PDA

View Full Version : Now that Devin Brown is available will the Spurs pursue him? NO

ducks
10-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Now that Devin Brown is available will the Spurs pursue him?

—Daniel Guerra, San Antonio

Don't count on it. Devin's agent called the Spurs last week after they reduced their roster to 14 players, but, for now, the team doesn't have much interest.

The Spurs had trouble finding consistent minutes for Devin when he was splitting time with Brent Barry at the backup wing positions. With Michael Finley also now in the rotation, there's even less room.

Some scouts say Devin hasn't been the same player since injuring his back during the 2004-05 season. When you also consider the Spurs' coaches weren't too pleased with his practice habits, I wouldn't bet on this reunion happening anytime soon.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA103006.ensports.spursmail.88b62dff.html

ploto
10-31-2006, 12:04 AM
Anyone know why Devin hasn't gone to Europe to make some good money. He can bank on that NBA Title. It surely does not look like anyone from an NBA Team is knocking on his door.

timvp
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure if Peter Holt would sign off on a 15th guaranteed contract if Kobe was waived tomorrow.

Kori Ellis
10-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Anyone know why Devin hasn't gone to Europe to make some good money. He can bank on that NBA Title. It surely does not look like anyone from an NBA Team is knocking on his door.

I'm sure he is considering Europe now. I saw his name on a Euroleague prospects list the other day. I think Devin's bad practice habits got him a bad name around the NBA. I don't think it's just the back issue that is making teams avoid him.

ploto
10-31-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm sure he is considering Europe now. I saw his name on a Euroleague prospects list the other day. I think Devin's bad practice habits got him a bad name around the NBA. I don't think it's just the back issue that is making teams avoid him.
I don't think the Spurs gave him a glowing recommendation. Utah neither.

SequSpur
10-31-2006, 12:54 AM
Devin Brown went from WC to UTSA to USBL to NBDL to whatever to the Spurs undrafted.

Yeah, he has a terrible work ethic doesn't he? :rolleyes

phyzik
10-31-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if Peter Holt would sign off on a 15th guaranteed contract if Kobe was waived tomorrow.

He wont, Holt needs to pay the mexicans to mow the lawns, then water during restricted hours all day long, at his 15 houses. :dizzy

ChumpDumper
10-31-2006, 03:47 AM
Anyone know why Devin hasn't gone to Europe to make some good money. He can bank on that NBA Title. It surely does not look like anyone from an NBA Team is knocking on his door.It's to early to say that defnitively. All the guys who figured they didn't have a chance in the NBA signed with Euro teams long ago, and Devin still had money to get from his current contract. He made enough money not to have to give too much of a crap if something doesn't show up immediately this season. He could just stay in shape and wait for someone here or in Europe to call.

Dro210
10-31-2006, 06:22 AM

Devin Brown is not Kobe... that may be the difference on that one.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-31-2006, 06:45 AM
This is interesting. From watching him play, I would've thought Devin was a hard worker at practice. I am just rewatching game 5, 2004 semis vs the Lakers (yes, I know, ouch!), and Brown was superb in the 3rd and 4th quarters. He showed hustle and energy, great D on Kobe, good open court handling, passing and finishing... he was the one who kept us in that game when Duncan was getting mauled.

What did he do to his back?

Extra Stout
10-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Bad practice habits? Yeah, right. :rolleyes

Why can't they just say "he's not the same with his bad back" instead of rolling out the typical Spurs "he's popular locally so we need to assassinate his character" routine?

doldrums
10-31-2006, 08:33 AM
As a New York spurs fan, I find this whole thread ridiculous. Whether you like him personally, want to have a drink with him, date him or whatever, he is no longer NBA material. End of story. Get it through your heads people, neither the JAzz nor Warriors(2 non-playoff teams) wanted him. When I saw him play with Utah last year he was very unimpressive. LET IT GO.

ducks
10-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Bad practice habits? Yeah, right. :rolleyes

Why can't they just say "he's not the same with his bad back" instead of rolling out the typical Spurs "he's popular locally so we need to assassinate his character" routine?

he was late to practice alot

T Park
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
you people forgot, how much Mario Elie, and others had to ride his ass to practice, to get TO practice and what not?

Good lord.