PDA

View Full Version : Is parker worth it

RobinsontoDuncan
11-01-2004, 03:20 PM
im just going to play devils advocate here, it doesn't neccesarily represent my true feelings but i think a few things have been generally over looked by popular opinion lately.

1) if i was the spurs GM i would come into these negotiations thinking that TP is worth manu money, because thats what his numbers and preformances have shown the last two seasons. He may still mature and get better but 52 milion dollars is very reasonable. That is before Adryian Foyle got a 42 million deal and he isnt good enough for me to spell his name right. Then Pau Gasol and Andre Kirleinko are getting max type deals, players who arent worth the max, now i, who never intented to have pay a player of tony's caliber more than David Robinson, am a little bewhildered. So i increase my bid a little, hell a lot, up 12 million dollars from my original stance. He wants more though. Shit.

2) Now i have no clue what to do because guess what else is coming up, the collective bargining agreement, which could very well decrease the cap and tax threshold, much as the cap was expected to be increased dramatically this season which prompted me to sign Brent Barry, the Tax thresh hold is expected to increase as well, but if it doesnt like that cap didnt this year, im screwed. Shit.

3) Now i have one day left to sign this guy and all hell seems to be breaking lose, and i dont even have booze anymore. Shit shit

4) is he worth that kind of money? can i pay him that much? WTF

SPURS21
11-01-2004, 03:38 PM
if i was the spurs GM i would come into these negotiations thinking that TP is worth manu money

TP is younger, learning the hardest position in the league, he is quicker and a better finisher

maxpower
11-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I've noticed people comparing TP's prospective contract value to David's contract. The only comparable thing is the Numbers. And...even that is misleading as one contract was drawn out in the 1990's. Contracts are escalating regardless of the talent. It's not fair to say TP should not get a contract that is worth more than David's contract of however many years ago. Though no one has said it directly it is insinuated that Parker's talent is nowhere near Davids thus how can his contract exceed what David made.

bigzak25
11-01-2004, 04:01 PM
parker is worth it in trade value alone. as many have said, there are alot of teams that would jump at TP for 66 million. of course, if he pulls another dissappearing act vs minny or detroit for example....perceptions would change. That would be 3 years in a row.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-01-2004, 09:21 PM
well now that we signed him i guess it doesnt mattetr if hes worth it or not, props to Jouut

SequSpur
11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
I hope to look back on this moment in about 3 years when Parker is just straight up kicking everyone's ass.