stop, but try and tone it down, wouldn't you? Well, not here...

Marklar MM
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
WELL HOW ABOUT IF A LAW WERE PASSED THAT PREVENTED YOU FROM SMOKING IN PUBS??

You said it yourself. People go outside to smoke anyways because of that other law about indoor smoking.

Carie
10-30-2006, 11:07 PM
My question is are people so fucking hooked on the damn thing they can't stop smoking for a couple of hours while they go out??
Short answer...yes.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
You said it yourself. People go outside to smoke anyways because of that other law about indoor smoking.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't. I'm just amazed at how fucking addicted people are to tabaco that they go way out of their way to keep smoking. Forget about how stupid one has to be to start smoking in the first place with everything we know about the consequences. Now, a law is passed to help people desintoxicate a little and they go out of their way to keep smoking. I swear, I feel no pity for the dude that gets lung cancer after smoking like crazy in today's world.