PDA

View Full Version : USA Soccer to play in Copa America

MannyIsGod
10-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Its about damn time!

makedamnsure
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
ha I loved how no one replied in this thread!! This is huge!!!

If we take the best possible squad that we can (Dempsey, Gooch, etc) then we can really earn back that respect that we lost last summer in Germany.

I, for one, am very excited about this and although I know that countries like Brazil and Argentina won't bring their A game, it's still going to be a much better test than facing some island that no one has ever heard about like we usually play.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
ha I loved how no one replied in this thread!! This is huge!!!

If we take the best possible squad that we can (Dempsey, Gooch, etc) then we can really earn back that respect that we lost last summer in Germany.

I, for one, am very excited about this and although I know that countries like Brazil and Argentina won't bring their A game, it's still going to be a much better test than facing some island that no one has ever heard about like we usually play.Why wouldn't Brasil and Argentina bring their A game? Copa America is a big deal over here. Well... its important anyway. I think there is a good chance both teams bring their best players.

makedamnsure
11-03-2006, 11:11 PM
They'll bring over some good players, yeah, but you're not going to see a completely star studded lineup. At least I don't think so.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2006, 12:07 PM
They'll bring over some good players, yeah, but you're not going to see a completely star studded lineup. At least I don't think so.
what are you talking about?? Last copa America Argentina sent practically the same team they sent to the world cup

danyel
11-04-2006, 03:29 PM
what are you talking about?? Last copa America Argentina sent practically the same team they sent to the world cup

No, they sent a young team. Almost the same we used at the olympics.

Brazil didnt sent most of their top players either (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, etc...)

Team USA has already been part of the Copa America before, actually they beat Argentina 3-0 in one a few years back, when Argentina, who had already qualifyed for the next stage, played with mostly subs.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2006, 06:24 PM
No, they sent a young team. Almost the same we used at the olympics.

Brazil didnt sent most of their top players either (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, etc...)

Team USA has already been part of the Copa America before, actually they beat Argentina 3-0 in one a few years back, when Argentina, who had already qualifyed for the next stage, played with mostly subs.

no, I'm sorry, but Brasil didn't have their stars, ARgentina did. The squad was composed of Abbondanzieri, Collocini, Ayala, Heinze, Zanetti, Mascherano, Luis González, D´Alessandro, Sorín, César Delgado and Tevez. There actually are some important differences between this squad and the one we sent to the world cup, but don't tell me its was just a "young team" because thats bullshit.

danyel
11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
no, I'm sorry, but Brasil didn't have their stars, ARgentina did. The squad was composed of Abbondanzieri, Collocini, Ayala, Heinze, Zanetti, Mascherano, Luis González, D´Alessandro, Sorín, César Delgado and Tevez. There actually are some important differences between this squad and the one we sent to the world cup, but don't tell me its was just a "young team" because thats bullshit.

Yeah, you're right, i remembered it wrong.

MajorMike
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Soccer? Shouldn't this be in the non-sports forum?

Phenomanul
11-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Soccer? Shouldn't this be in the non-sports forum?

Ummm that would be billiards or bowling....

Soccer is up there with basketball as the most physically and stamina demanding sports... except that soccer doesn't have a timeout after every 5 pt swing....

MaNuMaNiAc
11-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Ummm that would be billiards or bowling....

Soccer is up there with basketball as the most physically and stamina demanding sports... except that soccer doesn't have a timeout every 5 pt swing....:tu