Parker, Tony
Udrih, Beno
Vaughn, Jacque

INACTIVE LIST
Butler, Jackie
Williams, Eric

Kori Ellis
10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
That's pretty logical. Williams is out of shape and Butler is the least experienced big.

ploto
10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Not a surprise with Tony questionable that Beno and Vaughn are both needed.

Someone did not believe my prediction than Butler would be in street clothes on opening night- who was it??

Mr. Body
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Bonner over Butler is slightly odd, but no big deal.

Add James White to the IR why dontcha?

Kori Ellis
10-30-2006, 11:33 PM

Someone did not believe my prediction than Butler would be in street clothes on opening night- who was it??

I believed you. :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1244142&postcount=2

ploto
10-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I believed you. :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1244142&postcount=2
I remembered that you agreed. Who didn't?

You got then both right- but once people got a look at Williams, I figured that was the one sure bet.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-30-2006, 11:36 PM
It can be changed up to an hour b4 tipoff so i wouldnt be suprised if it changed.

I know the Nuggets have Nene on the IL and im hoping they are resting him for the second of the b2b games. The 2nd game is at home and im sure they would want Nene to play in front of the home crowd :smokin

or maybe they just dont want him to get injured on opening night again :lol

timvp
10-30-2006, 11:41 PM

Not sure who you are thinking about but I remember you kept saying that Bonner would start the year on the inactive list.

:smokin

ploto
10-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Not sure who you are thinking about but I remember you kept saying that Bonner would start the year on the inactive list.

Nope- I said Bonner would have a hard time getting minutes- especially in the scenarios people were proposing with wanting minutes for Butler. I never did have anyone break down how all these guys were going to get all the minutes they were saying-- Bonner with 15; Williams with 15; Elson; Butler; Oberto...

I do remember you wanting Butler to start opening night. :lol

He [Butler] will start the season in street clothes.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Damn, I wanna see Butler get some time on the floor this year. Obviously, they have put him on the Jax plan though. Oh well, next year it is. :depressed

Kori Ellis
10-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Damn, I wanna see Butler get some time on the floor this year. Obviously, they have put him on the Jax plan though. Oh well, next year it is. :depressed

:lol It's one game. I'm sure Butler (if he gets in shape and catches on) will see plenty of playing time this year.

SequSpur
10-30-2006, 11:54 PM
wtf is bonner doing on the Spurs roster? We unload jack to get Butler and he has to wear a suit and watch? Pop really is a tool.

timvp
10-31-2006, 12:05 AM
Nope- I said Bonner would have a hard time getting minutes- especially in the scenarios people were proposing with wanting minutes for Butler.

Nope- You said:

Wow- Bonner went from the new Horry to the Inactive Roster in one week!

Oops.

I never did have anyone break down how all these guys were going to get all the minutes

Uh, yeah you did. And it was timvp who laid it out for you.

Duncan and Horry will play the same amount of minutes. Fabricio will take Nazr's minutes. Bonner and Elson will get Rasho's minutes depending on matchups or who is playing better.

I would say you didn't see that but you quoted me and responded :lol

I do remember you wanting Butler to start opening night. :lol

Key word is 'wanting'. As you can see in the quote of myself above, I expected Butler to be out of the rotation early on. I wanted and hoped that wouldn't be the case, but it was pretty obvious that Oberto and Elson were going to get the minutes early on.

ploto
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Oops.

That was clearly a SARCASTIC reply to someone who said Bonner would be on the IR- just a couple of days after the posting of an article that he was the new Horry.

As for the minutes- it did not include the minutes people were clamoring for for Williams. I also wondered did you really see Elson and Bonner COMBINED averaging only 18 minutes per game- especially when people were saying Bonner alone would play 15.

Your post was what you believed- but it did not address what everyone was claiming. Their totals were impossible.

THIS is what I said about Bonner:

As for Ferry- he only played about 9 or 10 minutes a game his last 2 seasons with the Spurs and did not play at all probably 1/3 of the games. I don't know that Bonner at his young age can be effective with so few minutes as he will get.

I think that is a reasonable expectation of his playing time.

timvp
10-31-2006, 12:14 AM
:lol

So I'm supposed to account for all the minutes that everyone wants players to play?

:shootme

ploto
10-31-2006, 12:17 AM
:lol

So I'm supposed to account for all the minutes that everyone wants players to play?

:shootme
No- my question was not posed merely to you.

But as for your response you never even included Butler. :D

timvp
10-31-2006, 12:22 AM
No- my question was not posed merely to you.

But as for your response you never even included Butler. :D

Yeah, no kidding. I just pointed that out :dizzy

ploto
10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, no kidding. I just pointed that out :dizzy
But you never said what you expect in March or April. Who gets bumped by Butler. I assume you hope it's Elson. :)

Bruno
10-31-2006, 07:25 AM
I will be curious to see if Pop will change the active list when Spurs will play against a true center like Shaq and Yao : Butler will be more usefull than Bonner in these matchups.

Butler should have a chance to prove what he is worth later in the season (after his diet).
Williams need to be in better shape if he wants to get playtime. If he can't, he will likely be traded at the deadline to go under the luxury tax).

Dro210
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Bonner over Butler is slightly odd, but no big deal.

Add James White to the IR why dontcha?

I wish we would get him... any news on that?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I was one of the guys who suggested Bonner might be on the IL becuase he was pretty worthless out there against Dallas. Williams is fat but he was in the right place more often than Bonner. Hopefully both players get better and/or thinner.

Mr. Body
10-31-2006, 10:54 AM
I wish we would get him... any news on that?

A player is on the waiver wire for 48 hours, during which a team that claims him takes him for his existing salary. I believe White had a 2-yr guaranteed salary and it's likely no one wants that, therefore he will clear waivers and we'll see where he goes as a free agent. One sign might be what happens to Jalen Rose, as LAL has shown interest in both and Rose will clear earlier (but LA is already at roster capacity). I can only guess what teams will be in the bidding.

I'd expect the Spurs would go for him at some point tomorrow, if they have any interest at all.

mcdunk
10-31-2006, 11:32 AM
A player is on the waiver wire for 48 hours, during which a team that claims him takes him for his existing salary. I believe White had a 2-yr guaranteed salary and it's likely no one wants that, therefore he will clear waivers and we'll see where he goes as a free agent. One sign might be what happens to Jalen Rose, as LAL has shown interest in both and Rose will clear earlier (but LA is already at roster capacity). I can only guess what teams will be in the bidding.

I'd expect the Spurs would go for him at some point tomorrow, if they have any interest at all.
White has a minimum salary contract but for two years. The Spurs could acquire White while on waivers due to the trade exception from the Rasho trade, but may not want the second year of the contract or the guarantee.

Mr. Body
10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
White has a minimum salary contract but for two years. The Spurs could acquire White while on waivers due to the trade exception from the Rasho trade, but may not want the second year of the contract or the guarantee.

They cannot trade the Rasho exception for him, since he is not a Pacer any more. You're right, the Spurs may not want to guarantee him a roster spot nor salary for next year. I also don't know their exact luxury cap situation; a minimum contract for White could cost double.

mcdunk
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
The rules state that in order for a waived player to be acquired by a team they must be
-under the salary cap.
-have a trade exception for at least the players salary.
-or the player has a one or two year contract for the minimum.

Since White has a minimum salary for two years any team could acquire him off waivers.